Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 11:15 AM

22,626 posts, read 12,245,194 times

Advertisements

I've also never been the victim of identity theft, either, so.....
----------------------------

^That you know of. I hope that you use a credit monitoring service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 02:16 PM

63,558 posts, read 29,687,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm A Gypsy View Post
I'm Puerto Rican and I wouldn't or couldn't be the least bit embarrassed by what other people who share a common colonial ancestor with me does. That would be insanely stupid.

I don't have any issues with other Hispanics either, at all, though. I've also never been the victim of identity theft, either, so.....
I would guess that Puerto Ricans and those from Mexican or other Latino roots are a bit different in their views and cultures. The Spanish language may be the only similarity. The topic here is illegal aliens/immigration. Law abiding Americans oppose it and those who are their supporters. They also oppose giving them amnesty especially one of this magnitude with millions of Americans out of work.

Nice that you haven't been the victim of ID theft by an illegal alien but many Americans have been so.....I would think that you would care about them anyway. I am retired but I still care about the millions of unemployed Americans who have been undercut by illegal aliens. See how that works?

Old 03-22-2015, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyEX View Post
You want to talk about "illegal immigration"? Let's..

Between 1492 to 1992, Millions of Europeans forcefully Invaded the North American Continent, murdering it's Native "Citizens" by the thousands and driving them into reservations.

They didn't apply for a Visa with the Native American embassy, or even ask for permission from any of the Chiefs. They outright INVADED, against the natives' will, murdered them, stole their land, raped their women, renamed everything and called it America!

Now THERE'S a great history lesson on Illegal immigration!!!

Thank You.
Wrong!

First of all, when the Europeans came, there was no USA, thus no immigration laws.

The Indian tribes were often at war with one another.

Even the Indians were "immigrants" having come here from Asia. Some even think that the Solutreans were here even earlier.

Every country in the world has been conquered at some point in its history. If this bothers you so much, then do a world tour where you visit the graves of the conquerors and yell at them.

So...you didn't give any lesson on "illegal immigration" at all.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Wrong!

First of all, when the Europeans came, there was no USA, thus no immigration laws.

The Indian tribes were often at war with one another.

Even the Indians were "immigrants" having come here from Asia. Some even think that the Solutreans were here even earlier.

Every country in the world has been conquered at some point in its history. If this bothers you so much, then do a world tour where you visit the graves of the conquerors and yell at them.

So...you didn't give any lesson on "illegal immigration" at all.
Not only that but the ancestors of the Mexicans (which he keeps bringing up) were Spanish Europeans themselves. They settled south of our border not within our borders. The tribes that settled within our borders are all full fledged U.S. citizens. The indio ancestors of the Mexicans did not. No one was native to this continent/country as all of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else including the so-called native's ancestors. This has nothing to do with our immigration laws today which requires one to apply for papers to come here. Coming here illegally is against the law just as it is in every other country in the world.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:12 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,599,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not only that but the ancestors of the Mexicans (which he keeps bringing up) were Spanish Europeans themselves. They settled south of our border not within our borders. The tribes that settled within our borders are all full fledged U.S. citizens. The indio ancestors of the Mexicans did not. No one was native to this continent/country as all of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else including the so-called native's ancestors. This has nothing to do with our immigration laws today which requires one to apply for papers to come here. Coming here illegally is against the law just as it is in every other country in the world.
Though I agree it shouldn't matter NOW, I have to correct something (OCD). The Spanish Europeans did not settle "south of our border", they started coming in the 1500s well before there was a USA border and also settled the southwest. I suspect some of Bos's Puerto Rican ancestors arrived there around the same time.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Though I agree it shouldn't matter NOW, I have to correct something (OCD). The Spanish Europeans did not settle "south of our border", they started coming in the 1500s well before there was a USA border and also settled the southwest. I suspect some of Bos's Puerto Rican ancestors arrived there around the same time.
It's quite possible that I had an ancestor who came over to PR with Columbus---I would love to be able to confirm this. That said, I definitely have Spanish ancestry, as well as African and Native American Indian.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
What I meant and explained later in my post is that the indio ancestor's of the Mexicans settled south of our border. I am aware that the Spaniards settled both here and in Mexico.

The erroneous argument that keeps being made is that Mexicans have a right to enter our country at will based on their indio ancestry. As I said, the fact is that their indio ancestry did not settle within our borders they settled south of our border. The descendants of the tribes that did settle within our borders are U.S. citizens. There lays the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration