Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
What like the LA Superdome, Joe Robbie/Pro Player Stadium or Raymond James Stadium? Those are state of the Art?? Really?
No more like Met Life Stadium or Cowboy Stadium, these are state of the art.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 08:40 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
2 out of 31?

Old 02-10-2012, 07:23 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
Mark the tape. Jacksonville will NEVER host another super bowl. They really never should have gotten the one they did. Boats as hotels, major LOL!!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 02:10 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Honestly, the only reason they're getting a SB in East Rutherford, NJ (I used to live 10 mins from there) is because of 9/11. The whole movement to bring a SB there was started after that.

It's a ridiculously STUPID idea to have a SB there...TRUST me.

Access to/from the stadium SUCKS when there is any more than a little bit of traffic. There really is no entertainment area in the immediate vicinity of the stadium (it's in the middle of reclaimed swamp area between a bunch of highways). You're too far out of NYC (when traffic is factored in) to be convenient to get in/out for that many people. The Hoboken area, while a LOT of fun, can't really fit that many more people (parking is non-existent to begin with and the bars are all small and packed normally). Jersey City, while improving still sucks and there isn't a whole lot to do there.

On top of all of that, the stadium is the absolute WORST stadium I've ever been in. Sure, it's new but it's HORRIBLE. A PITA to get anywhere. Confusing as hell to find where you're supposed to sit (unless they've fixed that after the first season). It's just not a very good stadium.

And what happens if they're fortunate enough to get a good dumping of snow? What if it happens the day of the game?

Old 02-10-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
Honestly, the only reason they're getting a SB in East Rutherford, NJ (I used to live 10 mins from there) is because of 9/11. The whole movement to bring a SB there was started after that.

It's a ridiculously STUPID idea to have a SB there...TRUST me.

Access to/from the stadium SUCKS when there is any more than a little bit of traffic. There really is no entertainment area in the immediate vicinity of the stadium (it's in the middle of reclaimed swamp area between a bunch of highways). You're too far out of NYC (when traffic is factored in) to be convenient to get in/out for that many people. The Hoboken area, while a LOT of fun, can't really fit that many more people (parking is non-existent to begin with and the bars are all small and packed normally). Jersey City, while improving still sucks and there isn't a whole lot to do there.

On top of all of that, the stadium is the absolute WORST stadium I've ever been in. Sure, it's new but it's HORRIBLE. A PITA to get anywhere. Confusing as hell to find where you're supposed to sit (unless they've fixed that after the first season). It's just not a very good stadium.

And what happens if they're fortunate enough to get a good dumping of snow? What if it happens the day of the game?
As much as I think the idea of having the super bowl in JACKSONVILLE is a joke, having the super bowl in new york is even MORE absurd, a complete ****ing joke. I hope it blizzards the entire time and people are frozen to their seats.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:16 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
As much as I think the idea of having the super bowl in JACKSONVILLE is a joke, having the super bowl in new york is even MORE absurd, a complete ****ing joke. I hope it blizzards the entire time and people are frozen to their seats.
Not to mention it's NOT in NY.

I have never understood how they talk about the NY Giants and NY Jets when neither of them has played their home games (or had their HQ) in NY for DECADES!

Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,527 times
Quote:
Mark the tape. Jacksonville will NEVER host another super bowl. They really never should have gotten the one they did. Boats as hotels, major LOL!!!!
I wouldnt be so doubtful. I mean Indianapolis is not exactly a mecca of fun. I think Jax can host again but not for a while. People b**** and moan about how horrible it is here but look beyond your prejudices against Jacksonville. Everywhere has its issues and we arent exactly a party destination like New Orleans or Miami but Jax isnt Waycross. I am sure the powers that be want a "fun" Superbowl local that is why New Orleans and Miami have hosted multiple times, so we have our work set out for us.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:41 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
Indy isn't the mecca of fun, but the way it was setup was great. They will get it again and soon.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
You know for as crabby as you are, you would fit in to Jacksonville very well. What did a Jacksonville woman do to you to make you pile on the way you do?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
You know for as crabby as you are, you would fit in to Jacksonville very well. What did a Jacksonville woman do to you to make you pile on the way you do?
An STD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville