Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 04:50 PM

600 posts, read 825,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Broad Ripple has a lot more competition these days. They used to be the only show in town for night life. That's not the case anymore. The fact that BR has thinned a bit speaks more to the efforts of other areas of Indianapolis to offer more.

There are lots of clubs downtown that I went to, and also a Broad Ripple. There is also a new place that I never went to called "Saddle Up" in Castleton, not sure if it is still there. Those are the main areas outside scattered bars throughout the city. There was a placed called "The Spot" in Castleton which was there when I moved, but since folded. There was also a placed called Gelo Ultra Lounge that I never went to that was owned by the ponzi scheme guy from Indy that also collapsed.

What competition are you referring to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 05:59 PM

50 posts, read 63,525 times
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families.

hmm i guess that makes you a troll to disturbing forums

nice try to anger or fight with me

thanks so much hugs and kisses and a big smooch

Old 07-10-2014, 06:15 PM

I never said it was not a thoughtful haiku. It was elegently well-spaced, mildly ambigious, and thoughtfully broken.

In fact, I don't think anyone said that.

Regards,

-MaxLMG

Old 07-10-2014, 06:35 PM

8,982 posts, read 17,305,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
There are lots of clubs downtown that I went to, and also a Broad Ripple. There is also a new place that I never went to called "Saddle Up" in Castleton, not sure if it is still there. Those are the main areas outside scattered bars throughout the city. There was a placed called "The Spot" in Castleton which was there when I moved, but since folded. There was also a placed called Gelo Ultra Lounge that I never went to that was owned by the ponzi scheme guy from Indy that also collapsed.

What competition are you referring to ?
"South Broad Ripple"
Fountain Square
Mass Ave, which has taken off more and aside from the stuff in the core of downtown
16th Street between Old Northside and Herron Morton is starting to take off

There are also more hangouts on the near east side, though nothing as comprehensive and concentrated as the other areas.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:39 PM

What's considered south broad ripple ?

Didn't get a chance to do Mass Ave as much as I wanted to. Never made it out and the winter was harsh this past year. Never did Fountain Square either, just went during the day, but never in the evening.

Never checked out 16th either.

I'll keep these in mind if I go back and visit friends in the future.

ironically, I have never been inside lucas oil stadium, despite starting work in 2007 for Indianapolis when the old RCA dome was still present. Was meaning to go and never did.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
What's considered south broad ripple ?
Generally speaking, it is centered around that area along and east of College Ave between 54th and 46th Streets. Some folks probably think of it as an extension of Broad Ripple, kind of like the people who think of Fountain Square as an extension of downtown.

I generally prefer Fountain Square and South Broad Ripple on Saturday nights over Broad Ripple; but I don't know if that means I am old now or what.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:36 AM

53 posts, read 134,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Generally speaking, [South Broad Ripple] is centered around that area along and east of College Ave between 54th and 46th Streets. Some folks probably think of it as an extension of Broad Ripple, kind of like the people who think of Fountain Square as an extension of downtown.

I generally prefer Fountain Square and South Broad Ripple on Saturday nights over Broad Ripple; but I don't know if that means I am old now or what.
Ugh..."SoBro". So douchey. SoBro is not = SoHo. Besides, that neighborhood already has a name, it's Meridian-Kessler.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogles View Post
Ugh..."SoBro". So douchey. SoBro is not = SoHo. Besides, that neighborhood already has a name, it's Meridian-Kessler.
SoBro (a term I never use) extends further east than MK does. It goes into Bacon Swamp. The "South Broad Ripple" moniker is more of a home grown thing of late, and is pretty common to see in cities. The Highlands in Louisville, many sub-neighborhoods within The Highlands. Lake View in Chicago is home to Boystown and Wrigleyville. Locally, no one uses the term Wholesale District, and no one uses the term Cole-Noble, but that has not stopped the city from using names within other names.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:36 AM

797 posts, read 2,339,690 times
I noticed Indy got some pretty negative publicity on this subject last night. The CBS national news had a short piece on officer Renn being killed, but mainly focused on pointing out the number of homicides and that heroin and other drug problems are getting worse. They painted the stereotypical picture of the east side and had Indy police telling them that in the last five years it's gotten to the point where a much larger percent of arrests involve people with weapons. There are some good things happening in Indy as well. It was a little sad to see this story on such a prominent media outlet. It definitely isn't going to be good for Indy's inner city improvement if the national perception becomes that it isn't safe to live there.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:21 AM

918 posts, read 1,698,909 times
So the latest thing on Indystar is Broad Ripple has been closed to weekend traffic.

City to close Broad Ripple Avenue to late-night traffic

It's not a bad idea, just not sure what it has to do with two pedestrians having a gun fight after bumping into one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis