Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 04:32 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
To the OP: I think I missed something? Are you from the US or not?

At the risk of sounding well, rude, it annoys me when people from outside the US get involved in our Presidential or any other political races. While it's good for those outside the US to be interested, I don't think it is appropriate for them to try to push one candidate or another. Unless you LIVE in America, you don't truly know 100% what is happening here. The news will only show you so much, and often only shows the most "news worthy" stuff, which doesn't necessarily represent real life here.

JMO.
Sorry Elle, but Peace seems to undestand what is going on here in the US better than a large fraction of Americans. He probably gets his POV outside of our brainwashing media. It is a sad direction the US is and has been heading.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:56 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Sorry Elle, but Peace seems to undestand what is going on here in the US better than a large fraction of Americans. He probably gets his POV outside of our brainwashing media. It is a sad direction the US is and has been heading.
He only knows what the media is feeding him, too.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:45 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
He only knows what the media is feeding him, too.
Actually, based on what he has been saying, I disagree with you. He sure as heck hasn't been following the MSM(main stream media). If he has, he would be agreeing with you, rather than disagreeing.

Fox, CNN etc has all been paid off by politicians. Isnt it obvious watching the Presidential debates that the media is absolutely biased towards certain candidates? Ron Paul is the perfect example and is ignored as much as possible by the MSM. He is cut off and given a fraction of the time of other candidates to debate. It is sick.

Just out of curiousity, do you know anything about the latest bill they are working on passing, the NDAA, the National Defense Association Act? If not, please take the time to research this bill. It is absolutely unconstitutional and it will allow the average US citizen to be arrested, tried and sent to prison without a trial. All it takes is for someone to point a finger and call you a terrorist.

Mark my words, Ron Paul is our only hope. If things continue as they have, we will experience a financial collapse way beyond the Great Depression.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Actually, based on what he has been saying, I disagree with you. He sure as heck hasn't been following the MSM(main stream media). If he has, he would be agreeing with you, rather than disagreeing.

Fox, CNN etc has all been paid off by politicians. Isnt it obvious watching the Presidential debates that the media is absolutely biased towards certain candidates? Ron Paul is the perfect example and is ignored as much as possible by the MSM. He is cut off and given a fraction of the time of other candidates to debate. It is sick.

Just out of curiousity, do you know anything about the latest bill they are working on passing, the NDAA, the National Defense Association Act? If not, please take the time to research this bill. It is absolutely unconstitutional and it will allow the average US citizen to be arrested, tried and sent to prison without a trial. All it takes is for someone to point a finger and call you a terrorist.

Mark my words, Ron Paul is our only hope. If things continue as they have, we will experience a financial collapse way beyond the Great Depression.
I know nothing about any of the candidates this time around. I am avoiding it on purpose.

Ron Paul comes off as crazy. Sad but true. Not saying he is, but that is how he appears. And his supporters have almost a cult-like following. It's kind of bizarre. Again, not saying it's so, but that is how it looks. All he has done is taken votes away from other candidate that might have made it. What little I know about the guy, he's solid. He's not changed his mind and he believes in what he is saying. But the "average Joe" out there will never buy it.

All candidates say they will make BIG CHANGES when they are elected. Once in office they suddenly "realize" they can't do it all on day one. Each one is like the last. Promising be change but unable to deliver.

Our political system is a joke.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:47 AM

51 posts, read 44,649 times
You are right about politicians lying and voting being futile. But Ron Paul is an EXCEPTION! And he's got proofs for it. He's been in congress for 12 terms and he has NEVER voted against his principles. He has explained his principles in great detail in books about the economy and foreign policy and freedom. He's as consistent as math!

It is possible to learn the logics of economics, foreign policy and rule of law and then draw the conclusions onself. Ron Paul is making a huge effort to educate people about this. Through the internet he reaches the whole world. And the economic problems of the US are very similar to those of the EU. But we don't have the luxury of having an honest politician like Ron Paul over here. The cause of the problems is a few corrupt politicians and the ignorance of the masses. It's global and it's timeless.

Sure MSM says that Ron Paul is crazy! That works on everyone who is uninformed. Balanced budget. Stop printing money. Not starting new wars. Follow the constitution. THAT'S CRAZY!!! Debts never have to be paid back. Monies should be created out of thin air, trillions of'em. Poor countries far away should be invaded based on lies that they have WMDs. And judges should be arrested (said Gingrich the other day). That's normal, that'll bring prosperity and safety, for sure.

It's not true that "average Joe" will never buy it. Ron Paul leads the polls in Iowa right now. His message isn't all that complex. The establishment is totally dependent on people not caring. But in the poverty and oppression you are heading for very fast right now, you will look back and think about what you once had and how you lost it all...

Old 12-20-2011, 11:43 AM

51 posts, read 44,649 times
I see on Fox and other sites now that Iowa "doesn't matter" anymore. You used to get special attention because you were first out in the primaries. But that's history now. No one seems to care about your votes any more. You're only allowed to vote for what you'll have for dinner tonight.

How do you feel about that? Should the whole country be run only by a couple of big states like Texas and California? (Like the whole EU is run by Germany and France, by the way)

Old 12-20-2011, 12:14 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Ron Paul does not flip flop on his core beliefs. He predicted nearly every problem that the country has faced in advance as well as the big beef he has with the federal reserve.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:43 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceInOurTime View Post
I see on Fox and other sites now that Iowa "doesn't matter" anymore. You used to get special attention because you were first out in the primaries. But that's history now. No one seems to care about your votes any more. You're only allowed to vote for what you'll have for dinner tonight.

How do you feel about that? Should the whole country be run only by a couple of big states like Texas and California? (Like the whole EU is run by Germany and France, by the way)
Those are just taking-heads...I don't worry too much about what they say. The caucus hasn't even occurred yet.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Sure MSM says that Ron Paul is crazy! .
I never said the MSM said he was crazy, I said he seems crazy *to me*. That's how he comes across in interviews and debates. :::shrug:::

Old 12-20-2011, 04:29 PM

910 posts, read 1,675,971 times
Quote:
Well, people outside the US are annoyed that YOU get involved in OUR business by bribing regimes and putting your troops in hundreds of bases all over the world and keep starting new wars all the time! NEWSFLASH: The cold war is over. You won. Now go home and mind your own business! You're broke, you should mind that.
Many Americans still don't and never will get this.

I'll be in Iowa working for Ron Paul's campaign a week before the caucus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa