Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 01:55 PM

65 posts, read 198,073 times

Advertisements

So i have been doing some research on solar water heater, and want to find out if its possible to install a solar system in a condo..

I have read through the solar rights act, and am still not sure if I have the right answer. I live in a 3 story condo (first floor - garage, second - living, 3rd - bedrooms), and the roof where the panels needs to be installed is considered a common roof. Does this mean I can still install the panels on the roof based on the solar rights act?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 09:16 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Hmm....now if you could get your entire condo to agree to do solar water heaters, then you could put them on all the roofs (and just do a reassessment for your maintenance fees).

But for you to install one on a shared roof for your own use....my guess would be that your neighbors would not be happy .

Going green can be a real selling point later, maybe it's worth it to pitch the idea to go solar to your condo?

Old 12-01-2011, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,698 times
is it not possable to install your panals to your air conditioning rack it is consider your property you may not get the amount of savings you antisipated but you may be able to subcidize your current usage and subsquently your eletric bill

Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
You're kidding right? You dont own the building, you think they are gonna let you just drill through the roof? LoL!

Old 12-07-2011, 10:25 PM

5 posts, read 11,904 times
I have a solar A/c and water heater I had installed through Sun Works Solar. They were great is working within limitations of my HOA. I am sure who ever you work with to install your panels will offer alternative placement options if needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville