Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 04:40 PM

81 posts, read 277,436 times

Advertisements

I'm just looking for some info. What park of Jacksonville would be the best place to live to raise a 5 year old with good schools, low crime, nice neighborhood, and away from any flooding from rivers.
Im gonna be working in MacClenny so I would like to be close to there, maybe 25-30 minutes. I know that its a year away but I'm starting my research now. Also, how are the property taxes and school taxes there, low/high? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 07:00 PM

725 posts, read 2,582,979 times
If we knew a little more about what type of living you like we could better assist you. There's rural living out near Maclenny. You can take the Chaffee Road exit off I10 and see some new developments in there. Old Plank Plantation is one. Your commute would be short, low crime, no flooding. This area would not do for a beach person or city person, it has a country feel.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:24 AM

81 posts, read 277,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryde41 View Post
If we knew a little more about what type of living you like we could better assist you. There's rural living out near Maclenny. You can take the Chaffee Road exit off I10 and see some new developments in there. Old Plank Plantation is one. Your commute would be short, low crime, no flooding. This area would not do for a beach person or city person, it has a country feel.
I really don't want to be right in the middle of the city, I'm not a city person. I don't mind the crowds but I just don't want my house to be like 100 feet from someone elses, that's kind of what I'm looking for.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:04 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,589,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan1977 View Post
I really don't want to be right in the middle of the city, I'm not a city person. I don't mind the crowds but I just don't want my house to be like 100 feet from someone elses, that's kind of what I'm looking for.
You shouldn't have a problem right there in the MacClenny area. MacClenny is not in Jacksonville/Duval county, it is in Baker county and it's pretty rural there. Even if you crossed the line into Duval county, you'd be in a less populated part of Duval. You could even cross into Clay county pretty easily and be in a rural-like part of the county (I'm thinking towards Middleburg).

You don't necessarily need to be near a river for flooding. Some areas are low enough ground to flood from rain alone, and there are plenty of river neighborhoods that don't flood at all. You'll want to check your flood zone rating carefully no matter where you choose to live.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:48 PM

4 posts, read 15,679 times
I'm quite the beach gal myself...but our homes tend to be on top of each other if you now what I mean. My hubby and I have been looking to move to Green Cove Springs recently and found some very affordable home builders in the area. Collins Builders - New Home Builders in Jacksonville, Florida | Collins Builders and Kingsouth Homes - Kingsouth Construction
Unfortunately, we don't have children yet, so I'm not familiar with the school systems. But I do know the area is gorgeous and not too far from the beach.
Happy househunting and good luck with your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville