Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,455,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
More than likely a college student with high ideals about changing America to "Utopia".
Wait til he has to get a job, or when he has a family with kids in the public school system or get a job and be transferred to a border state.

Then he may see that it might be a big deal.
It's only down in the deep South that people give a sh** about illegal immigration. Here in Chicago nobody minds, cares, or really thinks about the over one million Mexicans living in the metro area, and we're all doing just fine. I wonder why that is?

Old 02-11-2013, 05:03 PM

63,062 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Have you gone over the speed limit? you're a criminal.
Have you ever jaywalked? then you're a criminal
Have you littered? then you're a criminal
Yes and for each of these crimes there is a punishment when caught. The punishment for being caught in our country illegally is deportation. See how that works?

Old 02-11-2013, 05:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,359,541 times
Quote:
so I ask again, you have failed to answer:

If you were brought here when you 2 years old, from chile, and you know nothing about Chile, the government, politics, and do not know the language, should you be deported to Chile?
Since you have failed to answer I ask again:

How does Obama have the authority to enact his own version of the Dream Act? BTW: It was voted down by Congress.

Do you believe that we have the resources and infrastructure to accommodate anyone in the world who wants to immigrate to this country?

So where do we draw the line?

Old 02-11-2013, 05:04 PM

63,062 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
It's only down in the deep South that people give a sh** about illegal immigration. Here in Chicago nobody minds, cares, or really thinks about the over one million Mexicans living in the metro area, and we're all doing just fine. I wonder why that is?
Don't be ridiculous! I don't live in the south and I am concerned about illegal immigration and so are many other Americans in all 50 states.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:06 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,359,541 times
Quote:
That's because you live in a city know for liberal lunacy where hope & change trump reality. Don't try to speak for half of the country based on your viewpoint.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:07 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,078,722 times
Quote:
You have no idea that anything against the law is a crime. its against the law the jaywalk; whether a fine is paid or jail/prison time is offered.

Ever drove drunk? Lucky you didn't get caught? you still committed a crime.
An infraction is not a crime and is not punishable by imprisonment. People v. Sava (1987) 190 Cal.App.3d 935, 235 Cal.Rptr. 694

Quote:
And that wasn't a response.
Because its not what you want to hear.

Quote:
and many farmers haven't "updated" and/or there are not machines that can replace the skilled laborers out in the field.

Quote:
Ever gone pineapple picking? There is no machine invented that can replace the 20-40 workers that work in a field to gather 300-400 pineapples each, in a day. They have to wear long sleeved shirts, thick gloves, scarves and hats, just to keep themselves protected harsh spines of the pineapple crowns, working with machetes/long knives to free the pineapple from the ground. it's been the same process of harvesting pineapples for 70 years and that process hasn't changed much in those years.
So now we are going to Hawaii? And yet there is a Pineapple Harvesting machine used in Hawaii. Look, only certain Tamatoes need to be picked by hand, many can and are picked by machine, the same with lettuce and many other crops.
https://www.google.com/search?q=toma...ient=firefox-a
https://www.google.com/search?q=lett...ient=firefox-a
https://www.google.com/search?q=pine...ient=firefox-a

Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
so I ask again, you have failed to answer:

If you were brought here when you 2 years old, from chile, and you know nothing about Chile, the government, politics, and do not know the language, should you be deported to Chile?
YES!

Simple F'n answer.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:09 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,441,207 times
Quote:
\

Yes he should. Chile has civilized cities to live in like America. While in Chile he would assimilate (like he did here) and learn their language while buying time to learn how to come back to America the lawful right way in order to take the 'Oath of Allegiance' so he can become a true naturalized American citizen. He can look at it as a minor setback in life all while giving him a chance to curse the living sh*t out of his parents for not entering America the lawful way to begin with.

Last edited by Old Army Soldier; 02-11-2013 at 05:33 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Funny, the West Coast gives a sh**. Northern California doesn't want Southern California's burdens.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,364,605 times
Quote:
Federal $$$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.