Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 PM

194 posts, read 317,442 times

Advertisements

A must! Fancy Sushi. Great little place with fantastic service and best sushi in North Fla. imo

Stay away from Shuckers!! Bad service, terrible food!! Did I mention bad service?

Karibo. Great sandwich and pasta joint with awesome atmosphere and great service.

Kelly's Courtyard Café. Great!! see above.

The Surf. Typical tourist grub, not too bad though.

Sliders. Great locale, awesome atmosphere, (live music). Food? see above.

Anymore suggestions??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 11:18 PM

195 posts, read 322,250 times
In my humble opinion, the best restaurant on Amelia Island is "Salt" which is located in the Ritz Carlton.
It's rather pricey but well worth it. It is Amelia Island only 5 Diamond Dining Experience. Nuff said!
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...on/Default.htm

Old 07-15-2013, 07:37 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Haven't tried it yet, but everyone is *raving* about a new restaurant called La Mancha at 2709 Sadler Road, across from Dairy Queen. Spanish food such as tapas, etc.

My favorite go-to place is Arte's. With the exception of Sliders, I like all the places you mention, boo radley. I also like the Salty Pelican. It is nothing fancy at all, but the view is nice, the oysters are pretty good, and the staff is friendly.

Another good sushi place is the Kabuki. It's just in the little strip mall at the island WalMart, but once you're inside, the atmosphere is warm and friendly, and the food is well prepared.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:43 PM

195 posts, read 336,001 times
I agree with most of this list, though 29 South is missing.
definitely my favorite place to get fried green tomatoes. C:

Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 PM

5,210 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Haven't tried it yet, but everyone is *raving* about a new restaurant called La Mancha at 2709 Sadler Road, across from Dairy Queen. Spanish food such as tapas, etc.

My favorite go-to place is Arte's. With the exception of Sliders, I like all the places you mention, boo radley. I also like the Salty Pelican. It is nothing fancy at all, but the view is nice, the oysters are pretty good, and the staff is friendly.

Another good sushi place is the Kabuki. It's just in the little strip mall at the island WalMart, but once you're inside, the atmosphere is warm and friendly, and the food is well prepared.
I second all of the above and we also have going to Artes since they opened......Tastys is a favorite also for a quick bite and Chez Lezan (spelling?) has killer everything bagels. We are lucky as we have a lot of mom and pop resturant that are really nice.

I will have to try the new resturant across from Dairy Queen, Espania is also one of our favorites.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:23 AM

194 posts, read 317,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post

We saw the Salty Pelican and plan on going there when we return to our favorite island in October. Is it fairly new?
So many great places in Fernandina Beach as well as Amelia. Always like the Green Turtle for after dinner drinks and music. Cool little place.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Yes, boo, the Salty Pelican opened less than a year ago. Like I said, nothing fancy, but I just like that place.
If you like the Green Turtle, you'd probably like the Salty Pelican.

Scarlett, I was kind of disappointed with my last meal at 29 South--maybe they just had an off night.

Chez Lezan also makes fantastic desserts. Her flourless chocolate cake is to die for.

JB, I agree with you about Espana, it's definitely a favorite. We also had a nice dinner at Lulu's awhile back.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:17 PM

We to have had two off meals in a row from 29 South......and just have not had a chance to get back.....we are lucky at the variety both on and off the island.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:52 PM

542 posts, read 702,736 times
Ok I like all the fancy places too, but I have to come to the defense of shuckers. I go there for lunch a lot and I have always had great southern hospitality from the girls waiting table, also they have have good inexpensive lunch specials try the pork roast, real mashed potatoes, real gravey and yes canned beans but hey it is like $8.00.. beers are $1.50 really come on, they aren't claiming to be "salt" also spicey grouper wrap is really good. IMHO

Old 09-15-2013, 05:40 AM

Haven't tried Shuckers yet, although like you everyone I know that has been there loved it.

May have to give it a try soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville