Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:24 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,650,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
"woe is me crowd"?

I'm cool. I have no problem with life.

I think that label should be applied to people with your feelings. "your" country is being ruined. your life is so much harder now.

"my finger is so sore from having to press 1 everytime I have to pay my bills. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?"

I'm not the one scared of the murderous, child marrying, brain eating Mexicans.

Poor middle class America.

And hitting the bullseye? Your arrows are stereotypes and personal attacks, along with venom tipped anti-Latino remarks.

It is not brain eating Mexicans and you know it. Illegal immigration is a financial and societal drain on our country. The immigrants from Poland are, from Russia are, from China are, and from central and south AMerica are. Illegal immigrants tend to be uneducated. Uneducated people tend to be involved in more criminal activity (due to poverty or this is the reason for said poverty....it doesn't matter) then educated people. Not good for society. Immigrants who cling to the language of their birth country are showing were they allegiance lies....and it does not lie with their new country. It is so much more then having to press numero dos per espanol. It has to do with respect, with assimiliation, and finally and most importantly can the US afford them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 06:33 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,419,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
It is not brain eating Mexicans and you know it. Illegal immigration is a financial and societal drain on our country. The immigrants from Poland are, from Russia are, from China are, and from central and south AMerica are. Illegal immigrants tend to be uneducated. Uneducated people tend to be involved in more criminal activity (due to poverty or this is the reason for said poverty....it doesn't matter) then educated people. Not good for society. Immigrants who cling to the language of their birth country are showing were they allegiance lies....and it does not lie with their new country. It is so much more then having to press numero dos per espanol. It has to do with respect, with assimiliation, and finally and most importantly can the US afford them?

Excellent points and post!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:53 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,757,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
That is a logical way of putting it, and its too bad theres lots of people on this board who have to resort to portraying Mexicans as monsters because they can't put a logical argument like that.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,596,415 times
Quote:
That is a logical way of putting it, and its too bad theres lots of people on this board who have to resort to portraying Mexicans as monsters because they can't put a logical argument like that.
I've seen this same, sane argument posted here a million times in the last year, and as always there's a little cadre of folks (you know who) that claim any kind of enforcement applied to CURE the problem is 'racist', 'xenophobic' or 'just plain MEAN!'. Save your faux surprise for a more believable moment...

Old 07-15-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I've seen this same, sane argument posted here a million times in the last year, and as always there's a little cadre of folks (you know who) that claim any kind of enforcement applied to CURE the problem is 'racist', 'xenophobic' or 'just plain MEAN!'. Save your faux surprise for a more believable moment...
faux surprise?
The people on this board who have been labelled "pro-illegal" are always willing to debate with logical posters. I never hear anyone label anyone racist or xenophobic unless someone behaves in that way.
But you don't gotta worry about it, Guy, youre not one of the level headed anti-illegals.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
faux surprise?
The people on this board who have been labelled "pro-illegal" are always willing to debate with logical posters. I never hear anyone label anyone racist or xenophobic unless someone behaves in that way.
But you don't gotta worry about it, Guy, youre not one of the level headed anti-illegals.
I sure would be shown out as a bigoted, red-necked racist if you could post JUST 1 quote from me that you believe would prove your POV.

I'll be waiting...

Old 07-15-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I sure would be shown out as a bigoted, red-necked racist if you could post JUST 1 quote from me that you believe would prove your POV.

I'll be waiting...
You dont have to be a redneck, bigot, or racist to be unable to give a good argument.
You haven't made many posts worth noting. Theyre mostly replies that go somethign like "YEAH!" or "what he said!"
Or posts that have way too much punctuation (!!!) or (?!?!) or angry smileys ().

no worries though. I don't even think we're arguing anything right now, so its cool.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
You dont have to be a redneck, bigot, or racist to be unable to give a good argument.
You haven't made many posts worth noting. Theyre mostly replies that go somethign like "YEAH!" or "what he said!"
Or posts that have way too much punctuation (!!!) or (?!?!) or angry smileys ().

no worries though. I don't even think we're arguing anything right now, so its cool.
Your stated POV was this...
Quote:
I'm asking you to give the viewing public an EXAMPLE of your reasoning. You know, where you think I'm not being 'level-headed'.

If you can find one ...

Old 07-15-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Your stated POV was this...
I'm asking you to give the viewing public an EXAMPLE of your reasoning. You know, where you think I'm not being 'level-headed'.

If you can find one ...
viewing public, click on "GuyPinestra"'s name, then click "View all Posts". Enjoy.

Nah, but seriously, this argument is getting dumb. If you'd like, you can take my not responding for not being able to find any posts to make you look bad, because I'm not trying to waste time on that. You can say, "thats what I thought". Enjoy the gloating.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
viewing public, click on "GuyPinestra"'s name, then click "View all Posts". Enjoy.

Nah, but seriously, this argument is getting dumb. If you'd like, you can take my not responding for not being able to find any posts to make you look bad, because I'm not trying to waste time on that. You can say, "thats what I thought". Enjoy the gloating.
I didn't realize it WAS an argument, I thought it was another fine example of your making baseless accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration