Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,234,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
He is a criminal.
How?

Quote:
What don't you understand? Why must I repeat it. Him & his parents should be deported. Why don't you understand immigration laws?
Why is the son being punished for the crimes of the parents? He was a child when they brought him in. If you feel he needs to get deported, then why don't you do something about it? Obviously you're invested in this enough, so get on it and deport him along with his parents.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
What does having been in the military have to do with anything? An immigrant can join our US Military, they do not get automatic citizenship for doing so, if they apply for citizenship while in the military they get citizenship faster (instead of taking 3 - 5 years, it may take 1 -3 instead). I'll bet you were an 11B or 12B.
Sorry, but that's not how it works. If illegals enlist in our military, they become citizens in as little as six months. Here's an article from the NY Times back in 2009 touching on it:

US Military to offer pathway to citizenship

As I said, I know what I'm talking about since I served with several people who went this route.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:27 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,078,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Sorry, but that's not how it works. If illegals enlist in our military, they become citizens in as little as six months. Here's an article from the NY Times back in 2009 touching on it:

As I said, I know what I'm talking about since I served with several people who went this route.
Key words....in as little as 6 months.... Why, because they were going to be sent into a known war zone. Any other time, or any other active duty station, it is 1 - 3 years. Also note from your link:The Army’s one-year pilot program which could expedite citizenship for an immigrant to as little as 6 months.

I too was in the military, I married and brought my wife from Europe while in the military, I have been through the process.

Now, an illegal can not enlist into our military...from your own link (Which you should actually attempt to comprehend what you link to)
Quote:
The military does not allow illegal immigrants to enlist, and that policy would not change, officers said. Recruiting officials pointed out that volunteers with temporary visas would have already passed a security screening and would have shown that they had no criminal record.
the few illegals that have used falsified documents to join, when found out were immediately discharged.

Your link talks about immigrants and temporary immigrants who are here legally and clearly points out that illegals can not join the military. This was nothing but a pilot program that was discussed but never came to fruition. So, yet once again you are shown to be ignorant of what is being discussed.

As I have said and have shown, you haven't a clue about what you are talking about.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 02-13-2013 at 04:09 PM..

Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Key words....in as little as 6 months.... Why, because they were going to be sent into a known war zone. Any other time, or any other active duty station, it is 1 - 3 years. Also note from your link:The Army’s one-year pilot program which could expedite citizenship for an immigrant to as little as 6 months.

I too was in the military, I married and brought my wife from Europe while in the military, I have been through the process.

Now, an illegal can not enlist into our military...from your own link (Which you should actually attempt to comprehend what you link to) the few illegals that have used falsified documents to join, when found out were immediately discharged.

Your link talks about immigrants and temporary immigrants who are here legally and clearly points out that illegals can not join the military. This was nothing but a pilot program that was discussed but never came to fruition. So, yet once again you are shown to be ignorant of what is being discussed.

As I have said and have shown, you haven't a clue about what you are talking about.
TL;DR so I'll just say this:

Old 02-13-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
TL;DR ....typical So you get shown your ignorance and you come back with this jpeg? You should try learning (actually reading comments) vs thinking/claiming you know things you obviously haven't a clue about or use links that completely show you as clueless and lacking in basic English comprehension.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 02-13-2013 at 04:33 PM..

Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:

Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:

My comment is exactly how it works, your link even agrees with me. Your own link disproves your claim of you knowing what you are talking about. Your still wet behind your ears sailor, I'll even bet you haven't dropped your balls, so much for the bull, huh calf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.