Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:09 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,090,427 times

Advertisements

I would put it something like this:

After moving from Florida it took time to become reestablished in my career, although my employment history shows that I rapidly proved myself and was offered positions with more responsibility. I am now at a point in my career where I'm looking for a long term position with a stable organization.

Turn teh negative into a positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,133 times
I would try [url=http://www.resumejockey.com]Home - Resume Jockey[/url] I was having problems writing my resume and cover letter. They made my resume and it looks very professional. It definitely stands out from all of my old coworkers resumes. I think it definitely helped me land a job quicker than my other coworkers that were also laid off at the same time as me.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:44 PM

652 posts, read 1,277,557 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I would put it something like this:

After moving from Florida it took time to become reestablished in my career, although my employment history shows that I rapidly proved myself and was offered positions with more responsibility. I am now at a point in my career where I'm looking for a long term position with a stable organization.

Turn teh negative into a positive.
I had 3 different jobs in a short period of time in Florida too. I moved from PA to Florida for a year then I moved back to PA and I had to do the same in FL and in PA. Should I say: After moving to Florida for a year then moving back to Pennsylvania it took time to become reestablished in my career, although my employment history shows that I rapidly proved myself and was offered positions with more responsibility. I am now at a point in my career where I'm looking for a long term position with a stable organization? (before moving to Florida I had long term jobs in PA it's just when I moved and when I came back to PA I had 3 jobs in order to get to where I wanted to be).

Old 05-19-2009, 04:52 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,090,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin View Post
I had 3 different jobs in a short period of time in Florida too. I moved from PA to Florida for a year then I moved back to PA and I had to do the same in FL and in PA. Should I say: After moving to Florida for a year then moving back to Pennsylvania it took time to become reestablished in my career, although my employment history shows that I rapidly proved myself and was offered positions with more responsibility. I am now at a point in my career where I'm looking for a long term position with a stable organization? (before moving to Florida I had long term jobs in PA it's just when I moved and when I came back to PA I had 3 jobs in order to get to where I wanted to be).
Sounds great! You might want to add that you are now permantly settled in the area and have no plans to relocate. You could also work in something about how you learned new skills at each place you worked that make you a more rounded employee with a broad skill set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search