Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:05 PM

24 posts, read 137,300 times

Advertisements

They make the Border Patrol look foolish.....
Too bad our government won't let them do their job

There, fixed it for ya.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Not all illegal immigrants are murders and rapists. I've never even heard of such atrocities until I came on this forum.
That's not what they are saying at all. They are saying just because something, anything doesn't affect them does not mean they don't have an opinion on it. With that said, illegal immigration affects everyone.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
They're trying to accomplish the "American Dream". Too bad they didn't go about it the right way first...right?
Yes, too bad.....for all legal tax paying immigrants and citizens of America.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Oh, no doubt. I've worked with several that after a year or so, we found out they were illegal. But they worked right along side of me and I them. I had no heartburn with their work ethics, their quality, their drive, nothing. Only that they were illegal.

One guy I worked with, when we did the sweep and found out who was legal and who wasn't, got caught up in it. We give all of them 72 hours to either produce legal documents, or not come back. This guy produced legal documents. Come to find out, he had went through the legal channels and filed everything. But in the interim, he had went to work using a fake name, drivers license, SS card and was afraid to go down and get his paperwork because he would look stupid coming to work and saying, "I have a different name." but once he was called on it, it only took him about 4 hours to round up all the proper paperwork and show up. Course, then he had to go through and get everything straightened out through HR. But he could of had legal paperwork for over 2 years and just never picked it up.
Isn't falsifying information on a job application grounds for termination? If it had been you or I we would have been let go.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,304 times
Dmitry Paniotto just another of those who takes advantage of new to the country peopleDuring the representation of my asylum case as homosexualDmitry Paniotto reveal contempt to me, used jokes which sounded like a personal threat'people who has complaints at our office do not stay in this country anymore'When he received my documents from the russian authorities he refused to sign any paper that he is receiving them.He1) collected $3,0002) he does not know and never asked what was the reason of my first entry in the US3) he represented my persecution as gay, but he does not know and never asked the name of my first lover.3.5) his activities were consistent of receiving money and providing me with 3 pages document, after that he was almost non-responsive and completely forgot about me.4) he was absent (on vacation) during my court hearing on 14th of May.5) he did not send most of the documents, I provided to him or copies to Anaheim, but only the asylum petition and a couple of documents, so my application referred to the absent documents, which made me look stupid before the US authorities, while I was instructed by him represent myself on my own on the interview.5.5) he sent some documents which I never had a chance to see before the Anaheim interview, so I could not represent them during the process of interview.6) he refused to give any of my documents back when I visited him in person on the 8th of July (more than 2 months after the Anaheim interview). I can prove the existance of the documents (I made the notarized copies), first he approved that he had the documents and have forgotten to send them, but promised to return them to me later, now he claims that he never received them from me. He has some of my documents but refuses to return them and offered ridiculous discounts for continuance of my representation in the immigration court.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:04 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,590,685 times
..It's against the law.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:05 PM

37,193 posts, read 42,381,270 times
The problem I have is the completely unwinnable position illegal immigration puts upon the US and everyone living in it. If they sneak in and fly under the radar long enough to have kids and raise them here who form lifeline connections it's near impossible to just say "leave". Yes, I know some people do say just that, but anyone who thinks about it and the effects it has on those who know nothing else BUT life in the USA (and may not even speak their native language all that well) isn't sleeping easy at the thought.

I don't like that we feel pressured to take responsibility for people that should not be here. That's the bottom line.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:54 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,233,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The problem I have is the completely unwinnable position illegal immigration puts upon the US and everyone living in it. If they sneak in and fly under the radar long enough to have kids and raise them here who form lifeline connections it's near impossible to just say "leave". Yes, I know some people do say just that, but anyone who thinks about it and the effects it has on those who know nothing else BUT life in the USA (and may not even speak their native language all that well) isn't sleeping easy at the thought.

I don't like that we feel pressured to take responsibility for people that should not be here. That's the bottom line.
Suffice to say: if you or I were living in Mexico illegally--------the Mx authorities would not be as 'nice', shall we say.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:27 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,764,962 times
1. Sanctuary cities. . .I live in one and hate it.
2. Never ending volleyball games all week, along with the cars, the noise, and the trash after the games. (Does this only happen in NJ?)
3. My real estate tax dollars paying for illegals in schools.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:59 AM

37,193 posts, read 42,381,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Suffice to say: if you or I were living in Mexico illegally--------the Mx authorities would not be as 'nice', shall we say.
I understand that but it still doesn't make me feel good. It's like I said, you can't win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration