Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Jaguar
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 02:49 PM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times

Advertisements

Just saw, online, an article published by 'Car&Driver' magazine, which stated that Jaguar sales have slowed, and as a reaction to this, they're going to end production of ICE powered cars, by the end of 2024. Just wondering if this will increase the value of current Jags, or drive it lower.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2024, 02:54 PM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Just saw, online, an article published by 'Car&Driver' magazine, which stated that Jaguar sales have slowed, and as a reaction to this, they're going to end production of ICE powered cars, by the end of 2024. Just wondering if this will increase the value of current Jags, or drive it lower.....
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) have been moving away from ICE for quite a few years, and have invested heavily in terms of new production lines.

Jaguar Land Rover to ramp up EV production with £15bn investment - The Guardian (19th April 2023)

Old 03-21-2024, 06:10 AM

This news, at least in my opinion, doesn't bode well for current (no pun intended!!) Jaguar owners, as the present Jaguar dealer network isn't all that populous. And the reduction in models available for them to sell, certainly won't make it profitable for them to continue in business.

I have a Jaguar dealer where I live, but unlike many other brands, which have multiple dealers in a 15 mile radius of me, the next closest Jaguar dealer is 60 miles away.

Old 03-21-2024, 06:40 AM

I must have hit "submit new topic" 2 times.............OOPS!

Old 03-21-2024, 07:16 AM

10,811 posts, read 4,506,581 times
If you ask nice and bribe them the mods might merge-it

Old 03-21-2024, 07:50 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
This news, at least in my opinion, doesn't bode well for current (no pun intended!!) Jaguar owners, as the present Jaguar dealer network isn't all that populous. And the reduction in models available for them to sell, certainly won't make it profitable for them to continue in business.

I have a Jaguar dealer where I live, but unlike many other brands, which have multiple dealers in a 15 mile radius of me, the next closest Jaguar dealer is 60 miles away.
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) is owned by parent company Tata Group, which is a vast Indian multi-national, and they have invested heavily in new production and battery technology, as well as investing in new designs and models, manyt of which are yet to be unveiled.

Exclusive: Jaguar to return in 2025 with trio of electric sports SUVs - Autocar

Jaguar Land Rover (which includes Range Rover) they tend to be a luxury brand and this is reflected in their dealerships and locations, and they plan even more targeting of the exclusive end of the market, and this is going to be reflected in some of the new models that are to be launched in the coming years.

As for emerging markets places such as India and the Far East are the big potential emerging markets in relation to more exclusive vehicles.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:53 AM

10,811 posts, read 4,506,581 times
lemme pull this out of the other thread

TATA wants to ditch it, but no one is buying as the product line is 9+ years old. they can roll the E line into their own brand but the volume is so low. According to a group of jaguar dealers, all orders after a certain point are cancelled - ALL. And an entirely new lineup - maybe - will debut in 2026

from the dealers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer network

I’ve got some news for you that I’m sure will disappoint so my apologies. The reason Jaguar did not convert your order is because they are shutting down production of all models by June. I’m sure you had heard that their plan was to go ultra-luxury with an all-new all electric line up in 2025, which currently is now postponed until 2026. New reports suggest that JLR is working towards splitting the brands and it appears that their parent company, TATA Motors, is in the process of spinning Jaguar off to sell it as a separate business unit. My guess is they’ll find a Chinese backer looking to enter the market with some brand recognition. Their plan is for low volume production in the future that doesn’t fully support the existing dealer network. They have been actively pursuing dealers to turn back their Jaguar franchises as they will only be producing around 9,000 vehicles annually. They’ve gone from 187 dealers in 2022 to 141 dealers currently, and are looking to have only 90 in total. With 90 dealers and 9,000 cars that’s only 100 cars per dealer per year, or 8.25 per month. It’s simply not a sustainable business model.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
If you ask nice and bribe them the mods might merge-it
I was thinking of that, but I'm not familiar how you connect with a mod.....

Old 03-22-2024, 05:56 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Mistake: Their sales are fragile to begin with. Take away gas options and it will crush sales.

Local dealer still shows new 2023's in stock and heavily discounted.

Old 03-22-2024, 07:30 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
The dealer network in the US is so small, and they've never been very reliable. And then factor in the massive depreciation, I can't see why anyone would buy one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Jaguar