Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 01:33 PM

63,486 posts, read 29,475,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Actually Asians tend to be more Conservative on Social issues. It is like I said before, if anyone has a friend or family member in the country illegally, they are going to support a way for them to become legal. You think that in Asian communities or Hispanic communities the legal ones live on one side of town, and the illegals on the other? They go to separate places of worship? The form clicks and do not mingle together?
I guess I don't understand how any ethnic group can feel their kind here illegally should get a pass on our immigration laws. We have immigration laws for good reasons. Shouldn't we all collectively as Americans put the best interests of our country and our own citizens first? I will never understand it in a million years but then I am not an enthocentric. I don't think in terms of "me and "us" I think in terms of "we" as a nation as a whole. It says a lot about an ethnic group that calls Americans for the respect and enforcement of our immigration laws, racists, xenophobes, etc. They show their true colors when they stoop that low and it turns me off to any advocacy for an amnesty for their personal relatives or ethnic group. They threat and demand also. That takes a lot of unmitigated gall.

I have no idea what you mean by Asians/Hispanics, legal and illegal and places of worship. Most all ethnic groups mix socially or are members of the same places of worship but that doesn't mean they all support illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM

4,812 posts, read 3,334,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess I don't understand how any ethnic group can feel their kind here illegally should get a pass on our immigration laws. We have immigration laws for good reasons. Shouldn't we all collectively as Americans put the best interests of our country and our own citizens first? I will never understand it in a million years but then I am not an enthocentric. I don't think in terms of "me and "us" I think in terms of "we" as a nation as a whole. It says a lot about an ethnic group that calls Americans for the respect and enforcement of our immigration laws, racists, xenophobes, etc. They show their true colors when they stoop that low and it turns me off to any advocacy for an amnesty for their personal relatives or ethnic group. They threat and demand also. That takes a lot of unmitigated gall.

I have no idea what you mean by Asians/Hispanics, legal and illegal and places of worship. Most all ethnic groups mix socially or are members of the same places of worship but that doesn't mean they all support illegal immigration.
What I mean is the legal family may be sitting in the same pew as the illegal family. They become friends through their places of worship. They do not scorn someone just because they are illegal. They never even refer to them as illegal. They refer to them as "not having papers".

Old 08-21-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
What I mean is the legal family may be sitting in the same pew as the illegal family. They become friends through their places of worship. They do not scorn someone just because they are illegal. They never even refer to them as illegal. They refer to them as "not having papers".
Lawbreakers should be scorned especially foreigners here illegally causing grief and a fiscal burden on Americans. I guess it is no big deal that they have stolen jobs from Americans, reduced their wages, raised their taxes supporting their social costs, overcrowded our schools, jails and hospital, commit ID theft or tax evasion? As long as they are someone's personal relative all is good? They can call them "undocumented" all they want. The immigration law term for them is "illegal aliens".

Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 PM

4,812 posts, read 3,334,830 times
Quote:
Lawbreakers should be scorned especially foreigners here illegally causing grief and a fiscal burden on Americans. I guess it is no big deal that they have stolen jobs from Americans, reduced their wages, raised their taxes supporting their social costs, overcrowded our schools, jails and hospital, commit ID theft or tax evasion? As long as they are someone's personal relative all is good? They can call them "undocumented" all they want. The immigration law term for them is "illegal aliens".
I know, you've said that many times.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:46 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,963,928 times
Quote:

I don't get it either. It's like many Europeans, Asians and Hispanics want everything their way. Aliens with that kind of attitude need to go back home and STAY there.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:47 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,963,928 times
Quote:
ILLEGAL aliens NEED to be scorned. I'm of Irish family and I def DON'T want even Irish illegals here in the US. Sheesh!

Old 08-21-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't get it either. It's like many Europeans, Asians and Hispanics want everything their way. Aliens with that kind of attitude need to go back home and STAY there.
I think it is the supporters and defenders of illegal aliens that bother me the most because most of them are citizens of this country and obviously put ethnic ties to them above our immigration laws and the best interests of their fellow citizens and this country as a whole. I could never do that in a million years.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:20 PM

13,875 posts, read 9,811,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid55 View Post
How many NEW spanish speakers will it add by 2033? I don't know that much about immigration visas and stuff.

Here
Eventually, yes.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,282,445 times
The reform as designed by the Senate? NO After all it is in fact misnamed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration