Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,865 times

Advertisements

I am in a similar situation. I applied for a position with the state, took an exam and was invited to interview. i thought the interview went well and was told that if i was accepted i would receive a call, if not a letter in the mail. i received the dreaded letter but went back on the website and noticed that the same position had been posted again. i applied for the position again (didn't have to take exam again) and was invited to interview again. i honestly don't know what's going to happen but I am hoping that i have a different outcome this time around. What do you guys think? Anyone have similar experiences? Do you think my chances of getting the position are better this time around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Keep reappling. People will always come and go.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:13 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Keep reappling. People will always come and go.

That's what I did, Rejected in June and applied again in November lol

Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Sometimes there will be an additional opening, or a change in the job requirements/duties, but most often when they re-announce an opening it means that none of the applicants met their needs.

When I have done this people were given the option of re-applying and interviewing again, but there were reasons they were not selected the first time and very unlikely that a second try would make any difference.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:22 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,917 times
yeah, i'd say it's worth a shot if you can spare the time, but it's not very likely that things will turn out differently.

if they really liked you but just chose someone else, then that person fell through for whatever reason, or a second position opened up, they probably would have contacted you as a second choice. relisting the job so soon probably means they would have said no to you no matter what. but you never know.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:27 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
yeah, i'd say it's worth a shot if you can spare the time, but it's not very likely that things will turn out differently.

if they really liked you but just chose someone else, then that person fell through for whatever reason, or a second position opened up, they probably would have contacted you as a second choice. relisting the job so soon probably means they would have said no to you no matter what. but you never know.
It doesn't sound like the OP got to the interview portion of the process. The OP submitted the assessment the company wanted and was not contacted further.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:29 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It doesn't sound like the OP got to the interview portion of the process. The OP submitted the assessment the company wanted and was not contacted further.

Well if that's the case then the obvious answer would have been of course he can reapply.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:34 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
In the public sector sometimes a manager will reject a cert after interviews when a person on the list is blocking (they are required to hire) but not suitable. Different cert, different list, maybe the blocker won't apply.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
i'm not sure how this is a response to what i said.

he can try, it's just not likely that he will succeed since nothing's really changed since he last applied.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i'm not sure how this is a response to what i said.

he can try, it's just not likely that he will succeed since nothing's really changed since he last applied.
I may have hit the wrong post to quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search