Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:38 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,909,919 times

Advertisements

I worked at a casual dining "bar and grill" restaurant. One day, a woman came in with her preschool aged child, asked for an application, and was told if she wanted to wait until/come back at 2pm she could have an interview. Since it was about one, she decided to stay and order some lunch while she filled out her app. She had a margarita with lunch! During the interview, her kid sat at the table where they had had lunch. She told the manager she really needed a job because her husband was "upstate in the pen". No, she did not get the job.

Another time, a guy came in in a suit for an interview for a server position (or any position they would hire him for). We asked him later (yes he got hired) about the suit - "I really really needed a job". He obviously had more sense in him than the margarita lady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 10:14 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,090,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
I once interviewed a candidate for an open position in my department. It was a well paying job, as an appeals researcher for a big insurance company. He was professionally dressed, serious, the interview going well. His cell phone rang, he answered it, and held his finger up at me in a "just a moment" gesture, and carried on a conversation.
OK, my mouth just hit the floor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search