Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:08 AM

740 posts, read 1,974,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I never said the MSM said he was crazy, I said he seems crazy *to me*. That's how he comes across in interviews and debates. :::shrug:::
Hey Elle. You seem almost undecided, so I feel that there is a little hope for you. Do you realize the National Defense Authorization Act just passed, and this basically allows anyone to be instantly arrested and sentenced/killed without trial? All they have to do is point a finger at you and call you a terrorist, if you happen to disagree with them in any way. It passed through Senate with flying colors 93-7, and now just needs a quick signature by the president. This is the beginning of our end as a free society.

Now we have Ron Paul, who has been sticking to his guns for the last 30 years. All of the other candidates can't stay focused for a month, let alone decades.

In my opinion, this is one of the most powerful videos showing just how wise, and almost psychic Ron Paul is. Please do the world a favor and watch it.

The Amazingly Accurate Predictions of Ron Paul - YouTube

Old 12-21-2011, 09:17 AM

51 posts, read 44,717 times
His predictions in 2002 (7:40 in the video clip) are stunning. But it's not so strange, if one understands the logic of politics and economics.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:59 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,302,778 times
I am not undecided. I most certainly have decided. I am not voting at all. period. That's my vote, to NOT vote.

And really? I said Ron Paul comes off as a little crazy to me. how does that make mke undecided and why you it be assumed I could be swayed to vote for a crazy person? LOL

Old 12-21-2011, 10:05 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,353,111 times
^ I haven't decided who I'm voting for yet, but I'd never label someone crazy unless I was ready to back that up with validation. Do you care to provide examples?

If he is only "crazy" because you're not used to hearing politicians not pander to conventional thinking, then yes, RP is crazy.

Now, let's take a step back and see how well the country sits right now having been run by all the non-crazy politicians and their ideas. Yeah.....how's that working for us?

Old 12-21-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
^ I haven't decided who I'm voting for yet, but I'd never label someone crazy unless I was ready to back that up with validation. Do you care to provide examples?

If he is only "crazy" because you're not used to hearing politicians not pander to conventional thinking, then yes, RP is crazy.

Now, let's take a step back and see how well the country sits right now having been run by all the non-crazy politicians and their ideas. Yeah.....how's that working for us?
He seems a bit off his rocker to me. I have no "proof" it's just the impression he gives me and JMO. :::shrug::: It's not what he is saying, it's how he is saying. It's his mannerisms and way of speaking.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:01 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,353,111 times
^...not making me feel any better. Related to my last post - a lot of our problems (and why we have so many of the wrong people in DC) is voters paying far to much attention to cosmetic characteristics of candidates, rather then what they say (or have done) or their records.

As sad as this sounds, I doubt one of our greatest presidents, Lincoln, would have be elected if he were running in today's environment given the superficial reasons people seem to use to gravitate towards (or away from) candidates.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
^...not making me feel any better. Related to my last post - a lot of our problems (and why we have so many of the wrong people in DC) is voters paying far to much attention to cosmetic characteristics of candidates, rather then what they say (or have done) or their records.

As sad as this sounds, I doubt one of our greatest presidents, Lincoln, would have be elected if he were running in today's environment given the superficial reasons people seem to use to gravitate towards (or away from) candidates.
Not trying to make you feel better, just giving my opinion. I wouldn't vote for Sarah Palin either, if she was running. She seems like a very nice human being but I think she also is a bit NUTS! it's not cosmetic, it's just a gut feeling. When I used to interview people at my job, I wouldn't hire certain people but they way they presented themselves no matter how qualified they were on paper. If they seemed unable to "fit" with the company I went with a prospective employee who would. It's kind of the same thing.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:35 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,757,941 times
Ron Paul is the only candidate that has publically spoken out against the New World Order. Even if he had every vote in America, he still wouldn't win. "Voting" isn't what it used to be now that we live in the technology age.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:05 PM

51 posts, read 44,717 times
In what way does Ron Paul give a bad impression, bad vibes?
If he does, he does. I'm just curious in what way. If it's possible to specify. Because to me he seems to be very reliable and honest. Humble and determined. Someone who's there with a message he himself believes in, not to put up a show. In the TV-debates he's definitely the guy who's different. Even a child who doesn't understand English would perceive that immediately, regardless of the stands in the issues.

It's funny how a person can come across very differently to different people!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceInOurTime View Post
In what way does Ron Paul give a bad impression, bad vibes?
If he does, he does. I'm just curious in what way. If it's possible to specify. Because to me he seems to be very reliable and honest. Humble and determined. Someone who's there with a message he himself believes in, not to put up a show. In the TV-debates he's definitely the guy who's different. Even a child who doesn't understand English would perceive that immediately, regardless of the stands in the issues.

It's funny how a person can come across very differently to different people!
Just an impression I get over all the years and through all the debates. JMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa