Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 05:11 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,045,506 times

Advertisements

Janet Napolitano: We shouldn’t wait until the border is secure to legalize illegals « Hot Air

Embarrassing, appalling, disgusting. When the head of Department of HOMELAND SECURITY doesnt think we should have secure borders before dealing with illegals, we have a huge problem. This slob needs to be fired. And she needs to answer as to why she hasnt done enough to make our borders more secure by now.

To give amnesty or even a path to illegals before securing our borders is foolish. We know damn well how that worked out last time when we took some people word that the borders would be secure. $20 million ILLEGALS or more later, here we are again.

No securing of borders, no path to anything but deportation. And if Obama has any sense of duty he would get rid of this disgusting failure, Janet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 05:14 PM

63,019 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Janet Napolitano: We shouldn’t wait until the border is secure to legalize illegals « Hot Air

Embarrassing, appalling, disgusting. When the head of Department of HOMELAND SECURITY doesnt think we should have secure borders before dealing with illegals, we have a huge problem. This slob needs to be fired. And she needs to answer as to why she hasnt done enough to make our borders more secure by now.

To give amnesty or even a path to illegals before securing our borders is foolish. We know damn well how that worked out last time when we took some people word that the borders would be secure. $20 million ILLEGALS or more later, here we are again.

No securing of borders, no path to anything but deportation. And if Obama has any sense of duty he would get rid of this disgusting failure, Janet.
Couldn't agree more.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,504,278 times
Quote:
I have the impression the OP didn't read the material that's linked. I did. And I don't see the (false) assertion that the Secretary is saying what the OP says she is.

Here's what the material linked in the OP does say on the subject:

Quote:
Obama and Napolitano have said border security could and should be improved as any part of comprehensive immigration reform, and the secretary reiterated on Tuesday that they will do what they can to support the efforts of the bipartisan groups in Congress. Border measures should be coupled with employer enforcement, a streamlined legal immigration process and a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, she argued.
If I'm wrong then the OP will provide a link to other statements of the Secretary, in the material that's being provided. Or, apologize and ask the Moderators to remove the discussion.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I have the impression the OP didn't read the material that's linked. I did. And I don't see the (false) assertion that the Secretary is saying what the OP says she is.

Here's what the material linked in the OP does say on the subject:

If I'm wrong then the OP will provide a link to other statements of the Secretary, in the material that's being provided. Or, apologize and ask the Moderators to remove the discussion.
Here is what she also stated in the article:

"Napolitano also cautioned against another commonly-used phrase in immigration reform: getting to the “back of the line” behind those trying to immigrate legally. The Obama administration has used the phrase as well, and Napolitano didn’t argue on Tuesday that undocumented immigrants should be given a quicker path than would-be legal immigrants. Still, she pointed out that the “line” isn’t easy to define".

The line isn't easy to define? Um, the line for legal immigration forms in the potential immigrant's homeland not within our borders and she and Obama know that. By allowing illegal immigrants to remain here rather than being returned to their countries to apply legally like those waiting in their homelands they are indeed being given special treatment. Even the line for citizenship begins in the immigrant's homeland by applying to come here legally first and then starting the citizenship process here.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:43 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,504,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Here is what she also stated in the article:

"Napolitano also cautioned against another commonly-used phrase in immigration reform: getting to the “back of the line” behind those trying to immigrate legally. The Obama administration has used the phrase as well, and Napolitano didn’t argue on Tuesday that undocumented immigrants should be given a quicker path than would-be legal immigrants. Still, she pointed out that the “line” isn’t easy to define".

The line isn't easy to define? Um, the line for legal immigration forms in the potential immigrant's homeland not within our borders and she and Obama know that. By allowing illegal immigrants to remain here rather than being returned to their countries to apply legally like those waiting in their homelands they are indeed being given special treatment. Even the line for citizenship begins in the immigrant's homeland by applying to come here legally first and then starting the citizenship process here.
Shifting the discussion to another topic? Fine. Start a different thread. Othewise, just sit down.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Shifting the discussion to another topic? Fine. Start a different thread. Othewise, just sit down.

What? My comments were in regards to what was stated in the initital article that was posted. What's the matter did I hit a nerve of truth? Sit down? When did I become your child?

Old 03-28-2013, 12:20 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,325,114 times
The only line illegals should join is the line to the bus/plane to take them back to their home countries.

We need to beef up border security. It's a national security issue. I guess 12 years out from 9/11 people have forgotten what that day was like, but I sure haven't.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The only line illegals should join is the line to the bus/plane to take them back to their home countries.

We need to beef up border security. It's a national security issue. I guess 12 years out from 9/11 people have forgotten what that day was like, but I sure haven't.
Nor have I. It isn't only supposedly innocent little migrant workers that are getting through our porous southern border.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,325,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nor have I. It isn't only supposedly innocent little migrant workers that are getting through our porous southern border.
Indeed. Let's hope it doesn't take another 9/11 to drill it into people that we need tight border security. There are people out there who spend all day, every day thinking up new and horrific ways to kill innocent American civilians.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:46 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,677,304 times
Quote:

We don't need reform, all we need is enforcement of current laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration