Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 07:29 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
I was thinking someone could be paid to pick up the road apples in Orange County.

By "modern stoplights," do you mean the kind that tells you how long you have until the light turns red?
Modern stoplight housings, black plated with reflective yellow border- also dedicated left turn light green arrows instead of the antiquated combo cycle of green left turn arrow and yield on green for one light cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 02:25 AM

94 posts, read 130,157 times
Thank you to everyone who has given feedback... thank you to Jgatti who gave some positive information. Thats hard to come by on this site. Most people say "dont move here, you will hate it", no matter what state you are trying to move to. Ive used this site for years, as Ive moved to TX and WA and visited OR, UT, AZ, OK. But no matter what, most people are negative about you coming. So I take it with a grain of salt. Thank you to who posted the photo... I thought the "beach" looked nice. Someone mentioned the "ugly" nuclear tower in CA but we Cali people call that the "tittys" if you were talking about the two big round white domes by the beach. Always see that on my way to san diego but never thought it was ugly. Also I prefer the colder beach temps. To me thats not a negative. I hate being hot and when its 50 outside Im like awwwww feels great. I dont swim at the beach but I do walk/hike and sometimes lay out and read or just put my feet in. So cold water or overcast days dont bother me about CA. I think if I do move to IN I will come to Carmel despite everyone saying I wont fit in or make friends or find a job. Its the closest thing to Orange County, beach aside. And Im sure when I start volunteering Im bound to make some friends, tattoos and all. If some people treat me bad based on my tattoos, those are not the type of friends I would want anyway and its their loss. Im an amazing person I think Im bound to find a job but I cant predict how long it would take so I will probably wait until I have more savings built up to relocate. I was at the bank the other day here in CA. The guy teller had a tattoo on his hand and the girl teller had pink hair. I just love this about California. I hope more of the world becomes less closed minded. Good customer service is so much more important than tattoos or haircolor. Some great employees would be overlooked if every place was so snobby. Yes Im a very good driver and yes bad drivers make me crazy. Here in CA its pretty bad because we have a lot of people so a lot of traffic. I dont think its a matter of anyone trying to be a bad driver... but I think there is just a lot of really stupid people. When I get a good look at the people who just almost caused a horrific accident they dont seem like angry careless *******s, but too stupid to even notice they almost just died and caused a pileup. When I say Im a good driver I mean Ive had 1 ticket in my whole life and Ive never been in an at fault accident. Ive had 2 idiots hit me before. But I think bad drivers are everywhere. In WA the speed limit is half what it is in CA and that drove me crazy. For a place that always rains no one could drive in the rain. And in TX Ive never seen drivers so rude. There was no respect. People would honk and yell and cut you off. Unless your moving to the middle of nowhere, you just have to deal with ****ty drivers.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:44 PM

918 posts, read 1,696,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellysocal View Post
In WA the speed limit is half what it is in CA and that drove me crazy.
Hmm, no it isn't.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:12 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,385,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
Hmm, no it isn't.
she doesn't necessarily mean highway speed limits. Nevertheless, if you ask locals about their area's driving habits they would typically all say they got the worst drivers. I hear that about NYC, FL, CA, Vegas, Boston Houston etc

Old 01-09-2017, 04:45 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times
One thing I noticed when I spent last week in Indianapolis is that drivers in Indy drive slower than SoCal drivers. I'm not saying this in a positive or negative fashion, just an observation. Actually it was quite nice to be able to merge onto the interstate and not feel like I have to drive like a homicidal maniac to fight my way onto the interstate. Getting onto the 5 can feel like bar room brawl at times.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:21 PM

918 posts, read 1,696,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
she doesn't necessarily mean highway speed limits. Nevertheless, if you ask locals about their area's driving habits they would typically all say they got the worst drivers. I hear that about NYC, FL, CA, Vegas, Boston Houston etc
Ain't that the truth ? The worst drivers are always whereever you happen to be living, lol !

Highway or non-highway, I can assure the OP that speed limits in WA aren't half those of Cali..I've driven plenty in both.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:30 PM

3,068 posts, read 2,396,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Somebody must have been paid off. That's just down right inconsiderate to all the other taxpayers. If i lived in that County I'd be outraged.The highway is paid for by all the taxpayers in that county. Whoever the govt official or officials that are cool with piles of horse manure all along the highway, then they have no reason to complain when the neighbors dogs leaves piles of dog manure in their yards.
Somebody needs to clean up that county!

Old 02-11-2017, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 711 times
Default Carmel

I live in the Arts District in Carmel and it is fairly nice. As mentioned earlier this is a conservative place but I have seen women with uncovered tattoos albeit a small sampling. It is not California and it is very affordable as compared to any place on east or west coasts. Also, 32 y/o single person not a lot to do...I would suggest downtown Indy...

Old 02-11-2017, 11:26 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,657,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
One thing I noticed when I spent last week in Indianapolis is that drivers in Indy drive slower than SoCal drivers. I'm not saying this in a positive or negative fashion, just an observation. Actually it was quite nice to be able to merge onto the interstate and not feel like I have to drive like a homicidal maniac to fight my way onto the interstate. Getting onto the 5 can feel like bar room brawl at times.
I feel you, man. I'm on the other side of cali and it's hard to merge on the freeway, sometimes, esp if some idiot ahead of you is merging with traffic going 35mph.

I visited Indy and I like it. I may decide to retire there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis