Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:41 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,416,033 times

Advertisements

Three and a half month old Raul Rojas suffers from heart conditions. He's already had two heart surgeries. Marisol Andrade tells us her son will need medical care for the remainder of his life.

3-year-old Jessica Garza was born with several birth defects. She was born without knees and elbows. She's already had four surgeries. She just started to take her first steps not too long ago but she'll never be a normal child. She will require multiple surgeries as she grows older. Zulema Diaz says it was depressing to see her baby in those conditions. But what was more depressing for her was when Jessica attempted to walk and couldn't.

And baby girl Daniela Mendez. She was born premature. She only weighed 1 lb at birth. She had her first surgery at only seven days old. This baby isn't even two years old and has already had 23 surgeries. She has several chronic diseases. Daniela is legally blind. She will never be able to walk or talk.
Claudia Cepeda went through deep depression. She says her baby's illness was tough to deal with. She compared it to a never-ending storm.

These ladies aren't asking for anything special. They believe their children have the rights like any other U.S. citizen to be treated in their country. All these women want is for the federal government to allow them to remain with their children in the United States as they grow older with these difficult challenges.

People are only a few of the many others who are faced with the same difficult situations...

Find this article at:
http://www.kveo.com/home/ticker/34855844.html

While I sympathize with these people, at what point does the entire country/population of Mexico take responsibility for themselves and end their lifetime achievement of the sum total of dysfunctional, US co-dependency and corrupt behavior? We do not have an unlimited supply of money to take care of the entire planet. It is way past time that they realize that their circumstances are no different from many Americans who suffer daily as well. We have our own problems and dysfunctional citizens and issues to deal with.

It's time for the women of Mexico to learn that having multiple children when you can't even feed yourself and pimping them for the purpose of anchoring yourself to the tax dollars and sympathy of another nation is not only pathetic, but stupid. It is also time for them to realize that birth control is their friend.

It's also long past time for Mexico to grow up, stop whining and considering themselves step children of America entitled to American: jobs, welfare, education and social services courtesy of our tax dollars. We owe you nothing and we are not your savior or your keeper.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-21-2008 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 12:27 PM

14 posts, read 27,947 times
That is so not fair attacking people because they love thier children....

Old 11-21-2008, 12:28 PM

14 posts, read 27,947 times
If your child was sick and you had to enter another country illegally to get them help I bet you would do it in a second..stop being so self-righteous...

Old 11-21-2008, 12:38 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,646,250 times
The problem isn't these individual families. I think anyone with a heart could feel for the uncertainty of these childrens lives.
The problem arises when its not a few hundred or a few thousand or even a few hundred thousand but millions of people who are here illegally and draining the system dry. Is your health insurance high? Mine is too....and we can thank, in part, to illegal immigrants with no way and no desire to foot the bill for their medical treatment.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:58 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
The problem isn't these individual families. I think anyone with a heart could feel for the uncertainty of these childrens lives.
The problem arises when its not a few hundred or a few thousand or even a few hundred thousand but millions of people who are here illegally and draining the system dry. Is your health insurance high? Mine is too....and we can thank, in part, to illegal immigrants with no way and no desire to foot the bill for their medical treatment.
Exactly. No one condemns a parent for their love of their children. As a father of an autistic child I fully understand what a parent will do to improve a childs life and or future.
The USA has a multitude of programs aimed specifically at helping those in need in foreign countries. I myself helped a 9 year old child with a bi-lateral cleft of the lip and pallot finally get it repaired. A procedure done here as an infant....
The point is if someone invades your home, steals from you and then critsizes your home are they worthy of your compassion? I think not.
The issue isn't as camping says the hand full of trully desperate parents with extreme circumstances. The issue is with the 20 or more million who just take take take and then complain if they don't get enough or are caught.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,507,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelanddiana View Post
If your child was sick and you had to enter another country illegally to get them help I bet you would do it in a second..stop being so self-righteous...
she would probably be the first one to flee to the other country. Seriously its a dam shame when other people empathize, JDmom is just stating her option and some what likley she has a point, but after reading most of her posts. I kinda feel sorry for her. she sounds lonely, bitter, and angry. theres much more important values and things to do, than to spend hours on the internet complaining about who gets what and who does where. Honestly Instead of hateing the players why not hate the game. Whos real fault is it that drug wars are going on in mexico? yes its the government. but I think the idiot consumer is more to blame dont you think? but there will always be flaws everywhere. Once JDmom finds a perfect utopia place to live then we can all live hapily ever after.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
she would probably be the first one to flee to the other country. Seriously its a dam shame when other people empathize, JDmom is just stating her option and some what likley she has a point, but after reading most of her posts. I kinda feel sorry for her. she sounds lonely, bitter, and angry. theres much more important values and things to do, than to spend hours on the internet complaining about who gets what and who does where. Honestly Instead of hateing the players why not hate the game. Whos real fault is it that drug wars are going on in mexico? yes its the government. but I think the idiot consumer is more to blame dont you think? but there will always be flaws everywhere. Once JDmom finds a perfect utopia place to live then we can all live hapily ever after.
OR perhaps Jdubs is pointing out the reality. That being that most of the illegals in this country are not here due to extreme hardships at home or because of a child in need of life saving medical care. Most are here because they cheated the system. They cheated our system not because its an impossible system but because they felt only a fool plays by the rules when you can cheat it much faster.
What do they do when they arrive here? ID theft, fraud, tax evasion, lowball wages forcing legals out of work, demand special treatment, cheat our hospitals out of payment for services rendered.
That does not even begin to cover what those who commit violent crimes do and the costs associated with them. Or the many many Drunk driving crimes, crimes of driving without a licence and victims of these drivers.
One might ask what Utopia you live in that these crimes have gone un-noticed?
Like Jdubs I empathize with any parent of child in need. I live that life. What I do not and will not condone are the illegals who insist that we owe them.
I do agree with you about the drug problem. The users in this country supply the demand. As far as I am concerned we should allow them to rot in the lives they have created for themselves.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
That is so not fair attacking people because they love thier children....
Quote:
What about American children who cannot get health care due to their parents not be able to pay for it yet it is perfectly acceptable for illegal immigrants to cheat the system?

We cannot save the world.

As for Mexico: it is not a poor nation.................it is past time for the Peons SOB to stand up and fight for their rights.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Exactly. No one condemns a parent for their love of their children. As a father of an autistic child I fully understand what a parent will do to improve a childs life and or future.
The USA has a multitude of programs aimed specifically at helping those in need in foreign countries. I myself helped a 9 year old child with a bi-lateral cleft of the lip and pallot finally get it repaired. A procedure done here as an infant....
The point is if someone invades your home, steals from you and then critsizes your home are they worthy of your compassion? I think not.
The issue isn't as camping says the hand full of trully desperate parents with extreme circumstances. The issue is with the 20 or more million who just take take take and then complain if they don't get enough or are caught.
Agreed. The problem is that every person that gives birth is NOT a mother. 20+ million of them all here without permission equals taxpayers/citizens being pimped, conned and financially drained.

It's kind of hard to have sympathy for wilderbeasts such as Elvira Arrellano, and millions of others who deliberately give birth in order to use that child as a pawn to gain sympathy or as a source of anchoring themselves to this country in order to receive welfare, healthcare, link cards and section 8 housing, free education all without any "sympathy" for those of us who have our own families to support. Not only is it anger inducing and annoying, but dead wrong.

I ran out of sympathy for all things illegal aliens and their sob stories 5 years ago.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-21-2008 at 02:17 PM..

Old 11-21-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
OR perhaps Jdubs is pointing out the reality. That being that most of the illegals in this country are not here due to extreme hardships at home or because of a child in need of life saving medical care. Most are here because they cheated the system. They cheated our system not because its an impossible system but because they felt only a fool plays by the rules when you can cheat it much faster.
What do they do when they arrive here? ID theft, fraud, tax evasion, lowball wages forcing legals out of work, demand special treatment, cheat our hospitals out of payment for services rendered.
That does not even begin to cover what those who commit violent crimes do and the costs associated with them. Or the many many Drunk driving crimes, crimes of driving without a licence and victims of these drivers.
One might ask what Utopia you live in that these crimes have gone un-noticed?
Like Jdubs I empathize with any parent of child in need. I live that life. What I do not and will not condone are the illegals who insist that we owe them.
I do agree with you about the drug problem. The users in this country supply the demand. As far as I am concerned we should allow them to rot in the lives they have created for themselves.
I suppose its much easier and far more convenient for IA's to shoot the messenger, since they have nothing concrete or intelligent to contribute to this forum to dispute the realities of the horror that has resulted from the invasion of 20+million illegal aliens into this country. The personal attacks, as lame as they are simply serve to confirm that I am succeeding in meeting my goal of posting the information that illegal aliens would prefer that Americans never lay eyes on. So much for living in the shadows!

Bravo! Well stated. Thank you for summing up how I feel in a nutshell.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-21-2008 at 02:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration