Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 06:12 PM

47 posts, read 95,481 times

Advertisements

My 22 year old daugher is extremely busy finishing up her college career! I am her mother, and helping her research apartments in K.C. or the suburbs. I love to help my kids and research things. She begins work June 25 with Cerner. She has already been in contact with a Cerner relocater, so have some ideas of apartments, plus help on city-data forum from great folks! She is debating between the city and a place like the Crossing at Barry in Northland area. She wants to be around young professionals. She loves the outdoors, running, likes to have fun, but not a drinker. She would probably be involved with the K.C. running club, Young Professionals for Habitat for Humanity, church, volunteering with Cerner, hiking/backpacking club. If anyone would be interested please respond.
Thank you for your time!!
Karen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,468,088 times
If she is interested in all those activites, the city would probably be the best option then. There are also a couple churches in the city that have gone up that appeal to the more hip/young crowd.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:36 PM

Hi Brew,
THANKS, guess that makes sense she would be closer to the different activities. Know there are some running groups in K.C. I worry for her about the parking and safety, but will investigate that further. At heart though she is not really a city girl. She even selected her college, based on a more rural location. But this is the opportunity to try different things in her life!
You are GREAT, thanks for the help and advice!
Karen

Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 PM

35 posts, read 138,697 times
She'll be able to find a running group at Cerner as well, if thats something important to her. We have our own internal forums, similar to this one, and there is one for runners. You can always contact me when she starts at Cerner and I can help direct her on how to access that.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:02 PM

11 posts, read 29,470 times
Congrats to your daughter on her job with Cerner! It's a great company. My son started last year. The training for new hires is done at the north HQ of Cerner and usually lasts a few weeks to a few months, but there are about 4 other campuses. Does your daughter know at which one she will work? Son thought he would work at South campus so got an apt in Lee's Summit, but ended up working at a North campus. Then moved farther North and got transferred to South campus! New west campus opens next year, so who knows what will happen then, so he bought a house in the middle of all the campuses.
With gas so high it would be good to be close to work. She could be involved with those activities no matter which location she lives.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 PM

I am new at this, and not quite certain how to use it, just joined. Thanks very much Poke 17, how can I find you or keep track of you. Appreciate your suggestions very much. Just out of college, new job, new city can seem a bit overwhelming!
Joybce, thanks for the very helpful information about Cerner. She is assuming North Kansas, but I should ask her if she knows for certain. Glad to hear you says it is a great company. She likes new adventures. She will be traveling 50% of the time, after 2 months of training. I responded
THANKS to you both!!
Karen

Old 05-19-2012, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walters View Post
My 22 year old daugher is extremely busy finishing up her college career! I am her mother, and helping her research apartments in K.C. or the suburbs. I love to help my kids and research things. She begins work June 25 with Cerner. She has already been in contact with a Cerner relocater, so have some ideas of apartments, plus help on city-data forum from great folks! She is debating between the city and a place like the Crossing at Barry in Northland area. She wants to be around young professionals. She loves the outdoors, running, likes to have fun, but not a drinker. She would probably be involved with the K.C. running club, Young Professionals for Habitat for Humanity, church, volunteering with Cerner, hiking/backpacking club. If anyone would be interested please respond.
Thank you for your time!!
Karen
Hi Karen,

I should say I am really glad to c ur post. I have been searching everywhere for apt to share but I couldnt find any. I wud luv to share an apt with ur daughter. I recently got placed in cerner too and I will be joining in the month of june probably on 25th. I am 26 and I m currently working in philadelphia. Has she got an apt already? Please let me know

Thanks,
Prathyusha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City