Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2022, 09:46 PM

908 posts, read 726,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmouse View Post
I believe you are referring to Andy Bryant. I knew him well back then and we did graduate THS 68.

Nice guy, the studious, brainy type. I haven't seen him since then.
My wife did not remember him, but then she graduated from Truman in 1969.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2022, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post
As we prepare for a bit of winter weather I would like to take this opportunity to wish all y'all a very Merry Christmas! May your days be blessed with food, family, and remembrances of the true meaning and Reason for Christmas!
I would like to echo your sentiments, Madman!

Old 12-24-2022, 09:54 AM

267 posts, read 158,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymo View Post
i would like to echo your sentiments, madman!
me too!

Old 12-25-2022, 09:45 AM

2,374 posts, read 2,765,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmouse View Post
me too!
Me three!

Be safe if traveling, enjoy this most wonderful time of the year!

Old 01-03-2023, 11:50 AM

I took the liberty to change one word in the lyrics to this song. Happy new year!
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new year for me yeah

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me
oh
And I'm feeling good

Old 01-03-2023, 12:40 PM

Found this over the CHRISTMAS holiday on the Raytown Historical Society website. Has anyone heard of this place? When I was running late and took the fast route to Ray South, I'd drive from 51st and Noland to Highway 50 (aka Knobtown). So that area to the east that remained pretty much rural bounded by hills to the east, that is Little Blue MO? I think Noland west side bounded the Raytown School District? It is likely in the LSSD, that is if any kids at all lived there.

This would be part of the area for KCIRaceway, which I believe opened around 1966.

On the west side of Noland is long time Farrand Farms, nursery, produce in season, et al. I surprisingly never set foot on its grounds (although I would today) Any one shopped there?

Was there a specialty hospital out that way? Seemed to be, like a mental hospital, maybe back in the hills. Anyone? Much obliged in advance
[i]

"The hamlet of Little Blue, Missouri lies in the basin of the Little Blue River between Noland Road, on the west, and Lee's Summit Road, on the east.

The Little Blue is a tributary of the Missouri River and passes through communities large and small from Grandview to Sibley. Traces of many Indian paths cross the river, dating back hundreds, if not thousands of years. The Lewis and Clark Expedition passed the delta of the Little Blue in 1804.

Please click through the photos to learn some of the Little Blue story."

Old 01-03-2023, 03:50 PM

267 posts, read 158,660 times
Farrand Farms has cost me a pretty penny over the years, via the Mrs. And then, guess who got to plant and care for all the stuff???? Oh the pain.....THE PAIN.......

Old 01-03-2023, 05:44 PM

De plane de plane !!

Old 01-03-2023, 07:30 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,481,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post
[i]
"The hamlet of Little Blue, Missouri lies in the basin of the Little Blue River between Noland Road, on the west, and Lee's Summit Road, on the east.
We have driven through Little Blue many times. It was a stop on the Missouri Pacific RR, and some of the village is still there. Little Blue Road runs east of Noland just south of Rickey Rd. Little Blue Baptist Church is at the corner. About a quarter-mile east of Noland you'll find the village and RR crossing. Continue E and SE on LB Road and you'll find the former Jackson County Hospital, which became Truman Medical Center East, then Truman Lakewood, now University Health Lakewood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post
Please click through the photos to learn some of the Little Blue story."
Apparently someone sold you a defective paper clip. Please reattach the link to the photos.

Old 01-03-2023, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post
We have driven through Little Blue many times. It was a stop on the Missouri Pacific RR, and some of the village is still there. Little Blue Road runs east of Noland just south of Rickey Rd. Little Blue Baptist Church is at the corner. About a quarter-mile east of Noland you'll find the village and RR crossing. Continue E and SE on LB Road and you'll find the former Jackson County Hospital, which became Truman Medical Center East, then Truman Lakewood, now University Health Lakewood.

Apparently someone sold you a defective paper clip. Please reattach the link to the photos.
https://www.raytownhistoricalsociety...cusedresearch/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City