Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2010, 06:29 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
32.78 +3.58‎ (12.26%‎) Jun 10 4:01pm ET

34.60+1.82‎ (5.55%‎) Pre-Market

This probably has something to do with it:

BP Stock Nosedives: Brits Blame Obama

Cameron steps into fray to defend BP

The UK is defending BP's shareholders. It seems that BP is "too big to fail" in the UK's eyes. This will get interesting....

I read somewhere that 1/7th of UK's pension fund dividend income comes from BP.
England swings ! I wonder who's side the American people are on? How about an interview on the Gulf shore...BBC where are you ? No, its not time to cow down to the Brits, but it IS time to kick some butt.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
England swings ! I wonder who's side the American people are on? How about an interview on the Gulf shore...BBC where are you ? No, its not time to cow down to the Brits, but it IS time to kick some butt.!

If you want to do that, let's start with those pansies in D.C. who call themselves "statesmen". Ha! The American public should put a "boot on their neck" for ruining the economy - who's cowing down now?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
If you want to do that, let's start with those pansies in D.C. who call themselves "statesmen". Ha! The American public should put a "boot on their neck" for ruining the economy - who's cowing down now?
Thats my point. I don't think the Pepole will sit around again and take it anymore. bailouts are a dirty word. If the Tea party folks want to do some real good for their country, they will get behind the grass roots movement for real reform, and put the seven league boot on Big run a way business.
I don't think BP was ready for whats coming, nether was the Government. Too big to fail is what BP is counting on. Short selling the severity of the Spill will bite both of them where the sun don't shine......If now is not a good time to start a real effort to get off oil, then when is ?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:35 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
The only thing the Brits care about right now is the world cup LMAO. I bet they don't give a fig about the BP oil spill to be honest

Old 06-11-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
The only thing the Brits care about right now is the world cup LMAO. I bet they don't give a fig about the BP oil spill to be honest
Not so. BP is Big Mother to a lot of the Brits. pensioners relay on those dividends.....They will sober up in a few days.....no oil on their beaches ether, now where is my nourishment !... Those Damn Yanks, who do they think they are anayway?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:20 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Quote:
I don't think they care about the spill...its not on their coastline yet.

But they do care tremendously about BPs falling stock price and threats of dividend suspension. Thought I read where 1/7th of dividend payments go to Brit pensioners.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:33 PM

144 posts, read 390,996 times
Only thing British about BP is the name.

They employ more people in the US than they do in the UK. Plus 40% of their dividend income goes to American pension funds. Waay to much emotion in this forum for objective decision making.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:18 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereto? View Post
Only thing British about BP is the name.

They employ more people in the US than they do in the UK. Plus 40% of their dividend income goes to American pension funds. Waay to much emotion in this forum for objective decision making.
You're right about the emotion part. Investing is all about profit and loss. The rest take a backseat.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
You're right about the emotion part. Investing is all about profit and loss. The rest take a backseat.
I must disagree...investing in America's future, its enviorement, is more important than some lousy stikin profits. A very short sided outlook, one of the reasons we are in such a mess..... Taking the greed out of investing can be a good thing. Its time to rase our emotions, its time to revolt, the people are mad a hell and have had enough !

Old 06-13-2010, 04:37 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I must disagree...investing in America's future, its enviorement, is more important than some lousy stikin profits. A very short sided outlook, one of the reasons we are in such a mess..... Taking the greed out of investing can be a good thing. Its time to rase our emotions, its time to revolt, the people are mad a hell and have had enough !
I wish you luck on that.

Im in OCT 25 BP puts again, betting the last 2 days was a head fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing