Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 02:20 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,773 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/23/us/23latino.html?_r=2

This is something that pro-illegal immigration groups do: they are very good at reaching a large group of illegal immigrants in churches. There are a lot of churches across the nation that basically take care of illegal immigrants and make it a lot easier for them to reside and work here illegally. Illegal immigration has become what it is in a large part because of the community efforts and the organization. This is just another example of a mass push to organize illegal immigrants and pro-illegal immigration in order to continue the growth. With the Census survey coming up, they are smart and know that they can have more of an influence if Census results show that they are a large part of the population - even if they are illegally here. So, what do they do, they start this great push doing everything they can to get their population representation numbers up. If you read the article, in order to do this, they encourage illegal immigrants to participate because they are the residents. They tell them that they deserve the representation via federal funding that can come their way and the representation in Washington. How is it that people can be here illegally, but we have these groups telling them that they should participate in something that will bring them benefits ... benefits that are not intended for them: the illegal immigrant population. I really don't think they get it and if this isn't an example of how they don't respect our citizenship, our structure and our social services then I don't know what is. They have been doing this for years and they are basically ignoring the truth that they aren't legally here and they should have no ability to have the benefits that they are pimping these illegal immigrants for.

I hope that I am not breaking rules by posting this because I remember how they said that we are restricted on our quotes from other websites, but I think it also said that we were allowed to post short snippets, so, check this out:

Quote:
Fearing that millions of illegal immigrants may not be counted in the 2010 census, Latino leaders are mobilizing a nationwide drive to urge Hispanics to participate in the survey, including an intense push this week in evangelical Christian churches.

Latino groups contend that there was an undercount of nearly one million Latinos in the 2000 census, affecting the drawing of Congressional districts and the distribution of federal money. Hispanic organizations are far better organized for next year’s census, but they say that if illegal immigrants — an estimated eight million of whom are Latino — are not included, the undercount could be much greater.
You know that thread here that talks about how the shift in population is based off of fraud? This is an example. How are you going to have the nerve to say that the "Latino" population count was undercounted and that hurts your "drawing of Congressional districts" and distribution of "federal money," but the people you are saying were undercounted are illegal immigrants? You are actually complaining that you won't and can't get more federal funding and Congressional representation because illegal immigrants were not counted? Is anyone else seeing the problem with this? Well, geez, maybe because they are illegally here and not legal residents and I'll even go as far as to say, not U.S. citizens, they should not be counted and you should not be demanding representation and federal money.

I know you all are seeing what is happening. The disrespect and nerve is hilarious and these politicians that even give these groups an ear have to be insane. Also, I love how they continue to work the Hispanic and Latino angle, this isn't about race, this is about law, organization, rights, benefits, effects of illegal immigration. Latinos and Hispanics can be Americans just like you and me, we're talking about illegal immigrants coming in the masses.

Quote:
“We have to go back to everybody and say, ‘Just as you marched, just as you naturalized, just as you voted, now you have to be counted.’ ”
But there is a problem: they are not naturalized. They are calling out to illegal immigrants to participate in the survey, but now they are saying, "... just as you naturalized." A lot of their campaigns are based on clever and crafty one-liners, but those one-liners are based on lies and delusion.

Quote:
“I believe we pastors have a moral responsibility to educate our flock in an action that will help our communities move forward on the path of political empowerment,” Mr. Rodríguez said.
They consider them their "flock." Also, they are looking to get that ever-so-powerful political empowernment that means so much in this country via illegal immigration.

Quote:
When illegal immigrants in his church express worries, Mr. Dugand advises them that they should trust the census. “I tell them, ‘Don’t flee, don’t just escape,’ ” he said. “Help us build something here for our children.”

Last edited by SoEdible; 12-24-2009 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 07:19 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,020 times
These church's need to take issue with the Illegal Aliens country of origin.The Catholic Church needs to wake up and let it's followers understand that ignorantly bringing more children into this world that they can not possibly take care of is a far greater SIN than birth control!!!!The Catholic Church loves the santuary issue just look at how many of it's evil pedophile priests it took care of.The Vatican with all it's gold,jewelry,land,money and real estate would serve th Lord much better if it helped change things in Latin America.There have been some exceptional Catholics like Romero in El Salvador that laid down his life for his beliefs,but for the most parts it's backwards teachings on Birth control is greatly feeding the Illegals problems.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:47 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
These church's need to take issue with the Illegal Aliens country of origin.The Catholic Church needs to wake up and let it's followers understand that ignorantly bringing more children into this world that they can not possibly take care of is a far greater SIN than birth control!!!!The Catholic Church loves the santuary issue just look at how many of it's evil pedophile priests it took care of.The Vatican with all it's gold,jewelry,land,money and real estate would serve th Lord much better if it helped change things in Latin America.There have been some exceptional Catholics like Romero in El Salvador that laid down his life for his beliefs,but for the most parts it's backwards teachings on Birth control is greatly feeding the Illegals problems.
Well, in terms of what the church is doing, they've even created posters with images of Jesus to promote the cause of amnesty. These posters are going to be up in various churches.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Well, in terms of what the church is doing, they've even created posters with images of Jesus to promote the cause of amnesty. These posters are going to be up in various churches.
Desperate UnAmerican losers----------all of the above.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:04 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,020 times
If the Church wants to protect lawbreakers at the expense of law abiding Americans giving them safe haven and support for identity theft,gang banging,lying and other criminal activities to get social services and other crimes.Maybe it's time to revoke said institutions tax free status and force them to open up their books so we can make public their charitable works.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:31 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,636,097 times
They can preach love and peace but the minute they claim themselves sanctuaries for illegals to hide/reside in as well as organizing their illegal parishnors into a political force is the day they ought to have their tax exempt status revoked.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:37 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
If the Church wants to protect lawbreakers at the expense of law abiding Americans giving them safe haven and support for identity theft,gang banging,lying and other criminal activities to get social services and other crimes.Maybe it's time to revoke said institutions tax free status and force them to open up their books so we can make public their charitable works.
i couldn't agree more! they are operating as a business so they need to be taxed as a business. some churches seem to be getting in the business of subversion lately, as in:

Father Tim Jones insisted in his Christmas sermon at St Lawrence Church, York, that it is acceptable to shoplift.

"God''s love for the poor and despised outweighs the property rights of the rich," the Sun quoted him as saying.

He added: "My advice, as a Christian priest, is to shoplift. I do not offer such advice because I think that stealing is a good thing, or because I think it is harmless, for it is neither.

"I would ask that they do not steal from small family businesses but from large, national businesses, knowing that the costs are ultimately passed on to the rest of us in the form of higher prices.

yikes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration