Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:48 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times

Advertisements

HI again- Today I ws informed my resume was prretty weak, although I spet hours on it. Does anyone know a reasonably priced resume service I can use>? I'm in the Mlw Wi area but not sure if there are other options.

Funnfy thing is I've gottne 12 interviews other te last 3 months with my current resume, now resumespider feels its weak? cmon!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 06:02 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,114,293 times
have you checked your spelling on the resumes?

Old 01-14-2008, 06:13 PM

58 posts, read 157,934 times
A resume is much like your own personal sales brochure. Is it what you WANT to say? Is it telling the story of your depth and expertise? Or is it a weak reflection of you? You can't change a weak history into a good one...but you can make a good history better and if someone is telling you your resume is weak, it probably means the presentation side...they won't bother telling you if you had a WEAK background. So don't take it personal, make it better somehow and we affiliate with ResumeWriters with great success and there is also a website for trained resume writers and you can search by professionals in your area: Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches which is the Professional Association of Resume Writers.

Hope that helps...it's worth a look and just a quick note, anything you can hire done you CAN do yourself with the right time and information.

Vicki Herrod

Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,178 times
Default Spell check

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
HI again- Today I ws informed my resume was prretty weak, although I spet hours on it. Does anyone know a reasonably priced resume service I can use>? I'm in the Mlw Wi area but not sure if there are other options.

Funnfy thing is I've gottne 12 interviews other te last 3 months with my current resume, now resumespider feels its weak? cmon!!!

Not to be funny, but spelling and punctation is key to a great resume. If your resume reflect what you wrote here, than they are right to tell you it's weak. They are actually helping you.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
Thumbs up Weak Resume!!!!!!!!!

A RESUME is to show a prospective Employer your EDUCATION along with your recent work experience related to your EDUCATION application. Any false information connecting those two requirements will be a definite turn down. A WEAK assumption means they were not completly satisfied with your RESUME as to its contents. I do not know exactly your work experience or your schooling (HIGH SCHOOL/ AA DEGREE/BA DEGREE/MS DEGREE etc. But I will say onething. I like to mispell wrds evry tree deys to make people sit up and take notice. Surprisingly, many people never notice. Shows intellect. I would hope yours is a lot better then what you put on this POST. Wish You LUCK. Steve

Old 01-15-2008, 05:58 AM

24,538 posts, read 10,859,092 times
See pm.

Threestep

Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 AM

211 posts, read 979,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post

As a Certified Professional Resume Writer & Career Coach, I can tell you that this may be due to a "lack" of keywords in your resume. Please remember that most resumes are scanned rather than read by the human eye.

There are reasonable resume writing services out there. You can try going to a private writer (it doesn't matter where you live, as most write on a long-distance basis . . . check PARW's Website). However, if you are looking for something a little bit less expensive, then you can try the services on career boards (such as Monster.com). They are still good resumes, as they contract out to certified writers.

An opinion given on a resume is shaky . . . it all depends on *who* is reviewing it and giving you the opinion! I can give a resume to a recruiter, a resume writer, and an HR professional and each would give a different opinion. There are no *specific* rules in resume writing . . . just guidelines.

Overall, using a professional resume writer is *definitely* worth it.

Good luck!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:27 AM

8 posts, read 35,428 times
I recently used a resume service which worked out quite well. This service was a little different than most out there because they used consultants in the hiring positions of similar jobs to the job posting you are applying to. That might not make much sense, but anyways they were fairly affordable and i was very pleased with their work and the resulting interviews from it. Their company was called
www.vision-analytics.com
Hope everything works out for you.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times
Google info on writing a resume online.
Get some FREE books from the library.
I think anyone can write a resume. Let your skills shine through.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:04 AM

1,786 posts, read 6,899,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I would hope yours is a lot better then what you put on this POST.
Yours too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search