Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,880,974 times

Advertisements

AP News : The Orange County Register (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_IMMIGRATION?SITE=CAANR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPL ATE=DEFAULT - broken link) READ 'EM and WEEP Illegal Aliens and Illegal Alien Supprters!!!! How's that promise seem NOW??? This issue is Obama's Achille's Heel and he knows it!!!

Last edited by antarez; 04-28-2010 at 10:18 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 PM

234 posts, read 242,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
AP News : The Orange County Register (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_IMMIGRATION?SITE=CAANR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPL ATE=DEFAULT - broken link) READ 'EM and WEEP Illegal Aliens and Illegal Alien Supprters!!!! How's that promise seem NOW??? This issue is Obama's Achille's Heel and he nows it!!!

Looks like the illegal immigration debate will continue to remain stagnant. Not surprised as doing nothing ensures the fact that employers can continue hiring and exploiting illegal immigrants to satisfy their never ending thirst of predatory capitalism.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,350,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Looks like the illegal immigration debate will continue to remain stagnant. Not surprised as doing nothing ensures the fact that employers can continue hiring and exploiting illegal immigrants to satisfy their never ending thirst of predatory capitalism.
Obviously you support these employer's greed or you would want their endless supply of slaves removed from this country.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 PM

184 posts, read 439,456 times
This was posted in a town next to mine, in our paper. READ THE LAST PART: Shows how stupid Obama is.
Just a little true tidbit. Illegal can file Federal tax refunds under the fake SS#. They file for an ITIN number and file using it, plus they claim the max dependents using relatives back home that don't even live in the United States and people who they don't even support. Plus throw on top of the fact they work under one name and use another name to get free health care, free school lunches, Goverment assistance on rent, food stamps etc.. they live better than lot of Americans.
You may not beleive me, but my wife is from Mexico(legally after several Thousands of dollars)and she know all this because they tell her these things and they are proud and think it's funny they are getting away with it.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,081,283 times
No ;that and the commission will have to wait until after the election.The the republicans can push for contiued cheap illegal labor and the democrats can push for illegal future voters. The real ethics of politics in america.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,203,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
This was posted in a town next to mine, in our paper. READ THE LAST PART: Shows how stupid Obama is.
Just a little true tidbit. Illegal can file Federal tax refunds under the fake SS#. They file for an ITIN number and file using it, plus they claim the max dependents using relatives back home that don't even live in the United States and people who they don't even support. Plus throw on top of the fact they work under one name and use another name to get free health care, free school lunches, Goverment assistance on rent, food stamps etc.. they live better than lot of Americans.
You may not beleive me, but my wife is from Mexico(legally after several Thousands of dollars)and she know all this because they tell her these things and they are proud and think it's funny they are getting away with it.
And the person whos SS# was "stolen/used" has to put up with the consequences!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/04/wo...d.2688618.html

"Falsely using a Social Security number is a felony. Our own federal agencies are working against those laws. The IRS says privacy laws prevent them from sharing information. So we know who the guilty employers are," Dinerstein said. "The IRS knows who the guilty employees are. And nothing's being done about it."

I'm sure those that support ILLEGAL immigration would be MORE then happy to share THEIR social security numbers so those ILLEGEAL immigrants can then get benefits, file for welfare benefits and get "jobs"...

How about it - a raise of hands? Who here that supports ILLEGAL immigration is willing to step up and let them use YOUR social security number???? I'll set up the business for you .. Just send me YOUR IDENTITY information so I can go down to the Home Depot and assist these ILLEGALS in getting jobs and welfare benefits on YOUR identity!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:02 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,350,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Or the illegal aliens could leave on their own thereby not allowing themselves to be exploited. Funny, how the pro-illegals never recommend that one.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:50 AM

8,667 posts, read 10,212,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
AP News : The Orange County Register (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_IMMIGRATION?SITE=CAANR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPL ATE=DEFAULT - broken link) READ 'EM and WEEP Illegal Aliens and Illegal Alien Supprters!!!! How's that promise seem NOW??? This issue is Obama's Achille's Heel and he knows it!!!
Fine. If Obama doesn't believe there is an appetite in Congress for them to "deal" with the illegal immigration issue now, then he needs to quit stating how AZ's new bill is "misguided". He isn't proactive in offering any solutions himself, so who is he to call the bill misguided? Does he just plan for AZ to sit idly by and watch the state deteriorate more by not securing our borders, or does he plan to sit idly by and then not discourage other cities from boycotting AZ as a whole? He's screwing AZ both ways and it makes me sick!

Old 04-29-2010, 09:01 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,605,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
And the person whos SS# was "stolen/used" has to put up with the consequences!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/04/wo...d.2688618.html

"Falsely using a Social Security number is a felony. Our own federal agencies are working against those laws. The IRS says privacy laws prevent them from sharing information. So we know who the guilty employers are," Dinerstein said. "The IRS knows who the guilty employees are. And nothing's being done about it."

I'm sure those that support ILLEGAL immigration would be MORE then happy to share THEIR social security numbers so those ILLEGEAL immigrants can then get benefits, file for welfare benefits and get "jobs"...

How about it - a raise of hands? Who here that supports ILLEGAL immigration is willing to step up and let them use YOUR social security number???? I'll set up the business for you .. Just send me YOUR IDENTITY information so I can go down to the Home Depot and assist these ILLEGALS in getting jobs and welfare benefits on YOUR identity!
To add insult to injury, if an illegal claims he/she did not know the SSN they were using belonged to a “real” person, the Supreme Court ruling absolves them of ID theft. After all, it would be “unfair” to charge them with ID theft if they thought the ID was bogus, and they only used it to work.

Clearly, they are innocent, because our unfair immigration laws prohibit them from being issued a valid SSN. They have no recourse.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:54 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,271,882 times
My Theory.
Obama understands that Americans suffer from short term memory issues.
He is banking that if we put the debate on hold long enough then the average Joe will be concerned with other issues.
History supports his gamble, something always comes up. Another haiti, another war or maybe a Katrina. Politicians love a good natural disaster to distract the sheep from the wolf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration