Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:11 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,641,889 times

Advertisements

This is simply another illustration of an illegal trying to manipulate the system by tugging at our heartstrings. If she is granted amnesty, what happens when her husband dies? Right……..she will be able to remain here, and will have essentially "beat the system." She has already been deported once, and should be ineligible for amnesty.

If she has been able to care for her husband at home in the U.S., I can think of no reason she can’t continue to care for him at home in Mexico. They need to concentrate on getting his papers in order for him to spend the remainder of his days legally in Mexico.

Quote:
Federal immigration officials want to kick Lucila Huerta out of the country. Doing so, her attorneys say, might prove costly for taxpayers.
Huerta, an illegal immigrant, is providing round-the-clock care for her husband, Guadalupe Huerta, a U.S. citizen living in Madera. He lies bedridden in their tiny Madera apartment, suffering from the lung disease called Valley fever and paralyzed by meningitis.

Without her help, the couple's attorneys say, Guadalupe Huerta would have nowhere else to go but a nursing home. Medi-Cal, the state-federal health insurance program for low-income residents, would pick up the tab at about $82 to $95 a day -- and much more if the 43-year-old Madera man is hospitalized.

The couple and their supporters held a news conference Monday to plead their case to the public. They've already asked immigration officials to allow her to remain in the United States on humanitarian grounds. If immigration officials turn her down, Lucila Huerta, 49, would be deported Wednesday.

"I tell him he has to fight to get better because I might have to leave," she said. "It pains me to see him like this."

Virginia Kice, a spokeswoman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said the couple's request is being reviewed. Kice said the agency will look at all aspects of the case, including her initial removal from the United States.
FresnoBee.com: Local: Immigrant says her deportation will cost taxpayers (http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local-news/story/933724.html - broken link)

Old 10-14-2008, 08:24 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,685,701 times
Fine, give her a temporary workers visa (as she is working as her dhs caretaker and being paid by the state to do it), but when her dh is either better or dies, it is back to Mexico.
Isn't this the best I could expect if my dh was a citizen of any EU country and I was there illegally? The same with Russia, China, S Korea, Japan, hell even Mexico.
There should not be two laws co existing in one country. It is a slap in the face to all of us who have jumped through immigration hoops and paid the dough.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:06 PM

181 posts, read 323,927 times
I bet the In Home Support Services program is paying her money to provide round the clock care for her. Otherwise, how is she paying rent? See, the problem is, there is no welfare in Mexico. She would have to get a job or find a way to support her husband. But here, she gets to get free medical care for her husband and have some program pay for their living expenses.

I saw my aunt die of lung cancer. She had no health insurance. By the time I finally got her qualified for services, she was dead. This was a US citizen who had worked since she was 12. She died at 57.
Until we treat our own US citizens with dignity, I don't feel sorry for illegals. Not.one.bit.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 PM

234 posts, read 242,900 times
Why does America act like they care about saving money? We're 13 trillion dollars in the hole. We're a bankrupt nation. This is what you get when you give a private organization [THE FEDERAL RESERVE] the power to print our green backs.

Now bring that family back to America and spend spend spend...

Old 04-27-2010, 08:54 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,997,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgoldilocks View Post
I bet the In Home Support Services program is paying her money to provide round the clock care for her. Otherwise, how is she paying rent? See, the problem is, there is no welfare in Mexico. She would have to get a job or find a way to support her husband. But here, she gets to get free medical care for her husband and have some program pay for their living expenses.

I saw my aunt die of lung cancer. She had no health insurance. By the time I finally got her qualified for services, she was dead. This was a US citizen who had worked since she was 12. She died at 57.
Until we treat our own US citizens with dignity, I don't feel sorry for illegals. Not.one.bit.
Yes, I think that can be deduced by that "round-the-clock" care she's supposedly giving him which most likely lays around watching novelas all day and occassionally giving him food or water while the taxpayers pick up the tab for her as well as for him.

It would most likely be cheaper to stick him in a nursing home where one caretaker can tend to several patients, cheaper than providing this woman a comfortable retirement. She obviously doesn't love her husband enough to bring her home with him, she could attend to him back home but that doesn't get her a free living.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:00 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,382,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Why does America act like they care about saving money? We're 13 trillion dollars in the hole. We're a bankrupt nation. This is what you get when you give a private organization [THE FEDERAL RESERVE] the power to print our green backs.

Real Americans care. It is our government that doesn't apparently.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,297,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post

Au contraire: we need to boot out millions of illegal aliens along with their Anchor Babies.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:17 PM

457 posts, read 667,209 times
Absolutely! Anchor babies and all. In addition, terminate the act that allows one legal immigrant to "sponsor" 20 additional "family" members. The Family Reunification Act is legally allowing those that should be considered illegal a free ride at Uncle Sugars expense.!

Old 01-27-2017, 02:48 PM

59,543 posts, read 27,803,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Real Americans care. It is our government that doesn't apparently.
"Real Americans care"

Good. Get in touch with them and ask for donations.

How much are YOU willing to donate?

Old 01-27-2017, 03:58 PM

26,328 posts, read 22,476,665 times
So, if someone has committed a crime, a US citizen, and their spouse/other family member needs them to care for them, is the prisoner released from prison and given amnesty? I don't think so. Actually, I have heard of prisoners begging to just get a visit with the person before the person passes away.

Sorry, get on the bus and go home. Actually, I'm not even sorry, I'm tired of these illegal aliens using kids and now ailing husband to try to overshadow their crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration