Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 03:59 PM

391 posts, read 876,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Point well taken on the Wall Street debacle.

Needless to say: we as Americans need continue to 'clean house' re: illegals---------no matter where they are sourced from.

As for your hubby: the man is an American--------not Guatemalan.

That would be akin to referring to my father as a 'Hungarian': he is a naturalized US citizen.
No he is an American Guatemalan. He won't give up his culture. The Guatemalans I know are special. More prideful or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 04:20 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,327,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Thats sick bear. Ever know anyone who has died of aids? Its not just a gay disease ya know. heterosexuals get it. babies get it. You want something like that? that is so horrific and in parts of Africa I believe are very bad. That is a bad example. It would torture anyone to see somone, especially one they cared about suffer with AIDS. I am disappointed. I thought you were kinder than that. that sounded more like something ma dubs would say.
The word reality comes to mind. Those oversexed guys in Africa, etc. need to keep it in their pants-----------bottom line. AIDS is well known over there

Once a culture controls its birthrate...........the death rate tends to decline as well.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:58 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,777,832 times
Quote:
Again: repeat after me-----------------close/lock our southern border and institute mass deportations.

Problem solved.

Or; perhaps Mexico needs to surrender 10% of her nation's land in exchange for us keeping their miscreants? Such a deal would mean the death of use of Spanish, etc. in the territories in question.
Kind of like cultural genocide? cool.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You call it cultural genocide when the majority culture demands that (legal) immigrants assimilate into US society----------which is a slap in the face of those folks who were murdered in pogroms. The Jews during WW II come to mind.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:20 PM

608 posts, read 928,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I'll admit, even though we usually have different points of view, I like your sense of humor. I DO support a secure southern border but I can't say that I'm for the destruction of Mexican culture outside of the current US border (Besides, It's too complicated to carry out that plan anyway.) It's nice to see someone willing to disagree yet be civil about it. (I;m still kinda new here and this isn't something I've seen on this forum often.)

Old 09-27-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I'll admit, even though we usually have different points of view, I like your sense of humor. I DO support a secure southern border but I can't say that I'm for the destruction of Mexican culture outside of the current US border (Besides, It's too complicated to carry out that plan anyway.) It's nice to see someone willing to disagree yet be civil about it. (I;m still kinda new here and this isn't something I've seen on this forum often.)
Regardless of differing opinions, always happy to be civil and respectful of those willing to be the same with me.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
You call it cultural genocide when the majority culture demands that (legal) immigrants assimilate into US society----------which is a slap in the face of those folks who were murdered in pogroms. The Jews during WW II come to mind.
You KNOW I'm not saying anything offensive or out of disrespect towards genocide victims like the Jews. We've been through that in a different thread.

And in your scenario of annexing northern Mexico, I don't think that would make them illegal immigrants.

Cultural genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ironically enough from the above:
Quote:
Some right-wing activists have applied the term to what they see as a downfall of Western civilization due to liberal immigration policies, diversity, and multiculturalism.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:12 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,658,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Actually I was mistreated 1000 times worse as a newbie. Been called all kinds of names. Been put down because of my spelling / grammar when you all do not even know if I have normal fingers or not. Sassy has been called horrific names as well. The point being is no one talks about repair other than send them all back which you should know by now our Gov't doesn't plan to. Everyone should work as a group and except others own opinions. It would be so much more productive.
Unless I missed the post, catfishing did not enter this forum spewing insults at individual members -- unlike certain newbies whose trollish behavior was intended only to inflame and disrupt this forum. Bianca.G comes to mind (may she RIP until her reincarnation).

Catfishing merely stated opinions which differed from the pro-illegal sentiment. Consequently, he/she was attacked in normal self-righteous pro-illegal fashion. We are ALL entitled to our opinion. However, there’s a difference between a legitimate debate, and blatant harassment and disrespect.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Unless I missed the post, catfishing did not enter this forum spewing insults at individual members -- unlike certain newbies whose trollish behavior was intended only to inflame and disrupt this forum. Bianca.G comes to mind (may she RIP until her reincarnation).

Catfishing merely stated opinions which differed from the pro-illegal sentiment. Consequently, he/she was attacked in normal self-righteous pro-illegal fashion. We are ALL entitled to our opinion. However, there’s a difference between a legitimate debate, and blatant harassment and disrespect.
Another example of the growing desperation of the pro illegal crowd...........machismo covering up fear IMHO.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,658,589 times
Quote:
Another example of the growing desperation of the pro illegal crowd...........machismo covering up fear IMHO.
Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration