Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:06 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,942,600 times

Advertisements

Well, the citizens of the city of Farmers Branch (a suburb of Dallas) have resoundingly voiced their opinions that they wish to enforce the immigration laws of this country by a vote of 68% in favor of the resolution to make English the official language, and fine anyone that rents to illegal aliens.

This vote was brought about because the defenders of illegal immigration garnered enough signatures on a petition to force the council's mandate to a vote of the people, which was entirely within their right.

Now that the opponents of the bill have lost by a vote of the people, they are suing the city of Farmer's Branch and will try and lawyer the city to the point of financial ruin by continued legal battles by entities such as LULAC, the ACLU, and others.

The city is ready to fight this battle, which is an important one not only for Farmers Branch but in reality, cities across this nation. If they lose the court battles, it could very well set a precedent for other cases across the country where cities would like to do the same thing.

They have set up a website where you can contribute to a defense fund. I probably cannot include the link to their website but suffice to say that if you google "farmers branch legal defense fund" you'll come up with the appropriate links.

I'm sending them 10 bucks; not much but I hope that others with my opinion across the country will do somewhat of the same. It's time to stand up to this and fight; since it appears our federal government is not willing to do so it is up to citizens and legal residents all across the country.

What do you say folks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 04:15 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,754,674 times
Are you not including the link because it may be censored? If that isn't the case, I have no problem posting it. I'm contributing too as well as posting this information in other forums.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:23 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,186,023 times
http://www.farmersbranchlegaldefensefund.com/ (broken link)

Old 05-14-2007, 04:42 PM

Thanks Lakewooder, and yes Kele, it was because I thought the thread might be deleted by the mods. Thanks much!

Last edited by Synopsis; 05-14-2007 at 05:16 PM..

Old 05-14-2007, 06:15 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,772,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Well, the citizens of the city of Farmers Branch (a suburb of Dallas) have resoundingly voiced their opinions that they wish to enforce the immigration laws of this country by a vote of 68% in favor of the resolution to make English the official language, and fine anyone that rents to illegal aliens.

This vote was brought about because the defenders of illegal immigration garnered enough signatures on a petition to force the council's mandate to a vote of the people, which was entirely within their right.

Now that the opponents of the bill have lost by a vote of the people, they are suing the city of Farmer's Branch and will try and lawyer the city to the point of financial ruin by continued legal battles by entities such as LULAC, the ACLU, and others.

The city is ready to fight this battle, which is an important one not only for Farmers Branch but in reality, cities across this nation. If they lose the court battles, it could very well set a precedent for other cases across the country where cities would like to do the same thing.

They have set up a website where you can contribute to a defense fund. I probably cannot include the link to their website but suffice to say that if you google "farmers branch legal defense fund" you'll come up with the appropriate links.

I'm sending them 10 bucks; not much but I hope that others with my opinion across the country will do somewhat of the same. It's time to stand up to this and fight; since it appears our federal government is not willing to do so it is up to citizens and legal residents all across the country.

What do you say folks?

I thought that vote was to make it illegal to rent to an illegal....

Old 05-14-2007, 07:28 PM

So Texanborn, what is your point?

Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,906,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I thought that vote was to make it illegal to rent to an illegal....
Yes, it makes it a crime in the city of Farmers Branch to rent a home or apartment to an illegal alien. As a someone that grew up there, HOORAY!!!!!!!!! Sadly, Farmers Branch has gone downhill because of the flood of illegal immigrants (of all backgrounds and not just those that are hispanic) and yet it was, is and can be such a great city. The location is great, the trees are great, the golf course and country club are one of the oldest in the Dallas area. I say GOOD FOR THEM!!! I was behind it 100% and still am to this day.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:33 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,595,939 times
I'm sending them some money, too!

Mayor Lou Barletta in Hazleton, Pa. is done with HIS case, we're just waiting for a judge's ruling.

Farmer's Branch is next on the list. Time to break out the checkbook.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:07 PM

4 posts, read 5,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

What do you say folks?
I support the city Marshall, Texas and Hezelton, PA. Many Americans need to wake up. We have in the Senate and in congress including President Bush, that are pushing for an immigration reform. We have more than 12 million illegal aliens that at the present they cost the American taxpayers more than 100 billions per year in education, medicaid and other social services. If we let the Senate and congress pass an amnesty or immigration reform it will cost the American taxpayers more than 200 billions per year. We do not need any immigration reform or amnesty, we can not reward criminals, we make a big misstake in 1986 (IRCA) we give an amnesty to 3.5 million illegal aliens this is why today we have over 12 million illegal aliens, and the ones to bleam are the ones that we elected to stand for the rule of law and our constitution. Our Border patrol officers are impair to do their job, because the politicians undermine homeland security objective by under funding the Department and dictating an open Border policy to supply the big corporations and the business sector with cheap labor. all is for the love of power, money and plain greed.
We need to fire all the SOBs, in the next election if we don't do it than we are the fools.

txre1937

Old 05-15-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Yes, it makes it a crime in the city of Farmers Branch to rent a home or apartment to an illegal alien. As a someone that grew up there, HOORAY!!!!!!!!! Sadly, Farmers Branch has gone downhill because of the flood of illegal immigrants (of all backgrounds and not just those that are hispanic) and yet it was, is and can be such a great city. The location is great, the trees are great, the golf course and country club are one of the oldest in the Dallas area. I say GOOD FOR THEM!!! I was behind it 100% and still am to this day.
Like you momof2, I applaud the city of Farmers Branch to stand up and do the right thing while our federal government does nothing. Everywhere on the radio and tv people keep trying to make this out to be a race issue, which is absurd. Illegal is illegal whether you're from Mexico or Canada. Farmers Branch has gone downhill over the years and hopefully this will encourage legal residents and citizens to move there and bring it back up to the high standards it once had.

Get out your checkbooks people! These folks in Farmers Branch are part of the spearhead that we need to support. Win or lose, these lawsuits will be used as case law for many other cities around the country that might try and do the same. We need Farmers Branch to prevail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration