Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 03:57 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,441,165 times

Advertisements

Débil, postura de Calderón en tema migratorio: Arellano - Diario.com.mx: Edición Cd. Juárez

Before you read the translation of this article, I've seen that a lot of people here thinks that Felipe Calderon Hinojosa (Mexico's President) supports Illegal immigration, but this is not the case and it's one of the reasons that Elvira Arellano stated that his position is weak. IMHO I don't think he is weak he is just aware that Mexico can't shove an immigration agenda to the United States because it's a sovereign country and that's one of the reasons he's working very hard to improve things here.

That said, enjoy

October 29, 2007
Horacio Jimenez
El Universal

Mexico city - The mexican pro immigration activist demanded to the mexican government to make stronger efforts to offer better work oportunities for the citizens of Mexico so they don't have to risk their lifes seeking the american dream.

Arellano remembered her encounter with Mexico's president Felipe Calderon the past august, when they spoke about the immigration issue, again she asked him to make a harder effort to help immigrants.
Even those of us who are in Mexico and want an improvement, because "honestly, I have the impression that Calderon has been weak on this"

On her interview with El universal, she assured that when a Mexican dies in the united states of America because of the lack of medical attention, or trying to cross the border "it is sad for his family to receive just a coffin, and even worse when they vanish at the border"

On the issue of the fellow countrymen that die because of not wanting to go to the hospital for fear of deportation or detention she said that in the mexican community "there is no peace, there is a lot of fear because of the enforcement of the immigration laws that have been enacted in counties or American cities" Elvira stated.

She even said that an appointment with a doctor costs 60 dollars without counting the medicine expenses.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Ok, to be honest I think Elvira Arellano is kind of an ignorant person who thinks that what she did is right, or that her demands are justified so I don't take her statements seriously with the exception of this:

Mexico city - The mexican pro immigration activist demanded to the mexican government to make stronger efforts to offer better work oportunities for the citizens of Mexico so they don't have to risk their lifes seeking the american dream.

Could it be that the illegal immigrants being deported because of the harder enforcement of immigration laws, will start to put more pressure on our government for things to be improved faster instead of demanding things to the wrong government and people? (American government and American citizens)

if this is so, then it is a positive thing (imho)

What are your thoughts friends?

Love and Light!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-05-2007 at 04:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 09:24 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,721,198 times
Very interesting post, Traveling Fella!

Since Mexico is so rich is so many ways, I have often felt there is only one reason for their "third world status" and their need to deport their human "garbage " at the expense of the U. S. Taxpayers . . . CORRUPTION!

As for Elvira Arellano . . . you are absolutely correct. She is basically being USED by an evil group with an agenda of taking advantage of the illegals as nothing more than modern day slavery!

Very SAD and DISGUSTING to put it mildly!

Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Very interesting post, Traveling Fella!

Since Mexico is so rich is so many ways, I have often felt there is only one reason for their "third world status" and their need to deport their human "garbage " at the expense of the U. S. Taxpayers . . . CORRUPTION!

As for Elvira Arellano . . . you are absolutely correct. She is basically being USED by an evil group with an agenda of taking advantage of the illegals as nothing more than modern day slavery!

Very SAD and DISGUSTING to put it mildly!
Dear Bummer you said it everything when you said CORRUPTION that's my country's disease, and now I'm strongly convinced of 2 things and I hope that my american friends hear me.

1 We Mexicans have to fight corruption TOOTH AND NAIL!!! and start demanding our government to do more for everyone.

2 You my American friends, have to demand the immigration laws to be enacted, it might be hard for some people, but in the end it'll be positive because then they will realize that as much as they lack the right to demand thing in a foreign country, they have the right to demand those things in their own country and be heard! and also we'll effectively eradicate that pseudoslave subclass.

Maybe after we solve this problem we could think in a true North American Union, but you know what?? I believe we already have it! We, the common folk are building it here in the forum with the ideas and information we've exchanged.

yours truly

the travelling fella

Love and Light!

Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,721,198 times
I could not agree more, Traveling Fella!

Mexico has all of the assets necessary to be as wealthy and prosperous as the United States . . . possibly more.

I am not referring to the top 5% of the citizens as it exists now but the majority of the population.

Presidents like Fox did nothing but take advantage of his "excess" unwanted population by encouraging and subsidizing them to become illegals in the United States with little or no concern for their safety and/or well being.

If Mexico's Elviras would only exert as much time and energy "fixing" their own problems rather than coming here to "fix" ours, they would be much better off and Mexico would flourish and prosper.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:35 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,510,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Dear Bummer you said it everything when you said CORRUPTION that's my country's disease, and now I'm strongly convinced of 2 things and I hope that my american friends hear me.

1 We Mexicans have to fight corruption TOOTH AND NAIL!!! and start demanding our government to do more for everyone.
Travelling fella - I know my mother gave up on Mexico in her era, she simply doesn't want anything to do with it anymore (the government that is). I think I am definitely more active than her in changing Mexico. My wife and I have even thought of moving down there and helping to shape Mexico, but now we have a child on the way and feel it is in our interests to have our child attend schools in the Bay Area.

Perhaps you could inform us on ways to assist Mexico by way of supporting certain groups or movements in Mexico that are looking to progressively shape Mexico's future?

Quote:
2 You my American friends, have to demand the immigration laws to be enacted, it might be hard for some people, but in the end it'll be positive because then they will realize that as much as they lack the right to demand thing in a foreign country, they have the right to demand those things in their own country and be heard! and also we'll effectively eradicate that pseudoslave subclass.
This is a great point that has become more clear to me since being on this forum (I truly have learned by our debates here), I am definitely in favor of enforcing immigration laws in the future, I am still not that fond of building a huge wall along the border, it is pretty much admitting that we as humans can't be civil neighbors.

My only beef with this is retroactively trying to deport people that we as America have allowed to be here up to this point, raids are pretty ruthless IMO.

Quote:
Maybe after we solve this problem we could think in a true North American Union, but you know what?? I believe we already have it! We, the common folk are building it here in the forum with the ideas and information we've exchanged.
It is only a matter of time.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:50 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,852,541 times
Quote:
Quote:
if this is so, then it is a positive thing (imho)

What are your thoughts friends?
Yes! I couldn't agree more! As we put the pressure on illegal aliens and conditions improve in Mexico the illegal aliens would self deport and find their dream in their home country!! Best of everything if you ask me.

Now if only all the rest of the countries that have given us illegal aliens would do the same thing!

Old 11-05-2007, 12:48 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,459,766 times
No because the mexican Pres is not against illegals entering America.

Incoming Mexican President Felipe Calderon Says Illegal Immigration Will Remain A Fact Of Life For America
By Digger

For anyone who thought the new incoming Mexican President Felipe Calderon would start cracking down on illegal immigration along our southern border, you are sadly mistaken.
[url=http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/001817.html

Old 11-05-2007, 02:13 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,852,541 times
[quote=Miborn;1918393]No because the mexican Pres is not against illegals entering America.

Incoming Mexican President Felipe Calderon Says Illegal Immigration Will Remain A Fact Of Life For America
By Digger

For anyone who thought the new incoming Mexican President Felipe Calderon would start cracking down on illegal immigration along our southern border, you are sadly mistaken.
[url=http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/001817.html[/QUOTE]

OK, maybe I'm mistaken here, but is it against the law for Mexicans to leave Mexico? And if not, exactly what is it President Calderon would crack down on?

Old 11-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Well to be honest I wouldn't believe media that is so biased as the diggers realm, maybe if you could have a more progressive and less biased source it'd be good to share it

Old 11-05-2007, 03:43 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,459,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Well to be honest I wouldn't believe media that is so biased as the diggers realm, maybe if you could have a more progressive and less biased source it'd be good to share it
It is all over the internet.

Mexico's Calderon protests U.S. crackdown on immigrants

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican President Felipe Calderon accused the United States on Sunday of stepping up persecution and abuse of undocumented Mexican workers with a crackdown on illegal immigrants.

Mexico's Calderon protests U.S. crackdown on immigrants | Politics | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration