Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:41 AM

954 posts, read 1,551,198 times

Advertisements

I use to live in the "KC area" and always liked the city very much, but only visited STL a couple times. KC seemed more easy going to me than STL,
don't know if that's really true ?
BTW, congrats to the Cards and their fans. Now there's a difference, the Cards always owned SLT while the Chiefs owned KC when it came to pro sports teams IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 12:40 PM

1,830 posts, read 3,810,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
KC seemed more easy going to me than STL,
don't know if that's really true ?
My brother in law in STL (from STL) sells industrial supply to KC/STL plants and other industries including the auto industry. He spends most of his time in KC/STL plants of all kinds. I once asked him why he thought the auto industry is investing more into KC than STL. I thought this was a pretty good summary on the differences between KC/STL attitudes...

Quote:
In STL, when shlt hits the fan, most run around like a chicken with head cut off. They try to come up with complex solutions to catch the crap before it hits something. In KC, they will simply unplug the fan. This is why the auto industry invests in KC and not STL.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:45 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,648,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellykat View Post
Seriously? Your co-workers are clueless of the Plaza, Crown Center, the zoo, Starlight, Union Station, Liberty Memorial, Power&Light? That is a ton of ignorance!

Your remarks to me, a Kansas City native, continue a seemingly natural propensity of condescension of the locals. No takers for lunch dates on restaurant row? Hmmm, . .
Yawn. I came here with essentially no preconceived notions about this place, and have formed my own opinions over two years.

Additonally, I regularly offer friendly, helpful advice to those relocating here, and there are several neighborhoods (my own included) which I like very much.

And your personal attack was baseless and pathetic. I have plenty of friends.

This is a thread (that I didn't start by the way) called "STL vs. KC" so if it makes me arrogant to participate in it and disagree with your views, then so be it.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:56 PM

2,233 posts, read 3,170,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Yawn. I came here with essentially no preconceived notions about this place.
Nobody's buying that song and dance, sweetheart, but keep singing it if it makes you feel good.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 AM

425 posts, read 959,214 times
Well KC may or may not get the New York Islanders if they do not come to some sort of agrement with nassau county on a new arena soon, as their lease is up in 2015 and every idea has been shot down. The new Nets arean in downtown Brooklyn will not be an option as it will not be able to hold enough seats to make the NHL minimum. It will be a shame if the islanders move, the only American team outside of the Red Wings to be honored as an official NHL Dynasty and they may either become the KC Scouts 2.0 or Quebec Nordiques 2.0...that said, the Sprint Center does appear to be a nice arena...I may have to follow my Isles to KC if they do move...LOL

Also do not discount the Royals, they have the highest regarded farm system in the game by far and the last franchise to have that label a few years ago (Texas Rangers) has now went to back to back World Series' as the Royals have 9 prospects listed in the top 100, add in Tony retiring in STL, which means Dave Duncan may retire as well and Pujols may sign elsewhere...things may be switching the other way soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
StL has NHL. Big plus in my book. While KC has MSL, so maybe it evens out (I prefer hockey). But StL has a competitive baseball team that plays in a downtown park, while KC has the better football team and stadium. StL has SLU college sports rather than just playing host to state college games. So I choose StL for sports.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:16 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,648,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
Nobody's buying that song and dance, sweetheart, but keep singing it if it makes you feel good.
For how many people have you provided relocation assistance and advice on this forum?

Old 11-08-2011, 08:25 PM

4 posts, read 11,177 times
I think KC and STL need to come together and make missouri a better place to live period. Both cities share the same problems and it can get better for both cities if we jus stop this whole kc vs stl thing and focus on getting the right city leaders and gov in office. They are both big cities with a lot to offer to the world if we could jus get the right leadership. Jus my opinion.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:01 AM

327 posts, read 969,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post

Yawn.

And your personal attack was baseless and pathetic. I have plenty of friends.

This is a thread (that I didn't start by the way) called "STL vs. KC" so if it makes me arrogant to participate in it and disagree with your views, then so be it.
Wow! My boring post really got your back up!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:42 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,916,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor turner View Post
I think KC and STL need to come together and make missouri a better place to live period. Both cities share the same problems and it can get better for both cities if we jus stop this whole kc vs stl thing and focus on getting the right city leaders and gov in office. They are both big cities with a lot to offer to the world if we could jus get the right leadership. Jus my opinion.
KC and StL get along fine. Just a friendly rivaly between residents is all. The leaders of KC and StL work together all the time.

Wish I could say the same for the leaders of MO and KS both at the kc metro level and the topeka/jeff city level.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:42 AM

327 posts, read 969,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellykat View Post
Wow! My boring post really got your back up!

I would like to add that I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City