Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:21 AM

13 posts, read 65,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordsucksbigtime View Post
just stay away from the west side period cept for churchills grove right before the river and cumberland st area..... mid-far west shootings and where all the crimes really go on... short-mid west fine... east side mostly good... south side hillbillys and rednecks... north side good area cept for when you get into loves park and machesney park thats where all the geysers are

In Loves Park and Machesney? Would you mean geezers? Where the hell have you been---if it were all geezers, they wouldn't be thinking of building a second high school, they'd be building a second retirement home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 AM

As far as the job market in Rockford, if she is a nurse or a lawyer, paralegal, or simply wants to work for a low pay non profit wiping people's noses or holding people's hands as a social worker, she will have a job.
Other than that, not much else to do that is good paying and stable.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:34 PM

74 posts, read 291,366 times
I grew up in Rockford. It was a long time ago...We were able to leave our doors unlocked at night. Communities worked together. Even local police that patroled the neighborhoods were friends with the kids and gave us pups and police dogs. Rockford could easily rank among the top places in the U.S to live if it had the right leadership.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:10 AM

13 posts, read 54,948 times
Sandbox, I grew up in Rockford and visit family there several times a year. I have always loved the following areas, which you might as well. One is just south of Sinnissippi Park, bounded by Parkview, Guilford and Rural. The streets in there - Paris, Rome, Princeton, etc. - are gorgeous and very established.
The other is Brown Hills, which is close to there, on the opposite side of the cemetery. This neighborhood is north of Greenmount and west of N Prospect. Charming and you can even walk to the river path and gardens. Good luck.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:33 PM

314 posts, read 1,217,672 times
I'm going to be in Rockford, IL, for about a week. Is there a greenbelt or fun park to jog around? I prefer paved trails over dirt paths but, naturally, I'll use whatever's available. Anyone know of some good places to jog in Rockford?

Old 07-18-2009, 04:14 PM

90 posts, read 352,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarndyce View Post
I'm going to be in Rockford, IL, for about a week. Is there a greenbelt or fun park to jog around? I prefer paved trails over dirt paths but, naturally, I'll use whatever's available. Anyone know of some good places to jog in Rockford?

Rock Cut State Park is a beautiful place to run! They have everything. Paved, dirt, gravel, hills, whatever difficulty you want. If you like to run, I highly recommend it.

Perryville Path is a paved path right along the road.

Here's a list of several places but again, go to Rock Cut.

Have fun

Old 07-27-2009, 09:57 AM

Default jogging

As I have stated before, the parks system is one of the few things Rockford has going for it.

If jogging during the day--(I don't advise it at night for a non Rockford native) Start at the YMCA at Y blvd and 251 (aka N Second st) and head North. This will take you for miles and miles along the river and through other parks, conservation areas, and neighborhoods. It is a paved path, with a few city streets which are less traveled and not a problem. It is also heavily traveled by other joggers, bikers---relatively safe.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 AM

27 posts, read 75,710 times
Default Nothing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Rockford seemed kind of ghetto.
In certain parts not in all parts. I don't know what you mean by ghetto but to me it's just dead with nothing to do and no jobs. I was born and raised in Rockford and I know live in Arkansas. As a small kid I loved Rockford. As I progressed into a teenager I couldn't wait to get out of that hell hole. I went to college in Springfield, then moved to STL, then move my way down to Arkansas. Rockford isn't a town for a young professional or to raise kids. I think Rockford is a great town for retiring couples. Hope this helps!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 6,211 times
Rockford is the only city I know with unsolved murders and the people how did the murders are sitting right under their noses. Like the lady they found in the water by davis park. The guy who murder her is still walking the streets he must be a paid snitch or an informent.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:42 PM

5 posts, read 28,118 times
Default Rockford Illinois is it good or bad

It depends where you live in Rockford Illinois. Also do you like the gangs hope you do. cause they are here. I lived in Minnepolis Mn. as a child growing up. beautiful place. moved to Illinois in the 1980s it has really got built up. But Rockford is the worst. talk about street gangs, prositutes. thugs. they are everywhere. hope you can get a dog. big dog cause everyone has one. sure the taxes are cheaper but you would like to live north or out of town. I am trying to go to college to get the hell out of here. but I am in my 40s. I pray I do not die here. There are dcfs cases in the poorer neighborhoods. they will call them on you. The trailor court by the Rockford Airport is a pit. the people are so unhappy they call the police on each other. The west side has some good people but there are gangs and drug dealers everywhere. try to live north. look at the police reports of the neighborhood you buy in. talk to your neighborhood before you buy the house. A lot of projects got shut down in Chicago. Cabrini Green, Robert Taylor housing projects. Some of those thugs moved to Rockford. I know because it was in the papers. I worked at the school district in Rockford in the cafeteria. One of the employee told me she was from the projects in Chicago. They transfered here to Rockford. She was from Cabrini Green projects. she was a cleaning lady. Her daughter was sent away to a state prison. So some of those project people are in Rockford. Their children are often in gangs. so read the papers, Rockford has the highest crime rate in the state of Illinois. don't listen to the mayor of Rockford or the police department reporting Rockford is a good place. Read the paper or the state crime report. This place is a hell hole. it has been a nighmare living here. hopefully I can move to a better neighborhood. Two things you need here to survive on the west side a big dog and a gun. so beware. look before you buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois