Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2008, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,751 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am a Army soldier ready to leave the military and will be working at DFAS(Defense Finance and accountiong service). I am planing on purchase a house and finish my degree . What would be the area I should be looking on? I am also married with a daughter. Concerning school what is the cheapest college or university?quiet AREA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 12:58 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,482,498 times
Well, DFAS is at 56th just outside of I465 on the upper east side. If you are looking into degrees, IUPUI, Butler, Univ. of Indianapolis are the three that come to mind. Depends on the degree you are trying to get. IUPUI (state)is downtown, Butler (private) is a little north of downtown on 6th, Univ. of I(interesting adult degrees) is a little south of downtown Indianapolis.

Areas to recommend depends on your daughter. What kind of school will she need? You are in a good quadrant for choosing good schools and reasonably priced homes) for her but will have a little drive to classes (but at least this is limited in duration). There are lots and lots of all kinds of subdivisons up there and north. Booming area for increasing population.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,707 times
This is the perfect place! Indy is very kid-friendly and there is a lot to do.

[url=http://indyhotspots.blogspot.com/]Indianapolis Hot Spots[/url]

Old 05-09-2008, 07:36 AM

6 posts, read 22,259 times
Since you will be new to the area, you may want to check out Housing Solutions with CORT: Temporary Housing - Permanent Relocation
They have a free service to assist you with locating temporary housing and also refer you to a mortgage co. and a buyer's realtor to assist you with your permanent housing needs.
Their local email address for you to provide your contact info. is:
kspirr@relocationcentral.com

Old 05-01-2009, 11:20 AM

18 posts, read 54,425 times
can you please provide me info. on the safest places in indy,for a single mother hat has an Esl Teacher degree..jejeje i will be trully thankfull

Old 06-25-2009, 11:03 PM

23 posts, read 71,827 times
You will be working in a great area. My favorite. There is some good housing and that is in the Lawrence Township schools which are good. If you live close to work you will be fine. However stay away from anything south of 56th street. My best suggestion however is to move to fishers or noblesville area, just down the road and in Hamilton county and have much better schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis