Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 04:41 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,794,086 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know a quick way to share pics on Dropbox on a Facebook page? I volunteer for an animal shelter and people upload pics of fundraising events on Dropbox. I run their Facebook page and need to share them in an album on FB but can't figure out if there's a way to do it right from Dropbox. In the past I've had to save each one to my desktop and then upload, its a pain and time consuming. Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 05:42 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,167,279 times
I'm not a facebookie, but if you can give fb a link to an image, you can do it. Copy the file into your "Public" folder within the dropbox, then right click on it and you'll find "Copy public link" within the context menu there. Click on that and it will place a public link to that image on your clipboard. Just switch over to fb and paste the link wherever it should go.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:48 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
I think you can just go to dropbox.com, click the image, click share (or the chain link icon down on the bottom right), and click the facebook icon.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 AM

Thanks to you both but not working.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:30 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Thanks to you both but not working.
Could you be more specific? What happens when you try it?

Old 06-23-2013, 02:56 PM

Yes. Facebook is not an option to share to when I click the chain link.
I can't add as links to pics because I need it as an album. Pics are from a special event and I need them all in one album, not just posted on the wall. If there were only a few, no big deal but there are a lot of them. The only way I've figured out how to do it is to click on each pic, save to desktop and then upload in an album. Very time consuming but maybe the only way.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:21 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,752,079 times
Why not just create a free photobucket.com or imageshack.com account, make an album for this, then link to there?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:00 AM

16,581 posts, read 19,785,065 times
YOU have to link FB and DropBox.

Go to DropBox.com. Login.
Click the DOWN arrow by your name. Settings.
Go TO ACCOUNT SETTINGS, and on the upper right you will see CONNECT WITH FACEBOOK.
Then you can share directly...

Old 06-26-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
YOU have to link FB and DropBox.

Go to DropBox.com. Login.
Click the DOWN arrow by your name. Settings.
Go TO ACCOUNT SETTINGS, and on the upper right you will see CONNECT WITH FACEBOOK.
Then you can share directly...
Thank you, this helped a lot. Only problem is, it won't allow me to share to the "like" page on Facebook. It's saying I have to switch to the "friend" page. I don't know how to else to explain it but I give up and will just save pics each on desktop and upload. One of the other volunteers insists on using Dropbox even though I do their Facebook page and the only one that uses the pictures. Unfortunately they are the ones that take the pictures.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:33 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,467,734 times
Similar question: I opened a Dropbox account today and tried to share a picture on this forum, using the "Insert Image" button, so the image would appear in the message body. This resulted in "broken link" icon in the message. I was able to create a link to the message (using the "Insert Link" button,) which worked. I am thinking that the problem may be caused by the fact that the link to the picture uses SSL ("https://"). Anyone know of a way to work around this?

The post I referred to is this one.

Here is the picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet