Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:31 AM

4 posts, read 9,353 times

Advertisements

leaving tomorrow to San Diego and will attend the 2008 Solar conference for business purposes.- Would be willing to share the latest if interested. both modules and "thin-film" that has been recently sold in the US have good track records.(a 20-25 year warranty is not that uncommon) . It is true advancements in thin film production have production cost going down- FirstSolar made compelling fairly recent announcements of new technology cost improvements alluded to in above post. (I believe most all of the production is shipped out of country). Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 09:40 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weweillc View Post
leaving tomorrow to San Diego and will attend the 2008 Solar conference for business purposes.- Would be willing to share the latest if interested. both modules and "thin-film" that has been recently sold in the US have good track records.(a 20-25 year warranty is not that uncommon) . It is true advancements in thin film production have production cost going down- FirstSolar made compelling fairly recent announcements of new technology cost improvements alluded to in above post. (I believe most all of the production is shipped out of country). Regards
Love to hear how it goes....here or on the Green Living forum .

Old 05-07-2008, 08:28 AM

4 posts, read 9,353 times
Default Solar 2008 show and cool solar bike

I just got back from attending the 5-day Solar 2008 sponsered by the American Solar Energy Society. This was held in San Diego CA
I have been starting a new business after selling previous business and elected to attend for educational purpose. My college degree was in energy mangement, I worked in the energy industry prior to starting last business of 20 years, and presently pursing energy saving products/services business with focus on solar. Btw the Florida rebate program fund for 07-08 had ran out( as mentioned previosly), approx $3.2 million in new applications has accrued, it was recently approved to re- fund program with $5 million (2007-2008 had been funded at $3.5 Million). Industry insiders had been looking for $10 million. I spent 3 days with the CEO of a German based solar company talking technology but the biggest message I come out of this event is not necessarily the technology (which is solid and getting better) but is the global market and global perspective of this industry. Germany, France, Spain, and many other countries are increasing solar usage by large, large amounts. They have instilled strong incentive programs. Why? Is it because it makes sense? Do we in the USA know more? Are they right and are we wrong? Does the world wait for X years until technology drives the cost per kwhr down to acceptable numbers in comparison to our coal, nuclear provided energy. Or do we incentify the accelerated use. Many of the other countries we share this globe with has elected to not wait. I think while we share concerns about potential effects of global warming on our children that energy independence for USA might not be bad to pass along as well. On a "cooler" note check out this solar bike. Ironically, I travel from Fl to CA, to see a bike designed by University of Florida
Attached Thumbnails
Solar Rebates used up?-img224.jpg  

Old 05-08-2008, 01:07 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weweillc View Post
On a "cooler" note check out this solar bike. Ironically, I travel from Fl to CA, to see a bike designed by University of Florida
Looks too comfy to be biking, I think I'd be napping going down the road !

That IS funny that if was designed by UF .

Old 06-24-2009, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,267 times
Does anyone want an update on this topic regarding solar?

I know quite a bit on this subject and am willing to share my knowledge.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:24 PM

41 posts, read 132,193 times
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville