Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:16 PM

38,070 posts, read 22,230,400 times

Advertisements

The incompetence of these people never ends. Seems that he entire presidential administration has been bad mouthing SB1070, the new law signed in Arizona, inciting entire cities to boycott the entire state of Arizona. Sadly, none of them have read it. It's only ten freaking pages long!!

The following people in the 0bama administration have not read the Arizona immigration law SB-1070, but here is what they publicly said about the law anyway.:

President Barack 0bama:
“That includes for example the recent efforts in Arizona which threaten basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe. In fact, I’ve instructed members of my administration to closely monitor the situation and examine the civil rights and other implications of this legislation.”

“You can try to make it really tough on people who look like they, quote, unquote look like illegal immigrants. One of the things that the law says is that local officials are allow to ask somebody who they have a suspicion might be an illegal immigrant for their papers — but you can imagine if you are a Hispanic American in Arizona, your great, great grandparents may have been there before Arizona was even a state. But now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you’re going to be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen.”
But if we continue to fail to act at a federal level, we will continue to see misguided efforts to open up across the country.

White House Press Secetary Robert Gibbs: "Somebody that gets stopped who is legal resident, is a citizen. It's clear that in the law, if you're suspected to be (illegal) the law allows you to be stopped. You may be a citizen. That's what he's asked the Justice Department to look into, again, if it becomes law."

US Attorney General Eric Holder: "We are considering all of our options. One possibility is filing a lawsuit.”

"I think we could potentially get on a slippery slope where people will be picked on because of how they look as opposed to what they have done, and that is, I think, something that we have to try to avoid at all costs."

SHS Janet Napolitano: "That's not the kind of law I would have signed," she declared. "I believe it's a bad law enforcement law. I believe it mandates and requires local enforcement and puts them in a position many do not want to be placed in," Napolitano said. "When I was dealing with laws of that ilk, most of the law enforcement agencies in Arizona at that time were opposed to such legislation."

Napolitano Admits She Hasn't Read Arizona Law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 07:22 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,512,501 times
Most people in those positions on either side don't sit and read entire bills. They dont have time to. They receive briefs. I don't see anything wrong with their comments. You may not agree with them but that's your opinion. NO republican in congress read the entire healthcare bill and it didn't bother you that they were mouthing all kinds of untruths.

Again, conservatives only show outrage when its convenient and supports their point of view.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
If they haven't fully read the law they should state such when they give their opinion.

Obama especially when he talked about the family going out for ice cream being stopped and asked for "their papers".

And the President is college educated ? and in law no less ? ...and gives that type of opinion.
I'm sure he figures his masses will just take his word for it.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:35 PM

22,216 posts, read 19,512,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If they haven't fully read the law they should state such when they give their opinion.

Obama especially when he talked about the family going out for ice cream being stopped and asked for "their papers".

And the President is college educated ? and in law no less ? ...and gives that type of opinion.
I'm sure he figures his masses will just take his word for it.
Yes, and if that can happen with this bill. Someone happens to roll a stop sign and well....

Old 05-17-2010, 07:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,778 times
it's funny because how can you say something is wrong if you know nothing about it? it's just there are a lot of illegals who are complaining and since there are about 20 million in our country it seems like America is complaining but WERE NOT thats why 73% of us agree with Arizona law

Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,778 times
I agree but i think it was mostly the media and mostly the illegals were complaining and he thought that something was wrong with it but he should of done his research. I think he NEEDS to APOLOGIZE for being misguided haha

Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Most people in those positions on either side don't sit and read entire bills. They dont have time to. They receive briefs. I don't see anything wrong with their comments. You may not agree with them but that's your opinion. NO republican in congress read the entire healthcare bill and it didn't bother you that they were mouthing all kinds of untruths.

Again, conservatives only show outrage when its convenient and supports their point of view.
Its only ten pages! Actually, out of all four of these people Napolitano was the most reserved, the other three flat out made asses of themselves with their ignorant and false statements.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes, and if that can happen with this bill. Someone happens to roll a stop sign and well....
They roll a stop sign, the police pull them over and ask to see license and registration, and if they have both, they get a ticket or a warning and go on their way; just as if SB-1070 never existed.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,535,092 times
She's playing stupid. she know exactly what's going on in Arizona. Read all about her.

In August 2005 Napolitano took a measure ostensibly intended to curb illegal immigration, declaring a "state of emergency" along Arizona's border with Mexico, a move that cleared the way for the National Guard to block illegal entry into the United States. In July 2007, she signed an employer-sanctions law that made it a crime for businesses to hire illegal immigrants.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2392

Old 05-17-2010, 08:03 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,535,092 times
She was their governor. She has a history with Arizona.

In 1993, President Bill Clinton appointed Napolitano to be United States Attorney for the District of Arizona. In 2002 Napolitano ran successfully as the Democratic Party candidate for Arizona governor. She was reelected four years later. In November 2008, President-elect Barack Obama named Napolitano for the post of U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security.

As Arizona governor, Napolitano in 2003 vetoed House Bill 2345, which was designed to curb voter fraud by requiring voters to present a driver's license or two forms of identification when casting their ballots. According to Napolitano, such a law would disenfranchise "poor voters" and thus would violate the civil rights of legal Latino citizens. She also supported a proposal to grant driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration