Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I guess they aren't smart enough to figure out that boycotting AZ will also hurt the pocketbooks of their precious illegals employed in AZ.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 06:50 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Latin stars slam Arizona's new immigration law | Story | Wonderwall (http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/latin-stars-slam-arizonas-new-immigration-law-1549036.story - broken link)

Ricky Martin: "Equality is understanding that we all come from the same place. Racial profiling should never be tolerated, in the U.S. or anywhere in the world. We're moving backwards. Scary."

Eva Langoria and George Lopez also speak out against the immigration bill.

This is just day 3.
What'd you expect them to do, say they're for this law and lose all their loyal latin fans who love them simply because they're famous and can speak spanish?

Old 04-27-2010, 06:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
So should we hold the United States accountable for Birth of a Nation, and all the Blackface acts and *****ni nny characters that inspired Memin Pinguin?
Don't be a hypocrite.
Look familiar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*****ninny
The difference is that such racism hiding as humor is still acceptable in Mexico---------hell, probably all of Latin America in 2010.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:15 PM

126 posts, read 280,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This should come as no surprise to anyone. Hispanics like them are spewing this nonsense everywhere.
Ricky Martin should not be the one protesting, he looks more caucasian than most caucassians in the usa, in addition to the fact that he is filthy rich, but he understands that the radicals are going to abuse this law.....

Old 04-27-2010, 07:29 PM

313 posts, read 344,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The difference is that such racism hiding as humor is still acceptable in Mexico---------hell, probably all of Latin America in 2010.
Too bad theres nothing humorous about the Tea Party shouting "ni gger" at elected officials. It's downright violent hate.

But I know this is a personal favorite topic for you, since you are in denial of your own racial prejudice, and your agenda to pit Blacks against MExicans, so I wont humor your moderator-accepted trolling at this moment.

Don't forget where the hurtful stereotype originated, and went far beyond one character.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:32 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Ricky Martin should not be the one protesting, he looks more caucasian than most caucassians in the usa, in addition to the fact that he is filthy rich, but he understands that the radicals are going to abuse this law.....
It isn't about radicals. Do you live in AZ and do you fully understand the situation with crime in AZ? That is what this is about. Why is it so difficult for people to understand that? I guess if the Federal Government had opted to listen to AZ's pleas over and over again for help in sealing the border, AZ wouldn't have had to try to find a solution to this problem themselves. Since the Federal Government is sitting on it's butt doing nothing, would you like to chip in some cash to help build that wall at the border or simply complain? Certainly you're not listening to Janet Napolitano, who herself asked the federal government multiple times for assistance while she was Governor, yet somehow now that she is on Obama's payroll, "the border has never been so secure as it is now"? Really?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:39 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
This should come as no surprise to anyone. Hispanics like them are spewing this nonsense everywhere.
Pretty much all Hispanics are against this regardless of their political affiliation.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Too bad theres nothing humorous about the Tea Party shouting "ni gger" at elected officials. It's downright violent hate.

But I know this is a personal favorite topic for you, since you are in denial of your own racial prejudice, and your agenda to pit Blacks against MExicans, so I wont humor your moderator-accepted trolling at this moment.

Don't forget where the hurtful stereotype originated, and went far beyond one character.
One person was accused of using the N word and it was never proven it happened. So you are condeming a whole group for it?

I could give you examples of racist things being yelled at the pro-illegal gatherings also but should I call them all racists because of that?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:35 PM

313 posts, read 344,105 times
Quote:
One person was accused of using the N word and it was never proven it happened. So you are condeming a whole group for it?

I could give you examples of racist things being yelled at the pro-illegal gatherings also but should I call them all racists because of that?
That's what's going on, I was merely pointing out the irony of AzBears statement. Though I'm sure you wouldn't point that side out.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 PM

139 posts, read 441,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I'm an African American and I had to laugh at the stamp myself. The Mexican government is so busted. Those stereotypes are very prevalent in Latin America along with the stereotypical ones for Asians, Jews and Native Americans. And what is so comical is that when I visit Brazil many white Brazilians will depict America as the "boogeyman" of all racism and talk about a "racial democracy" while being served by a black maid and watching a tv program that shows the few black characters in stereotypical mammy roles. Of course all of this is done in the name of "humor". Even when the trannies hold their annual marches in some cities of Brazil many of them will dress up as beautiful (preferably blonde) women and then trailing behind will be one of them shabbily dressed in blackface with a nappy ill-fitting Afro wig and a couple of pillows strapped on the backside depicting a large Bantu bunda (butt). I'm not going to lie it's as funny as hell although the racial connotations are quite obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration