Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 12:02 AM

468 posts, read 465,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Interstate highways get federal funds. Have you been on the state roads like Route 41 between 'the region' and Terre Haute? You can see what lack of infrastructure does.

Have you seen that fascist monument smack in the middle of Indy? Backwards!

Fascist monument? That's a real interesting comment. I've never heard the Soldiers and Sailors monument described that way before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 09:08 AM

89 posts, read 113,429 times
Quote:
Interstate highways get federal funds. Have you been on the state roads like Route 41 between 'the region' and Terre Haute? You can see what lack of infrastructure does.

Have you seen that fascist monument smack in the middle of Indy? Backwards!

Yes been to Terre Haute my daughter just graduated from college there.

Don't think you know what bad roads truly are. That's what happens when your spoiled. You don't ever know what bad is.

Old 10-17-2019, 05:14 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahp45 View Post
Yes been to Terre Haute my daughter just graduated from college there.

Don't think you know what bad roads truly are. That's what happens when your spoiled. You don't ever know what bad is.
Yes I've been to Terre Haute and experienced the railroad crossings there. Why so few overpasses? Lack of infrastructure. That city is backwards.

Old 10-17-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
Fascist monument? That's a real interesting comment. I've never heard the Soldiers and Sailors monument described that way before.
Okay, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to service people. What about 'gaudy and overdone'? Does that sound accurate?

They call it "The world's Largest Christmas Tree"

"Every Christmas season the monument is decorated as an enormous Christmas tree. This city tradition is known as the Circle of Lights. The actual tree lighting ceremony is held the day after Thanksgiving. The decoration of the monument uses 4,784 lights and 52 strands of garland to create the 242 foot display." Poor taste!!!

Old 10-18-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Yes I've been to Terre Haute and experienced the railroad crossings there. Why so few overpasses? Lack of infrastructure. That city is backwards.

" That city is BROKE"

I FIXED IT FOR YOU

Old 10-18-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Okay, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to service people. What about 'gaudy and overdone'? Does that sound accurate?

They call it "The world's Largest Christmas Tree"

"Every Christmas season the monument is decorated as an enormous Christmas tree. This city tradition is known as the Circle of Lights. The actual tree lighting ceremony is held the day after Thanksgiving. The decoration of the monument uses 4,784 lights and 52 strands of garland to create the 242 foot display." Poor taste!!!

The people obviously like it, who are you to say something is poor taste?

I think its cool , it brings a community together.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahp45 View Post
The people obviously like it, who are you to say something is poor taste?

I think its cool , it brings a community together.
If you have a monument to veterans then fine. Why add to (subtract from) it by draping it for a holiday? I think such is in poor taste. Didn't they have any Jewish veterans from IN?

Old 10-18-2019, 08:07 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
2.) Indiana is a red state
Except for the Indianapolis area which is a heavily progressive area.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:55 PM

435 posts, read 430,388 times
Indiana is the only state where I have consistently heard that toxic dust from the mills is like money sent from heaven. That's a special kind of brainwashing right there.

Old 10-19-2019, 01:31 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Except for the Indianapolis area which is a heavily progressive area.
Maybe for Indiana standards, but not overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana