Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 11:42 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,872,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...It's very difficult for me to believe IBM[M]useum has ever visited Las Cruces much less lives there as he claims since he doesn't have a clue about the drugs coming over the border or the problems of Juarez...

I was born in Las Cruces...

And have a Brother-in-Law and his grown sons in Juarez. We transit that same corridor (which was safer than either side before, but now has the Sinaloa and Gulf cartels fighting for it in the middle). I know enough that you are misleading those that don't live on the border.

Like this whopper:

Quote:
...These people for the most part come over in semi-trailers of trucks and train box-cars. It's not very difficult for the cartes to get a shipment of 80 humans over, it goes on all the times. Even in Mexico they find crowded busses and train cars filled with Central Americans en route to the USA. They wouldn't be coming in those large numbers if it was difficult to get over the USA border.
You are blending what goes on in Chiapas, on Mexico's southern border, with its northern one. It is just one reinvention after another, and you can't stick with whether it is some doorway below the Port of Entry, your "shopping visas", or bringing in illegal aliens by the truckload. Most humorously, you act like all of the above are well-known to everyone south of our border, but that our own CBP is either oblivious, or complicent, with letting migrants through unimpeded.

I haven't quite figured out what your particular angle is for doing so yet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 11:52 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,703,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

And have a Brother-in-Law and his grown sons in Juarez. We transit that same corridor (which was safer than either side before, but now has the Sinaloa and Gulf cartels fighting for it in the middle). I know enough that you are misleading those that don't live on the border.

Like this whopper:

You are blending what goes on in Chiapas, on Mexico's southern border, with its northern one. It is just one reinvention after another, and you can't stick with whether it is some doorway below the Port of Entry, your "shopping visas", or bringing in illegal aliens by the truckload. Most humorously, you act like all of the above are well-known to everyone south of our border, but that our own CBP is either oblivious, or complicent, with letting migrants through unimpeded.

You still haven't addressed the fact that government officials have said that only 5% of trucks who cross the border are inspected.

What do you have to say about that?

Old 11-25-2011, 06:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 70,028,634 times
Quote:

Then you should know what the Juarez drug corridor is and how it's about bringing drugs over that border. You act almost like someone from Ohio when it comes to what's going on in Juarez.

You seem to think there is a controlled border and you seem to lack total understanding of how so many illegals manage to cross the border.

Very very few trucks or vehicles are inspected and the border is easily crossed in this area -- that's why the Juarez drug corridor is what it is, it's why the cartels all want control over it.

If the border were to be enforced, if drug shipments couldn't easily be crossed into El Paso and stolen vehicles crossed into Juarez, the violence in Juarez would come to a halt, it would revert back to what it once was -- a somewhat wild but mostly sleepy border town. There would be no cartels fighting for control over a border they couldn't control.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:45 PM

47,525 posts, read 70,028,634 times
Quote:

Oh and of course what goes on in Chiapas, Mexico's southern border, most certainly involves the very open border to the north. All those Central Americans aren't coming over Mexico's southern border to remain in Mexico but are en route to the USA.

If Mexico believed all those thousands of Central Americans intended to take jobs from Mexicans, Mexico would put a stop to them coming in. Mexico knows they are only passing through so for the most part they are very lenient about them, but if they do catch them working in Mexico, they are deported.

Mass burial pits of 80 or so individuals wasn't the result of good border enforcement and those pits weren't full of Central Americans wanting to work hard for a living in Mexico, they were headed here but too bad these people were involved with the cartels and so a certain fate awaited them. Too bad it's too late for them to learn about the H2A visas that would have allowed them to come, even in unlimited numbers but safely.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:46 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,872,049 times
Quote:
Then you should know what the Juarez drug corridor is and how it's about bringing drugs over that border. You act almost like someone from Ohio when it comes to what's going on in Juarez...
More than being familiar with our border area at El Paso, I am one of the few on this forum that has also spent some time on the other side. NPR has a few nuggets of information that are relevant, but I'm not going to blend two widely separate areas of Laredo and El Paso as being identical. The electronic methods of x-ray (remember that picture of an individual in the back of a trailer?) and radiological testing (which has the implication that every truck is scanned) are heavily used, and the manual inspections (taking everything out by forklift, which can't be done on each one) to the extent of the NPR article.

Ohio?...

I've never been there...

Old 11-25-2011, 08:53 PM

7,550 posts, read 11,456,808 times
We can all agree that the U.S does have an open border basically that allows people to freely enter and leave as long as they follow certain legal procedures?

I guess if we wanted to totally seal the U.S border by having a closed border America would then be following North Korea. As long as we have the controlled open border that we have people and things that shouldn't be here will get in. So the idea of the U.S being able to keep everybody and everything out may be unrealistic without us going the closed border route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration