Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 11:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,646,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Uh, yeah you´re being overly dramatic about air conditioning protecting them from heat stroke (soldiers tend to be smart enough to hydrate and use means to minimize the potential of heat injuries). I have been in that particular theatre of operations for more than a cumulative two years of my life before, and year-round. It also gets unbelievably cold in the opposite season, and typically shifts from one extreme to the other within a few weeks.
Oh, so our soldiers don’t need air conditioners in 100+ degree temps, or heat when it’s cold? Unbelievable.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:19 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,872,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, so our soldiers don’t need air conditioners in 100+ degree temps, or heat when it’s cold? Unbelievable.
You under-estimate our soldiers and sailors. I lived in an Army camp in Iraq in the height of Summer with no air conditioners (our latrine and shower facilities also had to be home-built, out of tubs we burned with diesel every day, and water jugs, respectively). It took the span of several months to set up air conditioners in many of the camps (along with structures for bathrooms and showers).

And my earlier ¨brown water¨ Navy tours were about the same level of amenities too...
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration