Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:55 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,354,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
If it's as you say, don't you mean second generation AMERICAN? Or was that just a small Freudian slip?

(eta: I just noticed that apparently while your father may have been a citizen it seems your mother was a border jumper so never mind........carry on)
I was wondering the same thing. How can someone be a second generation Mexican but have been born here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 05:57 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,258,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is why we have the term "Illegal Alien apologist". Some think the list of laws broken by them to obtain work here is ok. I'm going to guess that is because they are related in some way by blood or race.

All those jobs you speak of "Americans won't do" would have people lining up to do them if illegal labor hadn't brought wages down to the point no one can live off of that wage.

Remove the illegals, fine and jail the illegal employers and wages will once again rise to the point they are palatable for Americans and legal workers.
That's what should happen. I doubt it will happen for the big companies. By big, I mean the really big ones, like Iowa Beef, Tyson Chicken, Con-Agra, etc., etc. I think the reason there will be no arrests for the big bucks employers is because they probably make large contributions to hoe politicians' campaigns.

I honestly believe until people STOP wasting energy pointing their fingers at the illegal workers and START lambasting the polilticians who may be in cahoots with some of these big companies, and also, STOP buying their goods, then things will not change. Anyone can do the research and see what large companies/corporations are notorious for recruiting and hiring illegal workers.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
That's what should happen. I doubt it will happen for the big companies. By big, I mean the really big ones, like Iowa Beef, Tyson Chicken, Con-Agra, etc., etc. I think the reason there will be no arrests for the big bucks employers is because they probably make large contributions to hoe politicians' campaigns.

I honestly believe until people STOP wasting energy pointing their fingers at the illegal workers and START lambasting the polilticians who may be in cahoots with some of these big companies, and also, STOP buying their goods, then things will not change. Anyone can do the research and see what large companies/corporations are notorious for recruiting and hiring illegal workers.
We have been contacting our politicians on a daily basis. Just because you don't see it doesn't make it so. Our politicians know how the majority of the American people feel about illegal immigration and the aiders and abettors such as the employers. We have been making great strides in the past couple of years.

Many large companies have been raided for hiring illegals so what are you talking about? Are you saying that now that they have been caught they are still doing it anyway? Many have been fined also. What you don't get is that it has to be proven that they "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Without e-verify and the illegals presenting such authentic looking fake documents it is hard for an employer to tell if they are legal or not. Granted some do know but once caught you won't convince me that they are continuing to do it.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:10 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,258,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We have been contacting our politicians on a daily basis. Just because you don't see it doesn't make it so. Our politicians know how the majority of the American people feel about illegal immigration and the aiders and abettors such as the employers. We have been making great strides in the past couple of years.

Many large companies have been raided for hiring illegals so what are you talking about? Are you saying that now that they have been caught they are still doing it anyway? Many have been fined also. What you don't get is that it has to be proven that they "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Without e-verify and the illegals presenting such authentic looking fake documents it is hard for an employer to tell if they are legal or not. Granted some do know but once caught you won't convince me that they are continuing to do it.
"Rose colored glasses" Search the definition.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
"Rose colored glasses" Search the definition.
I don't wear rose colored glasses and everything I said is a fact of which you couldn't refute.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:20 PM

385 posts, read 723,971 times
Quote:
You're wrong! Many employers have been fined for hiring illegal aliens. The problem is trying to prove that they "knowingly" hired them. Without e-verify and the illegals using very authentic looking fake or stolen documents it is hard to prove. I'd like a link to your claims that American Apparel put up a billboard advertising for illegal workers.

Why don't you blame illegals for working in our country illegally? Why do you make them innocent? What they are doing is against the law. Doesn't that matter to you? So you would only blame the bank robber but not the guy driving the get-a-way car?

Once again, there is no way of knowing who is hiring illegal aliens and who isn't until they are caught. You know of someone other way to tell ahead of time?
American Apparel | Legalize LA | Immigration Reform Now!

They have it on the side of their building as well, but I dont got time to drive by.

The American Apparel Factory and the American Dream
10/15/2009

The last few weeks have meant difficult decisions and sadness at American Apparel. Compliance with immigration laws has resulted in the dismissal of about 1,500 of our permanent employees due to alleged discrepancies in their immigration documentation. These friends and family members leave behind not only their jobs and wages, but the safety and opportunities that exist at the largest, most efficient garment factory in the country. Even as we adjust to this difficult loss, the events which culminated in a banquet hall ceremony outside Los Angeles this Thursday leave us hopeful. There, Jeremías Pablo, an employee of American Apparel who started as a shirtsleeve sewer more than 10 years ago, was officially sworn in as a citizen of the United States.

Soo will you say sorry now? Or bring up other excuses and crap? Major employer admiting it, have they put out of business or boycotted, nope

Old 02-22-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhiryuu View Post
American Apparel | Legalize LA | Immigration Reform Now!

They have it on the side of their building as well, but I dont got time to drive by.

The American Apparel Factory and the American Dream
10/15/2009

The last few weeks have meant difficult decisions and sadness at American Apparel. Compliance with immigration laws has resulted in the dismissal of about 1,500 of our permanent employees due to alleged discrepancies in their immigration documentation. These friends and family members leave behind not only their jobs and wages, but the safety and opportunities that exist at the largest, most efficient garment factory in the country. Even as we adjust to this difficult loss, the events which culminated in a banquet hall ceremony outside Los Angeles this Thursday leave us hopeful. There, Jeremías Pablo, an employee of American Apparel who started as a shirtsleeve sewer more than 10 years ago, was officially sworn in as a citizen of the United States.

Soo will you say sorry now? Or bring up other excuses and crap? Major employer admiting it, have they put out of business or boycotted, nope
I clicked on your link. Nowhere did I see a billboard advertising that they hire illegal workers or that they were trying to recruit them. They only advertised that they were for CIR.

Did you not see the statement above from them where they used the term "alleged discrepencies"? In other words the accusatons were "alleged" not proven. It all goes back to having to prove that an employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens and I read no admittance by them that they did it knowingly as you claimed that they did. I suspect they did because of their sympathies for these illegal aliens and their obvious thirst for bigger profits but I wouldn't be able to prove it either. No apology is forthcoming until it is proven in a court of law that they "knowingly" hired illegal aliens.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,609,351 times
Quote:
I clicked on your link. Nowhere did I see a billboard advertising that they hire illegal workers or that they were trying to recruit them. They only advertised that they were for CIR.

Did you not see the statement above from them where they used the term "alleged discrepencies"? In other words the accusatons were "alleged" not proven. It all goes back to having to prove that an employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens and I read no admittance by them that they did it knowingly as you claimed that they did. I suspect they did because of their sympathies for these illegal aliens and their obvious thirst for bigger profits but I wouldn't be able to prove it either. No apology is forthcoming until it is proven in a court of law that they "knowingly" hired illegal aliens.
That idiotic loophole must end. To my knowledge, they don’t even fine those companies for noncompliance. Try that with other laws and see what happens. Can you even imagine an IRS official saying, “That’s okay, you didn’t “knowingly” fail to file your tax returns for 5 years. Please be more careful in the future.”

I would be surprised if most companies with a large illegal workforce don’t at least suspect they’re employing illegals. They know. They simply don’t give a damn. When caught, they know they can feign ignorance. It’s total BS.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:52 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,458,335 times
they are destroying this country.

I'm glad I'll be dead in 50 years so I won't have to live in a third world country.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
they are destroying this country.

I'm glad I'll be dead in 50 years so I won't have to live in a third world country.
I hear ya but I am concerned about my grandchildren's future having to live in a third world country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration