Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 12:20 PM

997 posts, read 849,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Oh so people have things that tie them to where they are currently residing. Who would have thought. So I guess telling people to move isn't a simple solution to societal problems huh.
No, those are all the things that make it easier to move. You will use any excuse to stay in the position your in.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Well I guess he is right since Chicago is considered the most corrupt city in the nation:

https://abc7chicago.com/politics/chi...inds-/5137350/
Well, you just proved my point. He’s in the most corrupt area in the USA (your opinion) and its the best place for him to survive. In his own words, he can’t make a better living. Haha, this is hilarious.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:03 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
No, those are all the things that make it easier to move. You will use any excuse to stay in the position your in.
Your tortured logic is giving me a headache. People have roots, jobs, families, friends, investments etc that make it difficult to leave. That doesn't mean they should just accept terrible corrupt government.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Your tortured logic is giving me a headache. People have roots, jobs, families, friends, investments etc that make it difficult to leave. That doesn't mean they should just accept terrible corrupt government.
But mostly, excuses. I’ve probably worked in 30 states in the past 15 years. And I have all of what you mentioned above. Plus been married only once for over 30 years. Raised 3 kids, attended flagship universities, moved out permanently after finishing college (in 4 years). Bla bla bla, keep making excuses.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:59 PM

and again your situation is not the same as every else's. Stop assuming you know what's best for everyone. That is the sort of ignorance and arrogance that destroyed the left.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
and again your situation is not the same as every else's. Stop assuming you know what's best for everyone. That is the sort of ignorance and arrogance that destroyed the left.
Ha, will you re read what you just posted. Follow it the next time you start whining.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
Ha, will you re read what you just posted. Follow it the next time you start whining.
Ok let me try to explain this so you will understand:

A viable and efficient government that doesn't take people's homes to support cronies in't just good for everyone (except the cronies of course) it is what government is supposed to be in a free society but sadly isn't in Illinois. I'm not sure anyone can explain it any simpler than that.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:30 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,019 times
Nobody is denying that Illinois has governmental problems. And yes, it's maddening what has happened and how long it has continued.

Basically you are saying that you wish you were born somewhere else, that your family wasn't from here. That moving would mean you'd be away from your family, roots, etc.

Dude, I left all of that about 15 years ago and moved to Arizona. Wanted a change, better weather, what have you. Most of our friends were still in Illinois, lots of family too. In some ways, the move was an improvement. But my lower taxes got me the crappiest schools for my kids, just awful. When I could tell my job wasn't working out, I didn't have a bunch of options all around to stay. In Chicago, tons of options. Much better schools for my children. Yeah, I had to pay for those things.

But here's what I'm saying. We LEFT, despite the same ties you have. We came back. The grass wasn't greener for us. But for some people it is. You don't know unless you try. And if you want to bad enough, you will.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:33 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Nobody is denying that Illinois has governmental problems. And yes, it's maddening what has happened and how long it has continued.

Basically you are saying that you wish you were born somewhere else, that your family wasn't from here. That moving would mean you'd be away from your family, roots, etc.

Dude, I left all of that about 15 years ago and moved to Arizona. Wanted a change, better weather, what have you. Most of our friends were still in Illinois, lots of family too. In some ways, the move was an improvement. But my lower taxes got me the crappiest schools for my kids, just awful. When I could tell my job wasn't working out, I didn't have a bunch of options all around to stay. In Chicago, tons of options. Much better schools for my children. Yeah, I had to pay for those things.

But here's what I'm saying. We LEFT, despite the same ties you have. We came back. The grass wasn't greener for us. But for some people it is. You don't know unless you try. And if you want to bad enough, you will.
Well put. Some people just have to move on, obviously, they are miserable and need a change.

Old 04-18-2019, 03:14 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Ok let me try to explain this so you will understand:

A viable and efficient government that doesn't take people's homes to support cronies in't just good for everyone (except the cronies of course) it is what government is supposed to be in a free society but sadly isn't in Illinois. I'm not sure anyone can explain it any simpler than that.
While I appreciate your efforts, you are wasting your time. It's obvious these people are Democrats and will defend this corrupt state to the death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois