Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 01:55 PM

10 posts, read 9,817 times

Advertisements

Yes, he will be working in the Jacksonville area. Unfortunately at this time, we don't know exactly where. They currently have a building there, but will be leasing a new one once they move people from here in Michigan. We have heard rumors that it might be downtown Jacksonville or possibly in World Golf Village. We are hoping to have more information on it in the next month or so.
We are just trying to make sure we are in a good school system but also need an affordable home. I know some of the HOA and CDD fees in a lot of St Johns and St. Augustine can be pretty hefty. Once you factor it into your house payment, with taxes and insurance, it gets pretty steep. Yes, we do look at St Johns homes as well. Our searches are usually the 32092 or 32259 zip codes because I have gathered that's where we need to be for the schools. We have 3 boys, all under the age of 4.
Are you currently living in Durbin Crossing then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 01:58 PM

Oh, and we are definitely looking to buy.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:01 PM

31 posts, read 62,615 times
We are in Durbin and really like it. 32092 and 32259 are great zip codes. 3 boys under 4? It must be like Wrestlemania at your house!! haha!

Old 05-27-2014, 02:03 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,161,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty72502 View Post
Is your husband working in Jacksonville? If so check out Durbin Crossing inSt. Johns! It is still in the county which has the number one school districtin the state of FL. Durbin is building a new school that is K-8 and it is onlyfor the neighborhood families. It will be amazing when it is finished in July. Fromwhat I hear they will be one of the top technology schools around. The teachersthat I know will be teaching there are incredible!http://www-poa.stjohns.k12.fl.us/ .Murabella is very nice and I do have a friend that built in there. Thatneighborhood uses Mill Creek Elementary which is not as good as Wards Creek,but it is still a good school. You can also look at [/SIZE][SIZE=3]http://www.greatschools.org/[/SIZE][SIZE=3] forratings of schools. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We left Heritage Landing after living there for only 10 months. We didn'tlike it. We loved everything about it when we moved there in late 2012, butsadly the warm and fuzzies left. It takes about 30+ minutes to get anywhere.Best Buy, the mall, Bj's, Costco, Sam’s Club or a Movie Theater. We like to becloser to everything because we are a busy family. There are so many foreclosuresin there that some areas look depressing. Don't get me wrong there are somebeautiful areas as well. There is a new neighborhood that abuts it calledAshley Oaks, and from what I hear from friends that still live in Heritage thatneighborhood is allowed to share the amenities with Heritage Landing for a smallfee. There are 2 pools which are nice but they can get packed very quickly!Heritage families attend Wards Creek which is an amazing school with greatteachers!! That was something we really liked about living there. Lastly Iwould also check out Julington Creek Plantation. It is a HUGE neighborhood andclose to everything. If you need assistance with a realtor let me know!Remember if you are renting you pay them nothing, the home owner pays them.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
So did you move to Durbin?

Old 05-27-2014, 02:07 PM

LOL! Yes, I think I am just going to pad all the walls at our next house and let them have their way with it! I will definitely check out Durbin Crossing. I greatly appreciate your input. I may message you again if I have any other questions.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:08 PM

No Problem J1c2r3!

Old 05-27-2014, 02:10 PM

Yes SaintCabbage.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:30 PM

37 posts, read 50,991 times
"Smitty,

How do you go from "We are! We like it a lot, but most of the streets after the rotary are tight and the houses are really close. That's our only complaint. The amenities are amazing. The school system is great also. Wards Creek Elementary is going for their Lighthouse award which will make them 1 in 28 schools in the WORLD! Are you considering moving here?"; to "Do your self a favor check out Murabella. Also stay away from Heritage Park. Nice development not a nice area. There are 89 sex offenders within 5 miles also a jail and the sheriffs office." in less than four hours?? I have no personal experience with the area to dispute your assessment, but it seems contradictory.

perryrip"

Folks, The paragraph above in quotations is attributed to me, but I never wrote it nor have I seen it until today. Looks like someone is either using my alias or the website mistakenly attributed someone else's comments to me. I've never been to St. Augustine so I would hardly be competent to describe it.

perryrip

Old 05-27-2014, 03:48 PM

I believe that was from 2 years ago.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:21 PM

37 posts, read 50,991 times
Still don't know how it got under my alias?

perryrip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville