Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 6,797 times

Advertisements

One of my daughters just purchased a home West of Columbus, and I am considering a move to be near her. Does anyone have knowledge of a gated community of rental mobile homes, or a fenced individual rental property. I am retired and on a limited income so not looking for top of the line property, but not run down either. Any one have info? Thanks GG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 05:15 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
I'm not sure you'll find any gated mobile home parks in Columbus. You may need to come to town or have your daughter scout out possibilities for you.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:34 AM

2 posts, read 6,797 times
Thank you for responding.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:20 AM

4 posts, read 10,808 times
Default response about the gated mobile home parks

Hello. I have lived in Fl and I know that the gated mobile home parks are popular and abundant there. But unfortunately, we do not have those here. We really don't have a need for them as it is pretty much safe here. I'm not even aware of any gated communities in Columbus...even in the more expensive homes that are over $500-600k. The "nicest" mobile home park would be in the new part of Candlelight. I don't know what your price range is but I do know some of the mobile homes in FL can run over $100k. If you have over $80k to spend, I would recommend you buying a smaller home. There are alot of smaller homes in the Donner Park area that are very safe and a lot of single older people live in the area and walk around the park by theirselves for exercise. There are alot of places to buy an affordable small house in Columbus. I would just stay away from East Columbus, which is considered off of State St. In the Fodrea Elem. area. Alot of it is rundown. Another nice area is in between Hawcreek and Central (east and west streets) and 25th st. and 16th st. on the north and south streets. There are only about four or five north and south running streets in the area, but it is cute and nice there and is close to Lincoln Park if you'll have grandkids playing baseball or something.
Hoped that helped...I know your daughter lives here and you want to be close and I'm not sure how long you have lived in FL so I hope you can stand the changes!!! A lot of snow, no beach and not a whole lot to do compared to FL!!! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
View detailed profiles of: