Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:46 PM

69 posts, read 176,293 times

Advertisements

I was rejected for internship position about 2 months ago and i recently saw the company re-post the position and i reapplied, they sent me a generic email (what i now know is a generic email) to let me know i have be accepted to move on to the next step of the interviewing process, I emailed the HR personnel to let them know i was ready to move on to the next step which was an Assessment and i got a email response saying i had already tested from my previous application (when i was rejected).

So i decided to email them back and ask if the last Assessment scores(I dont know what they are) mean I am automatically out of the running for the position. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully they will give me a second opportunity. Does anyone in HR know of a situation like mine and how it usually turns out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 12:16 AM

1,128 posts, read 3,480,386 times
Two months seems too soon. The only situation where I've heard of people getting second chances at job interviews they had already failed was if they acquired new, relevant work experience. If you only have to offer what you had when you originally interviewed, you don't really have a reason to reapply.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:41 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
Two months seems too soon. The only situation where I've heard of people getting second chances at job interviews they had already failed was if they acquired new, relevant work experience. If you only have to offer what you had when you originally interviewed, you don't really have a reason to reapply.
Exactly. Unless something has changed, you are begging for something you won't get.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:26 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,425,091 times
The other posters gave you some good advice.

It never hurts to ask, just try, try again.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:49 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
I have in the past re-posted an opening. It was because none of those that applied the first time were suitable. People were willing to apply again however there's no way we would reconsider them a second time if rejected before. If the position required 3 years experience and they had only two, we could reconsider them for an opening a year later if they picked up the additional experience.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:50 PM

300 posts, read 1,136,516 times
If you got rejected just move on and re-apply later on if you want. Some business make you want a certain time before you can re-apply again.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:37 PM

69 posts, read 176,293 times
The funny thing about this position is I didnt interview for it in person or over the phone so I was pretty much rejected based on my assessment and resume. I really hope they reconsider and atleast give me a phone interview so that I could prove myself. I think the position reopened because the candidates they interviewed over the phone or in person didn't much up and I wasn't interviewed in person or over the phone so hopefully they will give a go. For those that gave the advice that I have no chance I pretty much know that once a company rejects a canadidate they rarely reconsider them but I reapplied to this one because I wasn't even interviewed (I maybe too optimistic but you have to try sometimes)

Old 09-15-2012, 04:22 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Sorry but that's bull. The place I'm working in right now rejected me at first. (Actually, a few times, but I kept applying and no, not a year later...a month later, two months later, etc.)

Keep trying. Just because they rejected your app before does NOT mean they will automatically reject you again.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 PM

653 posts, read 1,802,269 times
Yeah, it's discouraging. But you gotta try. What is there to lose?

Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times
Keep applying. Some employers will repeatedly post an ad because they can't find anyone who is "qualified." Really, they can't find anyone who meets their preferred qualifications, but they have plenty of applicants who meet their minimum qualifications. Eventually, they'll realize they can't be as picky as they thought they could and will hire people who meet the minimum qualifications. I applied to the job I just started several times over the past year. I've also gotten a few interviews for jobs I was previously rejected from in the application phase just a couple of months before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search