Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 07:05 PM

8 posts, read 20,411 times

Advertisements

I am new to the boards here and would love to get some info regarding the Saint Augustine area. We would love to move down to the area and wondering if due to the housing burst if the following areas are worth moving to: Heritage Landings, Sevilla and Murabella. I've noticed many short sales and foreclosures in these areas and we are wondering if the neighborhoods are worth moving to. I know the prices are fantastic but are they safe for kids, any squatters due to foreclosures, etc. The schools seem to be ranking very well in St. John's County and are about the same here in Northville, Michigan. Thanks in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,009 times
Hello,
I saw your question about moving to Saint Augustine. It is a lovely area. I have pretty much lived everywhere and although nothing is perfect, Saint Augustine comes close. No problem with squaters. Most vacant properties are listed and have Realtors who care for them. It is a distressed market but the homes do sell. Our school system is very good. If you like I can send you listings. Just drop me a note and let me know what you would like to buy.
Have a great weekend.
Carol vonRabenstein.
Deltona Realty.
[email]Carol@selljax.com[/email]

Old 01-22-2011, 06:47 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selljax View Post
Hello,
I saw your question about moving to Saint Augustine. It is a lovely area. I have pretty much lived everywhere and although nothing is perfect, Saint Augustine comes close. No problem with squaters. Most vacant properties are listed and have Realtors who care for them. It is a distressed market but the homes do sell. Our school system is very good. If you like I can send you listings. Just drop me a note and let me know what you would like to buy.
Have a great weekend.
Carol vonRabenstein.
Deltona Realty.
Carol@selljax.com
I'm also interested in the St Augustine area. Preferably in western St Johns county, or closer to the south end of JAX. thanks

Old 01-22-2011, 02:58 PM

154 posts, read 645,728 times
WGV area is nice, no matter where you look in and around Jax you are going to find foreclosures and short sales right now.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:35 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,984 times
I have lived in a rental here for the past six months whilst exploring the area as to where to purchase.
My conclusions for what they are worth.
First decide
1. if you want to be near the old city.
2. do you wnat to be near the I 95 to commute
3. want o be near beaches
I wanted all three and therefore have settled for Royal St Augustine where I currently rent.
WGV in my view has too high hoa fees but if you are a golfer it is ok ..much prefer Marsh Creek on Anastasia Island

Old 01-22-2012, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,376 times
Default St. Augustine possible?

Hi I am seriously thinking about relocating with my family to Florida and was looking online and this area really seems beautiful. However, I am NY born and I am used to living in the "burbs" but like the comfort of city life. I have 4 HS students, 1 college student, and 1 in elementary school, so schools are a major concern. I am looking for some FL insight about that area or a area similar. Thanks much

Old 01-22-2012, 05:57 PM

If you like the comfort of city life small St augustine may not be a good fit !

Old 01-23-2012, 12:20 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,337 times
People move to St. Augustine to escape the kind of big city "burb" life you feel comfortable with and enjoy. IMO, there is nowhere in Florida that is comparable to living on Long Island, NY. Try looking at Coral Springs, FL. It is a very nice "burb" to Miami. It is the best suggestion I have for you.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:47 AM

301 posts, read 1,062,355 times
Ive heard nothing but negative things about Heritage Landing, from bad construction, to vandalism/theft and everything in between. I have a few friends that live there and are so unhappy. Plus now that the values dropped, they cant sell and are considering to just walk away like many others in this situation. We almost bought in there and Im glad we didnt. Two of my friends have majorly poor construction that one cannot even have her child stay in his bedroom due to some leaky issues that the builders wouldnt do anything about.
Murabella and Sevilla is great. Plus those neighborhoods arent so far from the interstate like Heritage.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies76 View Post
Ive heard nothing but negative things about Heritage Landing, from bad construction, to vandalism/theft and everything in between. I have a few friends that live there and are so unhappy. Plus now that the values dropped, they cant sell and are considering to just walk away like many others in this situation. We almost bought in there and Im glad we didnt. Two of my friends have majorly poor construction that one cannot even have her child stay in his bedroom due to some leaky issues that the builders wouldnt do anything about.
Murabella and Sevilla is great. Plus those neighborhoods arent so far from the interstate like Heritage.
I agree 100%
Also look at Heritage park where I now live and absolutely enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: