Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 10:05 AM

34 posts, read 104,658 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am hoping someone who lives in the Murabella community in St Augustine, or someone who is familiar with the area can provide some guidance. We are close to finalizing a home in the Murabella community and want to make sure we are making the right choice.

We have 2 small daughters (7 and 10), and the schools in St Johns county seem to highly rated. My employment is close to Bartram Springs, therefore if I have to drive in to work, the worst case scenario I would be looking at is a half hour commute. Fortunately, I am able to work 3-4 days remotely from home so that should not be an issue. The market around Murabella is sparse at this time but it appears to be an upcoming area so i'm sure malls, shopping etc will eventually come up once the population increases. We have looked at Durbin Crossing, Julington Park and a few other communities and for some reason I have found them to be cookie cutter homes. Any advice that anyone can advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 12:08 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,256 times
What builder are you going with
Have you checked the cdd and taxes which are high?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:41 PM

CDD Fees are approx. $200. HOA = $50. Property Taxes are approx. 5K.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:44 PM

To give you an idea, the house was originally 470K with extremely high upgrades. Its a short sale home, and upon inspection there appears to be no major issues - some paint work required and a dishwasher replaced. Other than that, I am trying to determine whether there is something wrong with the community in general....

Old 04-20-2013, 01:19 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,256 times
As I suspected the cdd and property taxes are very high compared to other sub divisions
Short sales need the approval of the bank and that is often a long and hard process and you are best advised to have a short sales negotiator ( of which I am not one!) on your side
I am sorry to be a little negative but IMHO there are better bargains out there especially foreclosed homes

Old 04-20-2013, 07:49 PM

64 posts, read 163,796 times
Murabella is in an excellent area with good schools. Murabella is zoned for Mill Creek Elementary and The King and Bear across the street is zoned for Wards Creek Elementary. Both schools feed into Pacetti Bay Middle School and Nease High School- both of which are really good. We are a young couple with children and currently building a new home in The King and Bear. We chose the King and Bear over Murabella because it is HOA only (no CDD fees). The HOA is approx. 130 dollars/month. Both neighborhoods have lots of children and new home construction in both has been on the rise lately along with the rest of the county. Let me know if you have any other questions. Who built the home you are looking at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville