Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:35 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,597,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
sassy can you see there is no getting through to them? We won't change their narrow minds nor will they change our open minds
Perhaps this is your idea of an "open mind."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 01:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,203,955 times
Quote:
Yeah we can thank our Gov't and banks for our economy. The ego the US has always had is now coming back to bite them in the hinny. They have mismanaged our money for so long we will soon be the 3rd world. As far as I see and reminding you can't change my mind those immigrants add to our economy but do not take away as much as you all think. Too frame your 2006 remark of their protest. Our economy suffered when they did not work. US citizens outraged because their favorite mexican resturant was closed that day. made no sense to me. If people hate mexico so much then why eat their great food?
Now my husband chose to work that day. He is guatemalan but a US citizen. But he is a workaholic like most I know.
Point well taken on the Wall Street debacle.

Needless to say: we as Americans need continue to 'clean house' re: illegals---------no matter where they are sourced from.

As for your hubby: the man is an American--------not Guatemalan.

That would be akin to referring to my father as a 'Hungarian': he is a naturalized US citizen.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:44 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,768,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps this is your idea of an "open mind."
LMBO . . . Good One, Benicar.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,264,158 times
Quote:
Yeah we can thank our Gov't and banks for our economy. The ego the US has always had is now coming back to bite them in the hinny. They have mismanaged our money for so long we will soon be the 3rd world. As far as I see and reminding you can't change my mind those immigrants add to our economy but do not take away as much as you all think. Too frame your 2006 remark of their protest. Our economy suffered when they did not work. US citizens outraged because their favorite mexican resturant was closed that day. made no sense to me. If people hate mexico so much then why eat their great food?
Now my husband chose to work that day. He is guatemalan but a US citizen. But he is a workaholic like most I know.
I like Mexican food. But if a Mexican resturaunt closed I would simply go eat Thai instead. They give back more than they take? I think not. Immigrants to add to our society. Legal immigrants that is. Illegals simply yake what they can and make it harder for the HONEST immigrants who actually respect our laws, our culture, our custumes. Honest immigrants who feel honor bound to pay their own way. Can your open mind see the difference?

Old 09-26-2008, 02:53 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,657,673 times
Maybe these illegals should be given a book on how to be model minorities

Old 09-27-2008, 02:47 PM

391 posts, read 874,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I like Mexican food. But if a Mexican resturaunt closed I would simply go eat Thai instead. They give back more than they take? I think not. Immigrants to add to our society. Legal immigrants that is. Illegals simply yake what they can and make it harder for the HONEST immigrants who actually respect our laws, our culture, our custumes. Honest immigrants who feel honor bound to pay their own way. Can your open mind see the difference?

Where did I say illegal immigrants? Never assume.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
That is a cop out. If they are respectable they have nothing to fear nor hide.
This isn't just about SOB its about all illegals.
That's not true. They have been shot at because of their good deeds. You forget there are farmers and minute men who shoot humans for the hell of it and hate the groups that offer only legal humanitarianism. They attack because of SOB haters. They want no one to help. Their job is very dangerous but they work with Border patrol as well and they know about the attacks too.

Last edited by chey2u; 09-27-2008 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-27-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Threat, smoke and fire. come on it is getting old.
So sorry you can't get it.... I am not a foreigner. I am a natural born US citizen as has been my family since the 1700's

Old 09-27-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
So we are broke? We have nothing left? Tell me again why we owe anything to illegals given what you yourself say? From what you say we absolutely can not afford to support illegals and the burden they present.
Thank you for supporting the anti-illegal cause.

assume, assume, assume, I do not support illegalism just humanitarianism

Old 09-27-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Sassy believes that illegals are honest hard working people who have the finest of family values.
The hispanic mexican people I have met are all outstanding. Course I do not ask them are you alien or martian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration