Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:48 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,153,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I've been doing that with beer for decades ... wow, I thought that tilting one's glass was common knowlege, non?
I have always poured on an angle too in order to avoid a large head of foam.

The French likely did that study to promote their champagnes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 05:29 PM

369 posts, read 681,805 times
Quote:
Chill Rave ... it was a typo. Brizzi has blood on his hands on this one. He's not running for re-election this go round is he?
No he is not running. This last term sealed his pension for him, so he is done. His second in command ran for Hamilton Co. prosecutor, but lost. The thinking was that if that guy one, Brizzi would be second in command in Hamilton County, because after a few black eyes in the past year, I guess none of the major law firms wanted to hire him. That is all political gossip, who knows the truth, but if he was running, his campaign would be DOA, just like Ballards.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:33 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,153,738 times
Carl and Tim Durham could have some deals cooking out in L.A.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:18 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravekid View Post
..... just like Ballards.
I don't know about that one. I think Greg just might get re-elected.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
I don't know Ravekid, the thing I'm sick about right now is police officers killing people driving drunk, only to have the test thrown out and get away with murder.

But if you want to continue in your world of statistics, by all means, have at it.
And the hits keep coming for IMPD: IMPD officer suspected of hit-run cover-up | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Old 08-24-2010, 04:23 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
The folks up in Carmel are probably going "whew" about now!

Old 08-28-2010, 08:54 AM

369 posts, read 681,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I don't know about that one. I think Greg just might get re-elected.
Greg is toast. He was elected because folks were fed up with "for the people" Democrats engaging in questionable activities (Monroe Gray), pushing for higher and higher taxation with no end in sight, and a crime problem they saw as out-of-control (not lots of young dead black males, but property crimes and vagrancy). The Republican party in Marion County isn't as far right as the state party. You are more likely to find Republican's in Marion County who support abortion and are open to the idea of big government.

Greg got elected because folks were upset with how the Democrats were running their kingdom, basically using government to make themselves personally wealthy. A lot of pro-individual liberty, pro-small government types helped Ballard win, and the vast majority of those folks are now sickened by Ballard. He owed no one anything, and should have ran the city in a frugal manner, cutting the excess fat out of all the department. I think the job was bigger than he thought, because he quickly surrounded himself with hacks who only care about making themselves and their buddies money and keeping the status quo alive and kicking.

I just spoke with relatives who live in Marion County and vote, and this police stuff has pretty much turned them off on Ballard. Melina Kennedy will likely be the next mayor of Indianapolis.

Quote:
The folks up in Carmel are probably going "whew" about now!
I didn't even think about that. The screwed up police issues are really feeding the media:

-Guy gets into argument with girlfriend, shoots hole in police car.

-Bisard is believed to be working while drunk, killing a person in a crash.

-SWAT officer drives drunk and crashes car, then tries to hid it.

-State police see IMPD officers speeding in construction zone and make complaints about it

-State police officer confronts IMPD supervisor and the meeting is on digital recording. A scuffle broke out and there are allegations a gun was pulled.

-Now there are rumors on another forum that an off-duty officer from an agency in the metro are did something at a bar.

-On the same forum, it was written that some trooper was running plates (not stopping the cars, just running the plates for the owner info) and using the info to write these new electronic tickets. Something about he thought that if he didn't turn in the paper copy, the ticket would be dropped, but he would still get credit for writing tickets. Guess what, they weren't dropped. A lot of people got notices that their licenses were suspended for failure to pay tickets they didn't even know existed!!

-The Hancock Co. Sheriff gets arrested and charges with misappropriation of funds crimes.

-A State Trooper is being investigated for similar crimes to that of the Hancock Co. Sheriff.

-A Lawrence cop gets in trouble for standing on his motorcycle while it is in motion.

Carmel basketball incident? What are you talking about? Hey, did you hear about all the bad cops in trouble?

Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 AM

23 posts, read 66,800 times
I was a Teacher for Warren Twp in Indianapolis for over 20 years. What was once a great school system turned to total crap in the 1980's. What had happened was the desegregation of the township schools from inter-city schools by Judge Dillon. This brought in an enormous amount of minorities from the inner city schools to Warren Twp. Immediaely problems emerged. Students fighting, profanity & total disrespect for other students & staff was the norm. Within the first 6 months the Townships reputation for having an excellent record for good, decent, & God fearing students went right out the window. After the first year most of the Teachers got the hell out to teach outside of Marion County just like I did. I felt like a Juvenile Detention Guard & not like a Teacher. After leaving Indianapolis to teach else where, my quality of life went through the roof & teaching school was a pleasure again. Teaching students again for me was normal again. The ideal that "Kids will be Kids" is a total cop-out. Through the years when I taught in Warren Twp, I had my share of poor underpriviledged students that did just fine before the Bussing of schools came about. Which goes to show you that money or being poor had nothing to do with being courteous and ready for instruction when the teacher speaks. Being poor and fatherless has nothing to do with going to school to learn math, english & reading. Diversity is a made up word to kiss another groups ass. It urks me when I here that whites are priviledged when in all reality most of the white kids I taught had parents that were waitresses, truck drivers and or average laborers. There is nothing priveledged about these jobs. My mother never bought me A pair of $200 sneakers nor did I ever buy my children such shoes even though I make good money. To me its right up there with piercings & tatoos. What is it for and what does it accomplish?? Nothing!

Last edited by pp8616; 03-08-2012 at 01:27 AM..

Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 AM

Just like the GREAT Dr Martin Luther King said, "Judge ye not a man by his color but judge him by his character". It is character that people are judged by & not color like the minorities would like to think. The best minorty students that Ive had the pleasure to teach were the Mexicans & Hispanics. Some legal & some not but none the less they wanted to learn. Let it not be said that I am racist because I am not. Simpler said than not, in life there are two kinds of people, the haves & the have nots. Teach your kids right from wrong before they come to school. It is not the Teachers job to raise your kids, that is the mother or fathers job to do. We can always use more ditch diggers & hamburger flippers as well as more dish-washers. Teenage pregnancy among black minorities is (77%) per the NAACP & inexcusable since condoms have been around since the 1930's along with sex education prevention that is already taught in school and has been for many decades now. Folks this isnt complicated. It only takes common sence. For those out there that want to say that I was a priviledged white are so wrong. After I was born, my father was killed in a mining accident. I was raised by my mother with no help from anyone. I was once a high school drop-out. I joined the Army and became a cook & held the rank of private. That was hardest & the worst 4 years in my life because I hated it. After leaving the Army I went to college & earned my High School diploma thanks to the GI bill. After that I continued my college education & recieved my Teaching degree. I later joined the Indiana Army National Guard and became an officer with the rank of Captain. To think that I was just a cook and a private straight to being an officer 8 years later. Color had nothing to do with it nor did the lack of money or being fatherless. Just like President Obama once said "Stop blameing others for your problems, stop your cryin & pull up your pants"! You do not have to be what you see!

Last edited by pp8616; 03-08-2012 at 01:47 AM..

Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 AM

Did you know that in 1860 before the Civil War the US population was about 25 million people? Did you also know that the current population in the US is now over 350 million people? Did you also know that most people in the US did not immigrate to the US until Ellis Island opened in 1894 just 30 yrs after the civil war? My point is this. Most of the immigrants in the US that came through Ellis Island were german, irish, italion & many others. So why are most whites blamed for slavery & racism? My forfathers were poor dirt farmers like everybody elses. My forefathers had nothing to do with the civil war simply because they were not here yet nor did they have anything to do with making laws for or against slavery. Most minorities will say it doesnt matter anyway because whites are of european decent there fore ALL whites are guilty whether they were born of the time period or not. Did you also know that it was the Northern Union troops that freed the blacks yet the blacks will say that the Northern US states are the most racist? Dont belive me, research it for your self. If whites are so racist then why do whites save $ thousands of dollars up all year long to go on vacation to the Bahamas, Jamaca or the Carribean Islands where the people of that country are black? Stop blameing the white man for all your problems when the people who comitted all those unjust and shameful acts are all now dead & gone. All other immigrants comeing to this country are succeding by leaps & bounds, especialy the Hispanics. What is the black mans problem? People and Employers over-all do not care what a persons color is so long as they can show up on time, work hard & make the company money. Money talks and B.S. walks. Pay attention to your history teachers in school.

Last edited by pp8616; 03-08-2012 at 03:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana