Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:59 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
EL PASO -- The deadly street shootings, decapitations and other killings in Juárez are taking place at a higher pace than at the same time last year even as talk of a drug cartel truce has increased along with the U.S. role on Mexican soil.

The number of homicides in the Juárez area has surged past 130 already this month, according to an El Paso Times tally, an increase over the 37 homicides recorded by Chihuahua state investigators in January 2008. Las year, 1,609 homicides occurred.

Juárez is considered the current murder capital of Mexico, but killings have also flared across the state of Chihuahua and in other parts of Mexico.

The Dallas Morning News, citing anonymous sources, reported that if the bloodbath escalates, U.S. officials are contemplating the possibility of an enhanced U.S. role in battling Mexican drug cartels, including joint operations with Mexican forces and the involvement of U.S. contractors, military and intelligence personnel.

Juárez violence: U.S. assistance is considered, Warring cartels may try for truce - El Paso Times
It is as if Mexico is at the 'fork in the road': one direction leading to stability and prosperity; the other leading the the (possible) takeover of at least the northern part of that nation by the USA.

The choice is yours, Mexico.

Suffice to say: it would not hurt my feelings to see Mx grow up, take responsibility for its actions and be a prosperous First World neighbor like Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 11:03 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It is as if Mexico is at the 'fork in the road': one direction leading to stability and prosperity; the other leading the the (possible) takeover of at least the northern part of that nation by the USA.

The choice is yours, Mexico.

Suffice to say: it would not hurt my feelings to see Mx grow up, take responsibility for its actions and be a prosperous First World neighbor like Canada.
Agreed. If we had to merge with any country, my vote goes to Canada. Mexico's massive poverty rates, high birth rates, crime rates, delusional arrogance, sense of entitlement to what is not theirs and the level of ignorance, coupled with the idea of hearing spanish every day for the rest of my life does NOT appeal to me in any shape form or fashion . . urggh.. . .

Old 01-31-2009, 12:57 PM

Default Jury finds mom guilty for beating daughter to death

A DuPage County jury deliberated three hours late Friday before convicting a Woodridge mother of murdering her 5-year-old daughter.

The panel also found Christina Beltran's crime particularly heinous and cruel, making her eligible for a life prison term.

Beltran clasped her hands in prayer as the tired jury members filed back into the hushed courtroom at 8:40 p.m. She softly wept after learning her fate.

The swift verdict brought to a close an emotional hard-fought trial.

Beltran, 24, confessed in two videotaped police interviews to slamming Evelyn's head against the floor July 6, 2007, in a fit of rage after the little girl soiled herself.

Daily Herald | Jury finds mom guilty for beating daughter to death

Followup story.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:28 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,100 times
Here is a picture of the animal who molested a little five year old girl. Now us law abiding citizens have to foot the bill for his warm jail cell and care.

Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Sex Assault On 5-Year Old (http://www.wpix.com/landing/?Illegal-Immigrant-Arrested-For-Sex-Assau=1&blockID=193002&feedID=1404 - broken link)

Old 01-31-2009, 04:00 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Here is a picture of the animal who molested a little five year old girl. Now us law abiding citizens have to foot the bill for his warm jail cell and care.

Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Sex Assault On 5-Year Old (http://www.wpix.com/landing/?Illegal-Immigrant-Arrested-For-Sex-Assau=1&blockID=193002&feedID=1404 - broken link)
Just my opinion here, but. I don't think the law abiding citizens will need to support him for very long. Even the most hardend cons. are waiting for this fool. Having a " hard hart" is a sure death sentence for any child molester. He is so far down he has to look up to see the bottom.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Just my opinion here, but. I don't think the law abiding citizens will need to support him for very long. Even the most hardend cons. are waiting for this fool. Having a " hard hart" is a sure death sentence for any child molester. He is so far down he has to look up to see the bottom.

I sincerely hope you are right. I also hope this innocent child was given a battery of test for sexually transmitted diseases.

Not only does he look rabid, he looks like he'd plug any hole available.

Quote:
An illegal immigrant was arrested Wednesday, after a 5-year old girl told cops he forced himself on her.
Authorities say, Gualter Diaz-Muray, 34, from Guatemala is accused of holding the girl against her will, then sexually assaulting her when she tried to run away. The incident took place at a house in Cliffside Park, N.J. but it is unknown if the suspect was living there at the time.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:55 PM

50,260 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Jesus, what kind of filth attacks a 5 year old. I'd say let him go so he can bump into the parents and relatives of the kid.

I remember a story of a young boy raped by an Illegal Alien and the family made friends with someone inside the prison. The father found out the day he was to be released and where. He rented an apt across from the facility and setup a sniper shot. On the day the loser was let out the father got what he wanted, one shot one kill. He walked down and turned himself in. I believe he either did no time or very little.

I love a happy ending.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Jesus, what kind of filth attacks a 5 year old. I'd say let him go so he can bump into the parents and relatives of the kid.

I remember a story of a young boy raped by an Illegal Alien and the family made friends with someone inside the prison. The father found out the day he was to be released and where. He rented an apt across from the facility and setup a sniper shot. On the day the loser was let out the father got what he wanted, one shot one kill. He walked down and turned himself in. I believe he either did no time or very little.

I love a happy ending.
I doubt that I would have any problem doing exactly what that father did. As for loving happy endings . . . .so do I.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:15 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times
While I didn’t read the article (never do when children are involved), I can only hope he gets exactly what he deserves. I agree with jjwebbster; Bubba, et al. will indeed take care of him. In prison, no criminals are held with greater disdain than the scum who harm innocent and defenseless children.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:25 PM

Default Missing Tyler girl, 11, is in custody of Mexican relatives, police report

TYLER - A state agency's refusal to issue an Amber Alert for a missing 11-year-old girl believed to have run off with a convicted felon was questioned Friday by advocates for missing children and a Texas lawmaker.

They said the Department of Public Safety should reconsider its policy of issuing the alerts only when children are abducted by strangers or taken unwillingly.

"People who prey on children more often use seduction rather than ropes," said Rep. Garnett Coleman, a Houston legislator who has focused on children's issues.

Police in Tyler, about 100 miles east of Dallas, requested the Amber Alert after the girl's mother reported her missing. The girl's friends said she may be with 23-year-old Enrique Vasquez, whom they described as her boyfriend. The girl's parents told police that Vasquez played soccer with her father, but they were unaware of any relationship between the two and he did not have permission to take their child.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Vasquez, who was convicted of burglary in 2006, on charges of kidnapping and a probation violation.

FOXNews.com - Texas Department of Public Safety Refuses Amber Alert for Missing Girl, 11 - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
State's Amber Alert Policy Questioned (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/States_Amber_Alert_Policy_Que - broken link)

Updated version:

Police said the girl's family was at police headquarters when the mother, Maira Macias, received a call from her daughter around 7:30 p.m. Friday. The girl told her she was in Mexico.

The girl and her parents are from Mexico. Macias told The Associated Press they had known Vasquez for less than a year and believe he is from the Mexican state of San Luis Potosi.

The car officials believe Vasquez was initially driving was involved in a hit-and-run accident in Irving on Tuesday afternoon.

Missing Tyler girl, 11, is in custody of Mexican relatives, police report | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Texas Regional News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/020109dntswmissing.1e3b17b.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration